S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,414 Posts

18 of 23 coolant hoses done in the NSX. Had to really take my time. I could only work for 15-30 minutes at a stretch before going in the house and cooling off and hydrating. The last 5 hoses are all under the car so next weekend the X will be on the ramps and jack stands.

This is a real pain in the patooti job. So many hoses, some with clamps that are tricky to get at. But I have managed to avoid replacing any of the oem spring type hose clamps with worm gear clamps--a shortcut some owners have taken on hard-to-reach clamps. Then there's the oil cooler at the base of the filter. That has to come off in order to install one of its coolant hoses. I hate to waste all that Mobil 1 that I just put in a few months and a thousand miles or so ago but what must be must be.

There are a couple of good things about the job. With hoses all over the front of the car and the engine bay, I have had the opportunity to really look things over. For example, I had to pull the throttle body assembly to get at some hoses. The TB was pretty nasty. Some carb cleaner made short work of that issue.

The other good thing about the coolant hose job is: it's easier than moving. Good luck on your move, Dave.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with the moving David
Old 08-15-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Thanks everyone. About six months ago I told the kids to take what they want (I got final say). I have been throwing out junk for weeks and this past Saturday we had a Rubbish Sale and got rid of a ton of stuff. We have packed almost everything we can and have moved most of the boxes. Trust me there is very little, including food, in this house.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another group drive this Saturday! Aashish posted finalized plans today
Old 08-19-2011, 03:14 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

I am planning on going to see THIS weather permitting.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Sandy is a big Country music fan. (An avid fan of the Country genre, not a big person who is a fan of Country. OK, she is a big person as in "it takes a big person to..." but not as in...oh...never mind. I'm already in trouble if she sees this post. )

I am not crazy about Country but I'm not a hater either. And I find that I enjoy almost any type of music when performed live and well.

I am a fan of Michael McCloud, who has made a living as a singer/song writer playing at bars in Key West for years. He has come up with a new play to "strike it rich". He took notice of the popularity of Country music as well as Rap. So he has come up with a Hybrid version he refers to as "CRAP".
Old 08-22-2011, 03:39 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Went out for a ride in the S Sat. ended up going 200 miles almost non-stop. Still loving this little car I drove most of the way with the radio off just enjoying the mechanical sounds total zen!
Sun. I took my S to the grocery store and parked at the end of the lot like I always due (cuts your chance of door dings down by 50%) and I bumped into the car that was parked facing me. It was an old buick and had those big black bumper overriders that stick out like 5 feet I thought for sure I damaged my baby but luckily there were no marks.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

^ This weekend will certainly be more quiet than the last. Whew...The +1 returns with his son from NJ on Sat, after a stop in Camden to attend a metal concert and baseball game. His son flies back to FL on Sun. Sun evening my ex (yes, we are still friends) is having a get together at his place with a few of his relatives. So we will be going there. He came to the reception for my dad and wants to see my brother's wife whom he really likes (no, not that much - ). She is still here from AZ, driving around seeing friends and relatives.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:13 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

This weekend we are kid free. Unfortunately, we have a garden shed that needs the trim painted and a few other projects to do. That will eat up Saturday. I'm starting to think condo.

Saturday evening dinner with friends, Sunday is still up in the air.

We may see remnants of Irene and that could change things around.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:15 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Went out for a ride in the S Sat. ended up going 200 miles almost non-stop. Still loving this little car I drove most of the way with the radio off just enjoying the mechanical sounds total zen!
Sun. I took my S to the grocery store and parked at the end of the lot like I always due (cuts your chance of door dings down by 50%) and I bumped into the car that was parked facing me. It was an old buick and had those big black bumper overriders that stick out like 5 feet I thought for sure I damaged my baby but luckily there were no marks.
Glad you didn't damage the S, robb.

We were out with two other S2000's on Saturday evening and totally enjoyed it. Rick found a nice twisty road recently that he knew other S2000 folks would enjoy.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?