S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 07-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Had our longtime friend and his girl over for dinner tonight. Baked scallops, steak, potatoes, a salad and Boston Cream pie. I'm stuffed!! This is only day one of the three day weekend. If I keep eating like this, I'll need new jeans by Monday.

We have the next two days to ourselves. Still deciding what to do. I think we're taking off in the S for a while tomorrow. Will see which way the spirits move us as the weekend goes on.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Work Saturday, work Sunday, massive house cleaning on Monday. The landlord will be here doing work on the apartment while we are gone.

I know he will snoop and I want the place spotless. If I don't get my deposit back things will get REALLY ugly.

Leave for 3 day trip to Vermont on Tuesday. Visiting with my mom for two of those days and doing a bunch of tourist stuff that I never got to do while I lived there
A few days before my wife and I moved out of our first apartment, red marker appeared all on our carpets.
The apartments were going condo and we suspect a apartment with a new carpet would sell better than one with an old carpet.
During the day while we worked the management company had come in and marked up the carpets with red magic marker.
Of course we had no proof of it but since I had worked in a housekeeping dept during school, I knew how to get it out.
I made a point of getting the apartment inspected and receiving a receipt of good condition from the F'ing weasels when we handed in the keys.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:36 AM

Happy 4th everyone!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Happy Fourth of July! From my house I'll be watching fireworks in Ignacio, Bayfield, Southern Ute Reservation and other samll venues.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

^Sounds like a less crowded place, Jim. I wish I could see them without dealing with crowds.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

No traffic jams here. Very quiet. I just got home from grocery shopping in Durango. Only saw a couple of motorcycles and some airport rental cars on the road. I'm having some friends over later for eating watermelon and watching fireworks. (not the other way round!)
Old 07-04-2011, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phew, work and house cleaning over for the most part! Working on laundry. There is always laundry.

I was going to reward our cleaning efforts with lunch out somewhere, but Tom would rather sit on the couch and play with his iPhone

WTH is wrong with people?

I'm going to get that saying tattooed somewhere
Old 07-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Member (Premium)

^Ellen, I understand. My son was here and had three computers going; my laptop, to watch TV on via Windows 7 linked to his home PC, and then his work laptop and his other personal laptop. I felt so sad to have him here and not be connecting with him at all. I told him that I felt like I was wasting my little time with him. He said he'd go for a hike. That was a big surprise to me. We ended up going to the beach and walking down one of the less crowded ones. He even said, "Cool!" when he found a crab in a tide pool. This is a side of him I haven't seen in ages. Jerry, Kyle and I then went to dinner and he was happy and smiling. So nice to get him out of the TV/computer mode.

I'm sad to not be with my own kids but I'm welcome to join in Jerry's son's gathering tonight. We'll be in a huge crowd watching fireworks in Rancho Santa Margarita.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:58 PM

Glad you ended up having a good day, Patty. Visitors who visit and not connect would annoy me too. People need to dis-connect from the on line stuff now and again.

My last surviving aunt (age 82 ish) just had some surgery. She lives quite close to me. This morning, I stopped by for a visit and to bring her some prepared food. She's doing OK, but is not herself. She's the one who lost her spouse (my Dad's brother) this year, and she's had a rough year. I feel for her.

This afternoon we headed to Plymouth, MA. Took the S. Nice day for top down drive. Had lunch at a little place we've been to before, walked around, took some I'll post over in Odds n Ends.

We haven't bothered with fireworks in a long time. Guess we're getting old. I could likely get a decent view from the pier at my office, and not deal with traffic, but we'll likely stay home.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Member (Premium)

I love to watch the fireworks but hate to battle the crowds. Last year Jerry and I went to Lake Tahoe and had a hotel room across the street from the lake. All we had to do was walk across the street and down the beach a little to place our chairs out ahead of time. Afterwards, we walked back to the hotel and sat on our upper floor deck watching the crowds leave.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?