S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:44 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
The +1 and I sat on our hotel room deck in Maui and watched the fireworks. But that was 30 years ago, and during the show I proposed.
Last night we heard the booms of the nearby fireworks, but neither of us got off the couch to walk to the patio to see them.
How things change.

hahaha
what counts is you're both still on the same couch.....

fltsfshr
Old 07-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Old 07-05-2011, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The +1 and I sat on our hotel room deck in Maui and watched the fireworks. But that was 30 years ago, and during the show I proposed.
Last night we heard the booms of the nearby fireworks, but neither of us got off the couch to walk to the patio to see them.
How things change.
I went outside, sat down on the back porch, listened to the explosions, and watched the fireflies in the woods that back up to my backyard
Fully enjoyable, no traffic, no hoards of screaming children, no delays, no fees, just simple and relaxing, and the best beers come from my fridge
Old 07-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Fireflies are so cool! I want to see them again.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How things change.

I miss Maui!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:49 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,414 Posts

This weekend Sandy and I will be running with the bulls during the San Fermin festival.

Not in Pamplona, Spain but in New Orleans.

Check it out: Running of the Bulls, NOLA Style

We will try to get some pics to post if we don't get gored first.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:16 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Sounds like fun, Mike! Wear your good sneakers so you can outrun them!

This weekend we have a sleep over for the grand kids on Friday night. On Saturday, my friend and her grand kids are coming by. We are going to set up a "Slip and Slide" (anyone remember those?) along with a wading pool. A cookout of hot dogs and sweet corn for lunch, some fruit and ice cream along the way and we should have happy kids.

Dinner with grown ups on Saturday night, Sunday is a "free" day as of now.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday we spent the day with my mom. We visited the Teddy Bear factory in Burlington, VT. Tour was interesting, the tour guide was a crazy woman - very funny though - perfect for her job

We also visited Lake Champlain Chocolates - very good but very over priced. We got couple small items for us and a few gifts... the guy who is taking care of our kitties is getting some nice stuff

Had lunch at my mom's (and my) favorite place in town - Shalimar of India - we used to eat there 2-3 days per week back in the day.

Going to Ben and Jerry's today. A few small wineries maybe than dinner with my mom.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kyras
Fireflies are so cool! I want to see them again.
What?
No fireflies in so cal?
To me that are one of the highlights, sorry, no pun intended of the summer
Most evenings I'm out on the back porch, cooling off, having a beer, taking it all in

This is an old pic, back from the breezeway/porch construction project
But, this is my view, where I'm standing to take the pic is where my deck chairs sit

It's not paradise, but for me it's perfect as I don't have to look at other houses, although I have them only 40 feet away on both sides of me
And the funny thing is, the corner of my lot is the tall skinny pine tree in the middle of the photo, so most of the beautiful view is my neighbor's back yard, the one I don't have to maintain
My property stops at the tree line right behind my house, his lot is twice as deep as mine

The fireflies apparently really love the woods as there are hundreds upon hundreds of them, really quite the show
Old 07-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Doug, no fireflies in California. The only time I've seen them is when Jerry and I visited his hometown, Kearny, Nebraska in June 2009. I thought they were wonderful! The good thing is I don't have mosquitoes either. I don't have a screen on my master-bedroom french doors but found out I don't need one. I leave it open when the weather is nice.

I like your forest view. Right now it must be very green with those bare trees full of leaves.

^Having the french doors replaced after I discovered rotten wood on the original door and door frame.

^My view at certain sunsets. That's the Pacific Ocean at the horizon with Catalina Island.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?