S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 07-15-2011, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been spending all my "free time" packing and now that we have keys to the new house I've been working on moving things over a little at a time - definitely the way to go as David said.

Unfortunately it's costing me rent in two places for a two week overlap. For anyone who knows how cheap I am that tells you how much I hate where I live now!

After 7 or 8 hours of cleaning at the new place I am now comfortable putting things away. Just call me Adrian Monk

Unpacked the first 3 boxes last night. Hope to have all the little things (which fit in a Fit) moved over before D Day -- July 24 when we get a truck.

Taking Saturday off for only my 2nd group drive of the year. Looks like we are going to have great weather and Headchef promises us a fun route -- if any of us can keep up with him
Old 07-15-2011, 04:58 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Taking life easy today and getting ready for a really hard day tomorrow. It's a tough job but someones got to do it

fltsfshr
Old 07-15-2011, 05:29 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

[/quote]
Wow congrats Robb Glad to hear you are keeping the S, that was my first thought The S can be your "keeping a low profile" car
[/quote]

Thanks! When I first got my S and people saw me driving it around town I got a lot of comments like what are you a closet millionare or people just didn't believe it was my car! It will be worse with a ferrari even though I'll be spending half of what most people around here spend on their trucks. It's the parts and maint. that is really expensive on a car like this but hey you only live once.
Good luck with your move it's stressfull and a PITA when your doing it but once your settled in it will be worth it.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Congrats Robb.
I understand and can certainly relate to snide side comments. we hear it all the time about our MBs.
I don't give a rats patooty but it annoys the crap out of my wife. To the extent that she doesn't want to buy another which really aggravates me.
A lot of people view their vehicles as appliances.
I think they get annoyed when some one causes them to get out of the mental box and think about what they bought.
The fact that someone could have a value system which isn't the same as theirs really bothers them.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:04 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I leave tomorrow for three full day in the hot, HOT Arizona desert. Fly back late Wednesday and besides going to work, I have to pack to leave on a two week vacation Friday. Only six more years to retirement
Old 07-16-2011, 01:31 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Today was a Grandma and Ally day. Ryan was off with his aunt and cousins.

I took her to get a haircut, and this afternoon we hit the beach for a while.

Enjoyable day for both of us.

Off to a British Brew Pub for dinner tonight, in the S.

Gorgeous weather!!!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:46 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

just got back from the Miami Beach Swimshow. Thong bikinis and high heels everywhere.

Entertaining day.

fltsfshr
Old 07-16-2011, 08:40 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
I had a fantastic weekend I've been on cloud nine since yesterday. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to own a Ferrari and I've only driven one in my lifetime so I had made an appointment with a dealer here in vt for monday and he had three cars for me to drive. 2 were 308's and one a mondial coupe I wasn't really interested in the mondial but actually fell in love with it. The 308 was the car I always thought I wanted but I felt more comfortable in the mondial and really fell in love with the car. And yes if I do pull the trigger on it I am keeping my beloved S!
What year is the Mondial? Just wondering.

There are some Ferrari's I drool over and others that don't do anything for me but I do love their engines. For example, the Daytona. The styling does nothing at all for me; I don't care if it was the fastest car in America when it came out. Buddy has one; and, I'd take my MG over it and I don't say that as a put down. The styling just is too plain jane for me.

There's no question that the F car draws a crowd, no matter what model. They don't have a horse in the logo for the heck of it........... just like a horse (believe me I know), it's not the initial price (although that can be damn high), it's the upkeep that kills you.

So did you buy it? Post a picture.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Another weekend, another car show! Yesterday, I entered the NSX in a show that was held at the AMC Museum at nearby Dover Air Force Base. Website If you are interested in seeing the pics of lots of classic cars parked under the wings of some classic airplanes, then you can view the slideshow here. There were about 400 cars entered, and 2 NSX's showed up! One further note: in a couple of the pictures you will see some Falcon 20 bizjets that were parked on the ramp nearby with the marking "Kalita Charters" on them. As you may (or may not) know, Dover AFB has the largest military mortuary in the US, and all of our fallen warriors from the mid-east are brought here for preparation before they are sent on to their home towns for burial. Kalita has been contracted by the US Government to transport them after they are prepared for burial. Due to security reasons, these airplanes do not exist on any of the flight tracking web-sites, so that the families can meet them in peace, without fear of any demonstrations.

By the way, this museum is a hidden treasure if you are a lover of airplanes!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:04 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Another weekend, another car show! Yesterday, I entered the NSX in a show that was held at the AMC Museum at nearby Dover Air Force Base. Website If you are interested in seeing the pics of lots of classic cars parked under the wings of some classic airplanes, then you can view the slideshow here. There were about 400 cars entered, and 2 NSX's showed up! One further note: in a couple of the pictures you will see some Falcon 20 bizjets that were parked on the ramp nearby with the marking "Kalita Charters" on them. As you may (or may not) know, Dover AFB has the largest military mortuary in the US, and all of our fallen warriors from the mid-east are brought here for preparation before they are sent on to their home towns for burial. Kalita has been contracted by the US Government to transport them after they are prepared for burial. Due to security reasons, these airplanes do not exist on any of the flight tracking web-sites, so that the families can meet them in peace, without fear of any demonstrations.

By the way, this museum is a hidden treasure if you are a lover of airplanes!
Maybe it's just me but that seems like a weird setting. For some reason it just does not work for me.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?