S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 10-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by paS2K' timestamp='1319900280' post='21111954
...So our little cottage now sleeps until April or May 2012 Who knows what the mice will do while we're away?
Jerry, do you not go to the cottage in the winter because there's too much snow? Is it just not fun in the winter? Maybe the question should be, why do you go to the cottage?
I'll answer for Jerry, since he may not check the forums for a while. He (they) doesn't go to the cottage in the winter since it's not insulated and it can get pretty cold there, but not necessarily due to snow. It is more a summer place. (They don't get that much snow there) He goes to the cottage in the summer for the same reason you go to Kennedy Meadows---to get away from the urban rat-race.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1319920703' post='21112606
[quote name='paS2K' timestamp='1319900280' post='21111954']
...So our little cottage now sleeps until April or May 2012 Who knows what the mice will do while we're away?
Jerry, do you not go to the cottage in the winter because there's too much snow? Is it just not fun in the winter? Maybe the question should be, why do you go to the cottage?
I'll answer for Jerry, since he may not check the forums for a while. He (they) doesn't go to the cottage in the winter since it's not insulated and it can get pretty cold there, but not necessarily due to snow. It is more a summer place. (They don't get that much snow there) He goes to the cottage in the summer for the same reason you go to Kennedy Meadows---to get away from the urban rat-race.
[/quote]

I was thinking about me going to Kennedy and him going to the cottage and our reasons. I haven't been going in the winter lately because I was a little bit worried that the six 6-volt batteries would give out and the heater would stop working on a cold night. I replaced all the batteries last month so I should be okay. It is cold up there too, and I've been there when it was 4*F. Yeah, if I get sick of the rat-race I'll be considering another trip up, even in the winter as long as the roads are clear and no snow is predicted.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:51 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

My bro will be in town this weekend for a visit.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

I'm going to a nerd meet Saturday. The ElliptiGo headquarters is about an hour away in San Diego (Solana Beach) and this weekend they're having an ElliptiGO Owners Rally with planned rides on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Should be fun. I've only seen one person riding one before and I was on my bike that day.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to Art, Food, and Wine Festival on Saturday. Hopefully the inspection on the electrical and septic will be done this week, Sunday is reserved for yard and some moveing in to the new house. I will be able to take time moving since both houses are on the same 5 acres and about 60-70 feet apart.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I'm going to a nerd meet Saturday. The ElliptiGo headquarters is about an hour away in San Diego (Solana Beach) and this weekend they're having an ElliptiGO Owners Rally with planned rides on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Should be fun. I've only seen one person riding one before and I was on my bike that day.

Sounds like fun!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Saturday, I plan to take the NSX, freshly washed and waxed, to a car show at a local winery: http://dlsm.org/ This show has been postponed twice due to bad weather, but the forecast for Saturday is

Yesterday and today, I got my exercise by splitting and stacking over a cord of wood from the walnut tree we had cut down last week:

Here is my mechanical assistant:

I still have these logs from a maple tree to split and stack:

My 60+++ year-old back could feel every piece I split!!! Boy, did the warm shower and Advil I took feel great!

Maybe I should post the next pic elsewhere, but sometime ago Patty asked about the tree I was worried about falling on the house during the hurricane. Well, here is a picture of it, showing how much it leans towards the house:

Finally, my hickory tree it all its fall glory:

Sorry about high-jacking this thread and for the $hitty pics.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:54 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I will be spending the weekend painting the new shed that will be built tomorrow. I want to get a good coat of paint on it before the real bad weather gets here. If I get it done early I may go get a load of firewood.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Our "fall" project is some renovation to our "shitty" one-car garage....now that it's received a new concrete slab to replace the cracked up 90 year old one that was demolished last Wednesday. I could post some (boring) pic if I ever figured out how to get pics from my gallery onto an actual POST Before the "downgraded" site, it was so simple...

Thanks, but no.....I don't want to move stuff to photobucket, etc.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:47 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Sounds like everyone is busy. We'll be on kid duty Friday night into Saturday. No other real plans now. We need to bring in some of my wind chimes, lawn "stuff" and cover some furniture this weekend. Weather might be decent this weekend, but it can only go downhill.

S needs to be put to bed too.

Patty, the "nerd" meet might be fun. Just curious, have you ever checked out a local photography club?

I was having lunch the other day, and the restaurant had nice pictures of Cape Cod, MA in "bloom". They had been done by a local photography club.

I know we have a local club, which welcomes everyone, beginners and advanced. Checking out something like that is on my "bucket list." Not enough time right now on weekends to get involved.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?