S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy
Heading to Chicago for the annual Christmas Decor conference. Can't think of a better place to be when it's 95 degrees out.

Ah, well, maybe ... Maui?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:05 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Thanks. Leading the class after day one...but by less than a quarter second!
Congratulations!!!

I think that is one of the reasons that I have long been attracted to racing, the clock doesn't lie and one does not have to worry about the "Russian Judge" or a judge that does not like the color of one's driving suit (helmet, leathers, downhill aerosuit, etc).
Old 08-03-2011, 07:03 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1312081919' post='20831948
Thanks. Leading the class after day one...but by less than a quarter second!
Congratulations!!!

I think that is one of the reasons that I have long been attracted to racing, the clock doesn't lie and one does not have to worry about the "Russian Judge" or a judge that does not like the color of one's driving suit (helmet, leathers, downhill aerosuit, etc).
And...as illustrated this past weekend, it is a sport where a 50 year old can be competitive with a 17 year old! (The 17 year old has experiance too. He has been autocrossing for 9 years already!)
Old 08-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

about the end of the vacation this weekend, and about going to work on Monday.

I'll get over it.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:35 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Congratulations, Dodger!

Discovered a small coolant leak in one of the main hoses in the NSX last week. Checked the maintenance records to see when they were last changed. Turns out...never. Not in 21 years. So I ordered a new set that arrived a couple days ago. This weekend I will replacing the old coolant hoses. All 22 of them!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:50 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Congratulations, Dodger!

Discovered a small coolant leak in one of the main hoses in the NSX last week. Checked the maintenance records to see when they were last changed. Turns out...never. Not in 21 years. So I ordered a new set that arrived a couple days ago. This weekend I will replacing the old coolant hoses. All 22 of them!
Is the radiator in the front of the car? I'm wondering if it's like on a 308 were the hoses run the length of the car from the radiator to the motor.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:02 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Originally Posted by tof' timestamp='1312464916' post='20846327
Congratulations, Dodger!

Is the radiator in the front of the car? I'm wondering if it's like on a 308 were the hoses run the length of the car from the radiator to the motor.
^^Yep.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:07 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Have fun with the hoses TOF. What kind of hoops do yo have to jump through to make sure all the air is out?

Hopefully it's going to rain here all weekend thanks to that tropical storm in the islands. I'm using the opportunity to put the finishing touches on our guest house remodel.

When we in Key West last weekend we found a deal and picked up a green laser light show. For fun I put in our guest house. It can do a lot of stuff. Right now it's simulating rippling water from underneath across the ceiling. It has a starry night pattern as well complete with comets. I haven't tried the audio in yet, I'm just using the presets.

Pretty cool toy.

fltsfshr
Old 08-04-2011, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting together on Saturday with some friends for lunch. One or both of them may even drive their S

I am loving my new 3 car wide parking -- I can get mine out any time I want w/o moving 2 other vehicles
Old 08-04-2011, 10:59 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,414 Posts

The main nsx coolant hoses are relatively short, one pair into and out of the front mounted radiator and another pair back in the engine bay with hard lines in between. Of course the heater hoses are pretty standard in location and are actually easier to get at than in many front engine cars. Most of the other 18 hoses are short and formed, like the hoses for delivering coolant through the throttle body. The ones that go through the oil cooler (an air/water contraption at the base of the filter) are said to be a real challange and are most easily replaced by removing and reinstalling the cooler.

Bleeding the system is either a breeze or a bitch depending on who you ask and whether or not they have a power (vacuum) cooling system bleeder.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?