S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 04-16-2012, 11:41 AM

Received 3,217 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1334498458' post='21609148
My granddaughter Ally had mentioned she had gone on some walking trails with a school group, and in honor of Earth Day, they picked up trash left in the woods by people I call pigs. I told her if she wanted to pick up trash, that her brother and I saw plenty in the woods last week when we went for a walk. So she invited a friend over, I took them all to lunch, and then we hit the woods. We filled two trash bags and a styrofoam cooler we found in the woods with plastic bottles, coffee cups, and assorted trash left by those who don't care about nature.
I'm glad to hear this Lainey you must be very proud of your grandchildren.
Yes, she was quite proud of her trash pick up day, and so was the little guy.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is more of a "What you did last weekend" but I thought I'd share anyway since the project isn't complete.

After a couple of years wondering what to do with the area where the elm tree used to be I decided to build a raised herb/vegetable bed in the space. I'm not sure what happened with the 2x12 on the front but I suspect the upper end dropped overnight even though it was staked. It's not level but at least it's square.

PS - the gallery sucks harder than ever. I can't even figure out what's wrong with the third link much less how to make them normal size.

I fixed the pics this morning - must be a Firefox thing.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:14 PM

Nice job, Raymo! Time to grow the veggies! Rick has his plants started in the kitchen.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

I agree, Raymo. Nice! Wish I had enough sunshine to grow veggies. My girlfriend from elementary through high school is coming tomorrow with her husband for a few days. It'll be nice to see them again. We'll have fun.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So any suggestions on what to plant in the new garden? We're thinking tomatoes, peppers, squash, and cucumbers for the summer along with some herbs. And some marigolds for color and pest control. I'd also like to start an asparagus bed along the back edge although I've never tried to grow any.

We'll plant turnip and collard greens in the fall. Any other ideas for fall planting?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by raymo19
So any suggestions on what to plant in the new garden? We're thinking tomatoes, peppers, squash, and cucumbers for the summer along with some herbs. And some marigolds for color and pest control. I'd also like to start an asparagus bed along the back edge although I've never tried to grow any.

We'll plant turnip and collard greens in the fall. Any other ideas for fall planting?
Sounds good! We don't do any fall planting. It might interfere with snow shoveling.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:59 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

We're going to wave pool noodles and sing along in a lipdub

fltsfshr
Old 04-18-2012, 04:36 AM

We have no kid duty this weekend. We've still got a few things on that old "to do" list, but it's getting whittled down. The good weather we've had this month has really helped.

My sis from ME is coming to town. She mentioned getting together for lunch on Saturday we'll see if I can squeeze that in.

I'm thinking we may try a different Portuguese restaurant for dinner on Saturday. If it's nice, we can take the S.

Going to play the weekend by ear and see what happens.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:56 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

I'm headed south back to my home state of R.I. Haven't seen the family since Christmas my parents just got back from Fl. so they are hosting the family for a belated Easter and on sat. we will celebrate mine and my Mom's bdays since we weren't together for them in Feb.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by robb
I'm headed south back to my home state of R.I. Haven't seen the family since Christmas my parents just got back from Fl. so they are hosting the family for a belated Easter and on sat. we will celebrate mine and my Mom's bdays since we weren't together for them in Feb.
Have fun, Robb! Belated Happy Birthday.

On one of those trips to RI, you're going to have to detour to MA so we can meet up. Maybe you can get a mushroom burger with no meat?

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?