S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're off to the local farmers' market this weekend in search of locally grown produce. Hopefully this one is for real, as the last one we went to wasn't. It was all produce that had been bought from wholesale produce distributors, then presented as being locally grown.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:54 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

We're doing absolutely NOTHING this weekend I am happy to report. I think I'll try out a new recipe and enjoy some beautiful weather. Happy Weekend yall! MsP, enjoy becoming reacquainted with your hunkster!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:10 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Sunday we are headed to the Delaware Wine & Beer Festival with some friends. Our little state has some pretty good local brews and wines! http://www.visitdover.com/winebeerfestival/
Old 10-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Thanks, Val...the process has already started. There is a record fair on Sun here. About 30 dealers will have 45s and 78 records - I guess for sale. Should be interesting. I have a bunch of both, so am going to check with the dealers to see if they are of any value. I've long thought of putting all of them on some kind of CD format, but I think that process is expensive. We had a thread about it awhile ago.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:05 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Thanks, Val...the process has already started. There is a record fair on Sun here. About 30 dealers will have 45s and 78 records - I guess for sale. Should be interesting. I have a bunch of both, so am going to check with the dealers to see if they are of any value. I've long thought of putting all of them on some kind of CD format, but I think that process is expensive. We had a thread about it awhile ago.
I'd be curious to see what records are going for nowadays. I still have a lot of 45's some even going back to the sixties and originals not copies. Groups like The Stones Steppenwolf etc.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:20 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
I'd be curious to see what records are going for nowadays. I still have a lot of 45's some even going back to the sixties and originals not copies. Groups like The Stones Steppenwolf etc.
Those records are pretty common, and you would be lucky to get $.25 each for them. 45's from the 70's are even more worthless. The only real valuable 45's are from the 50's, and even then, the really valuable ones are from relatively unknown Do-Wop groups. I once found a 45 at a flea market that I paid $.50 for, and it turned out to be worth over $100 to a collector. It was "Gloria" by the Cadillacs, and while not an unknown group, was a relatively rare record. Early Elvis records, especially on the Sun label, are very collectable. In fact, any record with an original Sun label is very collectable.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by robb' timestamp='1319378725' post='21093728

Those records are pretty common, and you would be lucky to get $.25 each for them. 45's from the 70's are even more worthless. The only real valuable 45's are from the 50's, and even then, the really valuable ones are from relatively unknown Do-Wop groups. I once found a 45 at a flea market that I paid $.50 for, and it turned out to be worth over $100 to a collector. It was "Gloria" by the Cadillacs, and while not an unknown group, was a relatively rare record. Early Elvis records, especially on the Sun label, are very collectable. In fact, any record with an original Sun label is very collectable.
Well I guess early retirement is out of the question
Old 10-23-2011, 06:45 AM

My plans for this weekend were/are yesterday I was going to undercoat my truck but it rained so I cleaned the house and went grocery shopping and caught up on some reading. I used to read quite a bit but got out of the habit and am trying to get myself back into it again. I'm at work now just to use my computer I'm waiting to get an e-mail of some pictures of a car I may be interested in. I noticed last weekend that my S was handling funny it was darting a lot so I checked the front tires and the chicken strip is well worn on both sides so I'm not using it much until I get new fronts but I took it to work today since it's not a long distance and wanted to get it out at least one day this weekend.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Member (Premium)

Yeah, I'm guessing you are right about the value. I don't really want to give any of them up, because I have a record player I bought about three years ago that will play 45s, 78s and 33s.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:50 AM
Member (Premium)

This weekend we are probably riding down to Mount Vernon on Sat, or walking the C&O Canal to see the leaves. We missed going out to the country and they peaked out there last weekend. The GW Parkway down to Mount Vernon is a lovely drive. I do it sometimes just for fun. Some nice overlooks along the Potomac River.

Sun we are working at the Marine Corps Marathon, at the Rosslyn Renaissance/BID booth. Our civic duty. We've done it for about four years now. Zillions of peeps there!

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?