S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 11-05-2011, 04:52 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

With all the hammering and banging going on, I had a blasting headache yesterday and it has already begun today. I reallllly wish we'd chosen this time to take a little vacation. We'll probably go out for a while today to find some peace and quiet. +1 isn't too keen on going to Georgetown for the "taste of Georgetown". He figures he's had enough tastings down there.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

I came to Solana Beach, CA today for the ElliptiGO rally. There were three groups for rides and I joined the "advanced" group to ride 12 miles including the Torrey Pines grade. I didn't count but I'd guess there were about 16 rides and I wasn't last. I passed two guys and put a good distance on them. Both had done the grade before and it was my first time since I've only had the EG for about 6 weeks.

Tomorrow I'll do an 8 mile long time trial, just for fun, before an easy scenic ride around Mission Bay with the whole group before driving home. It's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon. Nice of it to hold off for this meet.

BTW, the owners and employees of ElliptiGO.com are incredibly involved and supportive of their clients. It's SO refreshing to experience! The ElliptiGO was designed by a runner who could no longer run due to his body not digging it, so he worked to invent something to replace running. He succeeded! People (like me) who've experienced the ElliptiGO love it so much it's kinda like a new religion where you just want to tell people about it so they can try it out for themselves. I wonder how Chris (S1997's +1) is liking hers.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Sorry about your headache, Val. When will the job be done??
Old 11-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Sorry about your headache, Val. When will the job be done??
Probably they'll finish up on Monday. They made a LOT of progress yesterday. So far the roof deck is great and no wood replacement has been necessary. I'll be glad when all the mess is gone and the work is finished.

Great news Patty! I'm so glad you're enjoying your elliptigo!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:40 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Glad the roof will be done soon, Val. Sounds like fun times with your brother, Deb.

And Patty, "you go girl!" You are having many adventures with your new toy. Sounds like fun, and meeting new people is always fun too!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

As much as I'd love it for the dudes to finish the roof, I'm really relieved they won't be here today. work resumes tomorrow as will my headache. I hate to leave the house while they're here working as I like to be sure they're doing things the way we'd like it done. However, the banging and hammering really gets on my nerves. So far things are looking great. We're going to look at artificial Christmas trees today as my old one has pretty much given up the ghost.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the weather is nice, we're off to try out a new sit-on-top kayak on the Crystal River this weekend. On paper the kayak looks like something I could handle even with the bad knee. I hope to see some manatees while we're out there as well.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:36 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
If the weather is nice, we're off to try out a new sit-on-top kayak on the Crystal River this weekend. On paper the kayak looks like something I could handle even with the bad knee. I hope to see some manatees while we're out there as well.
Sounds like fun, Dean!

We're hoping to catch up with my brother in law, possibly this weekend. He's been working in Albany on Catastrophe Duty (ins adjuster) since Sept processing claims due to tropical storm Irene. We've not seen him since he and my sister moved to SC three years ago. She has traveled up here alone a few times, we've not headed their way yet. We miss spending time with him. He is heading back to SC immediately after a quick stop in our area, and he's taking Mom back with him for a visit.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Fri is a holiday. Yay...dinner Sat evening with friends at a Cajun place we've been to once. Should be fun.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

That sounds like fun, Deb. Glad you're getting to meet up with your bro in law, Lainey. We're open to suggestions for plans for the weekend. Nothing special on our agenda yet.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?