S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 04-18-2012, 05:05 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by robb' timestamp='1334753814' post='21619115
I'm headed south back to my home state of R.I. Haven't seen the family since Christmas my parents just got back from Fl. so they are hosting the family for a belated Easter and on sat. we will celebrate mine and my Mom's bdays since we weren't together for them in Feb.
Have fun, Robb! Belated Happy Birthday.

On one of those trips to RI, you're going to have to detour to MA so we can meet up. Maybe you can get a mushroom burger with no meat?
LOL you have a good memory! You guys need to head up north!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raymo19
After a couple of years wondering what to do with the area where the elm tree used to be I decided to build a raised herb/vegetable bed in the space. I'm not sure what happened with the 2x12 on the front but I suspect the upper end dropped overnight even though it was staked. It's not level but at least it's square.
Rori wants one under the living room window for herbs and flowers. I think I'm going to make it out of white vinyl board to match the fence. What do you fill the thing with, potting soil? And what are you doing this weekend?
Old 04-18-2012, 05:43 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1334754133' post='21619131
[quote name='robb' timestamp='1334753814' post='21619115']
I'm headed south back to my home state of R.I. Haven't seen the family since Christmas my parents just got back from Fl. so they are hosting the family for a belated Easter and on sat. we will celebrate mine and my Mom's bdays since we weren't together for them in Feb.

On one of those trips to RI, you're going to have to detour to MA so we can meet up. Maybe you can get a mushroom burger with no meat?
[/quote]

We tell that "Do I look like a guy who doesn't eat meat"? story now and again for a few laughs. We'd like to head to VT again. That restaurant you took us to in Killington had the best pulled pork ever. We need more vaca time and a bigger vacation budget! A longer summer season would be good too.

We'll be sure to call you if we head up that way!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by robb' timestamp='1334754330' post='21619140
[quote name='Lainey' timestamp='1334754133' post='21619131']
[quote name='robb' timestamp='1334753814' post='21619115']

[/quote]

We tell that "Do I look like a guy who doesn't eat meat"? story now and again for a few laughs. We'd like to head to VT again. That restaurant you took us to in Killington had the best pulled pork ever. We need more vaca time and a bigger vacation budget! A longer summer season would be good too.

We'll be sure to call you if we head up that way!
[/quote]
Cool it would be great to see you guys again! I was so glad that restaraunt worked out it can be slim pickins' up here to find a good place that everyone will enjoy.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:42 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Fri, tix go on sale for Springsteen at Nationals Park in Sept. They will probably sell out in about 30 secs. Hope I can get two before they do!!!

Granny and I are going Fri evening to see a celebration of Motown produced by Smokey Robinson. Should be great! We'll be dancing and singing in the aisles.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:00 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

We are having the grandchildren over for dinner on Friday, other than that, I have a kid free weekend. I'm enjoying some "me" time. Not sure what is on tap yet. I've whittled my "to do" list down a bit and Rick has done the same with his. If weather permits, maybe I'll spend part of one day wandering around with my camera I can enter an additional five pics into a local photo contest next month. My first five have a respectable amount of Facebook "likes" but I have some pretty stiff competition. Some folks have taken great pics of our area!

We didn't get to the Portuguese restaurant we wanted to try, so maybe we'll do that for dinner on Saturday.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:28 AM

I'm planning once again to go get my Mondial everything appears to be straightened out with the registration. I'm sad though I'm leaving my S up at the shop were my mondial is and they are going to store it for me. My little S has never been away from home before!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

4 of the 5 drive leaders are meeting again this Sunday morning to practice the Spring Fling drive. Ken has made some modifications to the route, so this should be interesting! I think all the SF attendees who go on this drive will thoroughly enjoy it. Looks like there will be 5 drive groups of approximately 9 or 10 cars in each group, an ideal number. Lunch will be in downtown Hagerstown at a very neat restaurant. Really looking forward to seeing everyone at Spring Fling!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
4 of the 5 drive leaders are meeting again this Sunday morning to practice the Spring Fling drive. Ken has made some modifications to the route, so this should be interesting! I think all the SF attendees who go on this drive will thoroughly enjoy it. Looks like there will be 5 drive groups of approximately 9 or 10 cars in each group, an ideal number. Lunch will be in downtown Hagerstown at a very neat restaurant. Really looking forward to seeing everyone at Spring Fling!
hype, hype, hype . . . you politician's are all alike.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
hype, hype, hype . . . you politician's are all alike.
^^^But unlike the D's and R's, we deliver!!!

So, do you still plan to bring your Morris Garage ride to the meet? We'll wait for you to catch up!

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?