S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 07-18-2011, 02:44 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

This weekend is our visit to Boston. Plans to have dinner with LB and his lovely +1 Thurs evening. Fri is the change of command for the USS Constitution and a party afterwards. Sat is a couple of walking tours, a visit to Mike's Pastry in the North End, and lunch and/or dinner in that area. Lots of water taxi rides, which should be fun.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:46 AM

Received 3,217 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Yesterday we headed to a car show in RI, which was rather a bust. Had a picnic lunch then decided to head home. We've had such nice weather, I've neglected the "stuff" that needed doing in the house. The car show was near the water so there was a nice breeze, however, if you weren't near the water or in AC it was miserable out there. Too late for the beach so, back to the AC in the house, where I proceeded to get "stuff" done. Not fun, but I feel better now that it's done, and dust bunnies won't attack me while I sleep.

We have a relatively quiet weekend this weekend. We may take the grandkids to a nice beach on Saturday.

Next weekend 7/29, we leave for PEI vacation.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Always one step ahead of me, eh Lainey? I'm flying to New England 7/29. Coincidence? I suspect not.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:29 AM

^^ too funny as always

Moving Sunday - yeah!! Only five more days of horrible neighbors

I think the S will be moving tonight. One less thing we need to worry about moving over the weekend.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by dean
^ Always one step ahead of me, eh Lainey? I'm flying to New England 7/29. Coincidence? I suspect not.
Guess we can't get together for a lobstah roll then.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Not unless you're stopping somewhere along Rte. 1 in midcoast Maine. I'm flying into Providence then driving the rest of the way, so you'll probably be several hours ahead of me.

Edit: Speaking of lobster rolls, I forgot to mention that the Maine Lobster Festival starts Wed. 8/3 in Rockland, ME. Lobster Festival
Old 07-18-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1310998471' post='20790011
Not unless you're stopping somewhere along Rte. 1 in midcoast Maine. I'm flying into Providence then driving the rest of the way, so you'll probably be several hours ahead of me.
We're not heading out until after work on 6/29. Staying in Augusta (I think) on Friday night. Not sure we're on the same route, but be sure to wave if you see a Suzuka with .
Old 07-18-2011, 07:31 AM

We're not heading out until after work on 6/29. Staying in Augusta (I think) on Friday night. Not sure we're on the same route, but be sure to wave if you see a Suzuka with .
Bummer. We're not taking the same route. You'll be headed inland and I'm driving up the coast. I'll probably already be at my final destination (Spruce Head, ME) when you get to Augusta.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1311000700' post='20790117
Bummer. We're not taking the same route. You'll be headed inland and I'm driving up the coast. I'll probably already be at my final destination (Spruce Head, ME) when you get to Augusta.
Yeah, I just googled as I thought you were in the Camden area. We're heading back the following Friday. PM me your cell phone number. I doubt we'll be in your neck of the woods on our way home, but if we are, I'll call ya.

Oh that lobster Festival? No way in heck would you catch us there. Too many people. You really go to that? Do you use your cane as a weapon in crowds?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:23 AM

Yeah, I just googled as I thought you were in the Camden area. We're heading back the following Friday. PM me your cell phone number. I doubt we'll be in your neck of the woods on our way home, but if we are, I'll call ya.

Oh that lobster Festival? No way in heck would you catch us there. Too many people. You really go to that? Do you use your cane as a weapon in crowds?
If the Lobster Festival happens to coincide with my stay in ME, like it has this year, I go on the first night and stay an hour or maybe two. There's no admission on the first day. I don't buy anything, I just go to look for familiar faces. It's not all that crowded there, although finding parking and a hotel room can be real chores during the festival.

Cell number on its way.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?