S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by MsPerky' timestamp='1328188459' post='21376689
What caused your carpal tunnel problems? Some kind of repetitive motion issue?
It's not really a case of what caused the problem, it's more just a design flaw, nothing more, nothing less
The tunnel is too small for all the stuff running through it, and over time the restricted space has caused issues...
I'm glad the surgery is an easy fix for you, Doug. My ex husband had both wrists done too. He also had his hands falling asleep often when racing dirt bikes across the desert and then used his hands all the time with tools.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:36 AM

Received 792 Likes on 534 Posts

Taking our grandson (8)to the Delaware Museum of Natural History to see an African dinosaur display (6 skeltons) and 1 mocked up head of a T-Rex with real T-Rex teeth. Scary looking dude.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1328189475' post='21376722
Bartering is a good thing, Dean.
No bartering involved. I've owed him the dinner for months. I'm using that debt as bait to get him to come fix my car.
Someone sounds like a dead beat here. Does he have to fix your car before dinner?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1328197786' post='21377114
[quote name='MsPerky' timestamp='1328188459' post='21376689']
What caused your carpal tunnel problems? Some kind of repetitive motion issue?
It's not really a case of what caused the problem, it's more just a design flaw, nothing more, nothing less
The tunnel is too small for all the stuff running through it, and over time the restricted space has caused issues...
I'm glad the surgery is an easy fix for you, Doug. My ex husband had both wrists done too. He also had his hands falling asleep often when racing dirt bikes across the desert and then used his hands all the time with tools.
[/quote]

The motorcycle is indeed the perfect storm, it's just all the things that irritate it, all rolled up in one
I continue to be amazed at things like this as out patient surgery
I got really lucky and ended up with an amazing surgeon, I think a part of that is due to the biggest hospital here being a teaching institute, the level of advanced technology and thinking is most impressive
This procedure is all done with nothing more than a local anesthesia, I chatted with the Dr all during the 1st one about the classic GTO he had just sold, and the entire surgery took less than 15-minutes...
Old 02-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
The motorcycle is indeed the perfect storm, it's just all the things that irritate it, all rolled up in one
I continue to be amazed at things like this as out patient surgery
I got really lucky and ended up with an amazing surgeon, I think a part of that is due to the biggest hospital here being a teaching institute, the level of advanced technology and thinking is most impressive
This procedure is all done with nothing more than a local anesthesia, I chatted with the Dr all during the 1st one about the classic GTO he had just sold, and the entire surgery took less than 15-minutes...
^That's great, only a local, even. I know my ex was out for his, but that was a decade ago.

I wonder if there's some sort of tunnel for feet, too. The balls of my feet always go to sleep when I ride my bike, do the elliptical and when I ride my ElliptiGO for over an hour. Drives me crazy. I'm always wiggling my feet to wake them up.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Someone sounds like a dead beat here. Does he have to fix your car before dinner?
Of course he does. Actually, I'll do most of the work before he gets to my place. I need him for his two good legs and his ability to crawl under the car.

It's not my fault he moved out of the area and was unable to collect. It's been a standing offer since last spring, I think. And I believe it was my lovely bride who originally made the offer, not me.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kyras
I wonder if there's some sort of tunnel for feet, too. The balls of my feet always go to sleep when I ride my bike, do the elliptical and when I ride my ElliptiGO for over an hour. Drives me crazy. I'm always wiggling my feet to wake them up.
Honestly, I would mention it to your Dr. and see what he says
The testing I was sent for was a bit crazy, electrical current, but as soon as the tests were done, there was "factual evidence" that there was a problem
Old 02-02-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

My weekend starts in 1/2 hour! It's kind of quiet and I have coverage in the office tomorrow, so I'm taking a day off. Going to get a jump start on my "to do" list!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:49 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Well, since everyone is sitting on the porch here at the home and talking about surgery, etc. I'll toss in the news I got today after falling on the ice about 3 weeks ago while walking the dog. I landed really hard within a few inches of my hip replacement. Since the pain wasn't too bad I figured it was no big deal but after this long it wasn't letting up. I had numerous X-rays of hip and pelvis today, it showed nothing broken and the hip in good shape. I guess the technical term for this pain in ass is bursitis from the ass bone hitting so hard. All I can do is give it time, which may take 4 to 6 months but I sure hope not. Joys of aging but things could be a lot worse, so I'm not going to let it stop anything.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Heading to the Philly Auto Show with some of my friends tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how this show compares to the Detroit show.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?