S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 07-10-2011, 03:31 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

The lay date" with my friend and her grandkids and my grandkids went well. Wading pool and Slip and Slide. The kids were happy. Rick took care of yard set up and made our lunch. The kids get along very well so it was fun for all.

Dinner last night with friends, today a trip to RI to a state park. We brought lunch and sat and enjoyed the view for a while and walked for about 45 minutes too.

Not my pic!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Another fairly quiet weekend coming up - the last one for about the next six weeks. We do plan to have one of the +1's Navy buddies (the crazy running fool "boss") and his wife and kids over to go to dinner at our fave local Middle-Eastern restaurant, then play cards.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:58 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Miami Swim Show next weekend. All those bikini models in one place. One year I got to save a model there when her thong got stuck. Good thing I was there to help her or she could have gotten scratched by her clasp. Best of all, this year they've added lingerie. Swim Show

Every job has it's bennies....

fltsfshr
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patty, beautiful view. Love the way you can see Catalina Island.

Originally Posted by Kyras
Doug, no fireflies in California. The only time I've seen them is when Jerry and I visited his hometown, Kearny, Nebraska in June 2009. I thought they were wonderful! The good thing is I don't have mosquitoes either. I don't have a screen on my master-bedroom french doors but found out I don't need one. I leave it open when the weather is nice.

I like your forest view. Right now it must be very green with those bare trees full of leaves.

^Having the french doors replaced after I discovered rotten wood on the original door and door frame.

^My view at certain sunsets. That's the Pacific Ocean at the horizon with Catalina Island.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:50 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
The lay date" with my friend and her grandkids and my grandkids went well. Wading pool and Slip and Slide. The kids were happy. Rick took care of yard set up and made our lunch. The kids get along very well so it was fun for all.

Dinner last night with friends, today a trip to RI to a state park. We brought lunch and sat and enjoyed the view for a while and walked for about 45 minutes too.

Not my pic!
Is that Colt State park Lainey? I love Bristol I worked there the last two years I lived in R.I.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:56 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

I had a fantastic weekend I've been on cloud nine since yesterday. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to own a Ferrari and I've only driven one in my lifetime so I had made an appointment with a dealer here in vt for monday and he had three cars for me to drive. 2 were 308's and one a mondial coupe I wasn't really interested in the mondial but actually fell in love with it. The 308 was the car I always thought I wanted but I felt more comfortable in the mondial and really fell in love with the car. And yes if I do pull the trigger on it I am keeping my beloved S!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:10 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Wow, Robb! Very cool! Keep us posted!

Note to self: Make trip to VT and drive Robb's Ferrari.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:14 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
I had a fantastic weekend I've been on cloud nine since yesterday. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to own a Ferrari and I've only driven one in my lifetime so I had made an appointment with a dealer here in vt for monday and he had three cars for me to drive. 2 were 308's and one a mondial coupe I wasn't really interested in the mondial but actually fell in love with it. The 308 was the car I always thought I wanted but I felt more comfortable in the mondial and really fell in love with the car. And yes if I do pull the trigger on it I am keeping my beloved S!
Robb, you may already know this, but there is lots of information on the Ferrari forum, Ferrari Chat. Even though I don't own a Ferrari, I have been able to attend some neat meets through lurking in this forum.

Hope you are able to fulfill your dream!

Edit: I just checked and it seems you have been on there a while (over 1,500 posts!!!), SO NEVER MIND!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:46 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

We are going to spend part of the weekend moving some stuff out of my house. It would appear that it is sold and I will have to be out by 1 September. Figured it will be easier to do it a little at a time.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:52 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

^ Where are you headed?

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?