S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

We'll be entertaining a houseguest who is supposed to be arriving Thurs night or early Fri morning. He's Jim's childhood (and on) friend who often drops by on his way to/from Florida on his way to visit his kids in Ohio. He's never been to our home in SC and will be staying for an as yet undetermined amount of time. Jim says he'll be staying 3 days . . . but when I spoke with him on the phone yesterday, he was undecided. We'll see. I'm looking forward to seeing him again.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:34 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

I'm heading up to northern vt to look at and drive that Mondial again. Through some detective work I found the owner on the internet and have found out a lot of good things about the car but the price is still a bit above market. I'm also hoping to get the oil changed in my truck on the way up and we may start working in the forest on cleaning up the trail system I haven't seen it yet but have heard the woods are just a total mess from Irene.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spending the weekend at a nice B&B on the waterfront in St. Augustine, FL. My lovely bride is keeping the rest of the itinerary a secret, I think.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:23 PM

Received 246 Likes on 185 Posts

Sounds great, Dean.

Mary and I are off to Deals Gap for Dragon Ball Run XI. Should be a great weekend in the mountains with friends, S2000s and juvenile behavior. Can't wait. Leave in the morning.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

I have nothing fun planned so I might as well head up to my place in Kennedy Meadows on Saturday, with my new Porter-Cable orbital buffer and get going on my 5th wheel. It's not been maintained and it's going to be a ton of work because the ends of the 5th wheel have oxidized in the sunlight. My plan is for me to use the Porter-Cable with four new Gel-Coat Lab products I bought, to see what it needs. Then I'm going to tell John, a general contractor/handyman/neighbor up there, what I want him to do, to finish it. He needs work and I need it done.

^July 12, 2011.

^Aug 4, 2010. Inside with two slides out in the back.

^Dec 2, 2009.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

^^ Looks very peaceful, Patty. Hope you're able to get it done and enjoy some peace and beauty as well.

We'll be entertaining +1's friend from childhood who is supposed to arrive sometime this evening. I'm sure we'll have a good time with him.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Have fun, Patty. Don't overdo things! Let the neighbor guy do it if he's willing!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by valentine
^^ Looks very peaceful, Patty. Hope you're able to get it done and enjoy some peace and beauty as well.
We'll be entertaining +1's friend from childhood who is supposed to arrive sometime this evening. I'm sure we'll have a good time with him.
Originally Posted by Lainey
Have fun, Patty. Don't overdo things! Let the neighbor guy do it if he's willing!
Valentine and Lainey, I'm a little afraid to work on it. I tried cleaning it once before and was in excruciating pain that night, up at Kennedy. I found my post (below) from over 3 years ago, after the last time I tried it. That was before I found out I had rheumatoid arthritis and started taking Enbrel, though, so I'm keeping my that I can get somewhere this time. I've got the best product (cutting compound) available for the job, now, and the right cutting pads for the orbital. I know it's going to be hard work so I just hope that what I've got takes off the oxidation and shines it up, so I can tell John what I want him to do. So far this year, he's already re-stained the ramada for me, built some stairs and refinished and sealed the redwood deck. He did a great job on the stain but I haven't been up yet to see the stairs and deck. I trust him with building and painting, since he's built his own beautiful log cabin up there, but when it comes to cleaning and buffing, I think I might have a different result in mind than what he does.

Originally Posted by Kyras
Thanks. I went to Kennedy Meadows on Tuesday night, and stayed until today. I went to wash the trailer and use polishing compound on it, and then to wax or seal it. I hurt so badly by Wednesday night. I got the trailer washed but I guess three hours of motion, scrubing the vertical sides was too much for this 50 year-old set of shoulders. I couldn't even lift my right arm last night. I was in agony. It was so bad I had the chills. I was freezing and my whole body and teeth were chattering. I know that is just another thing that comes with age, and not related but FFFFFFKKKKKK! I hate this getting old stuff.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:54 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Patty, I think you might be sorry if you attempt this job. It ain't worth it. Either explain to the neighbor what you want done, or find someone who details trailers.

Spend your time up there relaxing, taking pictures, or doing whatever you like to do. Your plan sounds like WAY too much work!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey
Patty, I think you might be sorry if you attempt this job. It ain't worth it. Either explain to the neighbor what you want done, or find someone who details trailers.

Spend your time up there relaxing, taking pictures, or doing whatever you like to do. Your plan sounds like WAY too much work!
I'm not going to attempt it. I just want to decide which of the four products I want John to use, and with which foam pads before I tell him what I want. I've already talked to him about doing the job and he's okay with it. I wish I could find an RV detailer to do the job but it's remote up there and it's going to take a couple days. John has his own portable generator to use for power and can just go back to his place to sleep until the next day. Thank you for worrying about me, Lainey.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?