S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 08-06-2011, 04:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
As I think that I have posted before. HGTV is one of the worse things that has ever happened to men. I recall one thirty minute show about building a Gazebo. About eighteen minutes after all of the commercials. I recall the key words: After you select your spot and get it "straight and level", then start the installation. They failed to mention that it took three men and a Bob Cat three days to get the spot "straigth and level". So therefore, most wife's think that assembling a Gazebo is about an hour project. After all, they did it on TV in a thirty minute show.
I HGTV / DIY network - I do all my own DIY stuff since my "wife" isn't very handy Afraid to break a nail I think

They do overly simply stuff though and nothing is ever as easy as it looks on TV
Old 08-06-2011, 06:17 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Thanks, Levi and Jim. REALLY dragging tail today. Playing catch up around the house, but a nap might be in order.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:40 PM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

I don't like working on the weekend. Just felt like stating that oh and welcome back Rick & Lainey I'm glad you guys had a safe trip.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:03 PM

Robb. Yeah working on weekends must sux. Rick had to work every other Saturday for a while. Neither of us liked it. So far he's not working Saturdays where he works now.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

I''ve come to discover that those home DIY projects are extremely effective at sucking up time better used for golf
Old 08-08-2011, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Group drive in CT this coming Saturday. Try and catchup on work Sunday
Old 08-08-2011, 07:06 AM

Still recovering from the road trip. I don't travel as well as I used to. This weekend is a Vintage weekend. We are having my Mom, our friend's Mom and a few other folks over for a dinner/cookout on Saturday evening. I have the grandchildren during the day. Sunday might be another catch up day around the house. We still have a "to do" list of things that need doing.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:07 PM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Speaking of not recovering as quickly...

Accomplished last weekend:

Number of radiators removed - 1
Number of spare tires removed - 1
Number of spare tire brackets removed - 1
Number of batteries removed - 1
Number of intake air boxes removed - 1
Number of high pressure coolant expansion tanks removed - 1
Number of coolant hoses removed - 7
Number of coolant hoses replaced - 2
Number of legs so sore after Saturday that I couldn't do any further work on Sunday - 2

So, I'll putter along evenings this week. Hopefully by next weekend I will be able to work under the car (oil cooler coolant hoses...all 10 of them...and a couple of hoses under the passanger compartment.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:12 PM

Tof, I need a nap just reading what you did with your weekend.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:36 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Sandy is a big Country music fan. (An avid fan of the Country genre, not a big person who is a fan of Country. OK, she is a big person as in "it takes a big person to..." but not as in...oh...never mind. I'm already in trouble if she sees this post. )

I am not crazy about Country but I'm not a hater either. And I find that I enjoy almost any type of music when performed live and well. Plus Sandy's birthday is a few days away. So Friday night I have tickets to Big & Rich, Gretchen Wilson, and Cowboy Troy. If you are not a Country music fan you may not be familiar with those names but these guys are a big deal. The three acts form the core of the "MuzikMafia" ("Muzik without prejudice"). The original MuzikMafia was born from an open mic night in Nashville. While they aren't official members, people who have performed at the MuzikMafia jams include Kid Rock, 3 Doors Down (who come from this area, btw), Velvet Revolver, Bon Jovi, Stephen Cochran, Jewel, Bobby Brown, Sisqo, and Saliva. I have seen Gretcen Wilson before. It was a fun show that included covers of The Who and Pink Floyd along with Gretchen's "hot country hits" lots of other interesting stuff.

Expect a concert review in this space next weekend.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?