S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 06-04-2011, 05:27 PM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Busy weekend. Had a ton of errands to do today. Kind of wasted a beautiful day, but it was better doing the errands in the nice weather than in the rain. Planted a couple plants this afternoon, went to the granddaughter's birthday party late this afternoon.

We did manage a late day ride in the S. Headed to a new BBQ restaurant to try out the pulled pork sandwiches. It was OK...nothing has ever equaled the ones we had in VT a few years ago.

Tomorrow a bit more "stuff" to get done, then hopefully a walk and/or drive in the S.

Weather is perfect convertible weather. Sunny, and not hot or humid.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:36 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Sunday morning and it looks like jetski races will happen without me. It is still pouring rain. Over an inch fell yesterday breaking all records. You easterners should know that we usually don't have a drop of rain after Memorial Day until October or November. Summer rain storms are very unusual.
If this keeps up I may just go to work and finish moving files into a new file cabinet I got Friday. Woopee.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are house hunting. We want to have our own house, instead of living in each others homes. There are alot of homes on the market, but haven't found the one. Oh well next weekend.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Patty and I will be off to Athens, OH to see her youngest son graduate from Ohio U.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:27 AM

Most of the yard work is done........for now. Time with the grandkids on Saturday, getting together with some friends on Saturday evening, not sure about Sunday. There are still some nature trails we want to explore.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,010 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Patty and I will be off to Athens, OH to see her youngest son graduate from Ohio U.
Congratulations to Patty's youngest son on his upcoming graduation.

We were in Athens this past weekend. Our son-in-law graduated from medical school.

Much to her, and our surprise, our daughter was recognized, too! She received the "Donna Jones Moritsugu Memorial Award," as the most supportive spouse of a graduating medical student. She was recognized and given a plaque.

Here is what the award is:
Award

He started this long process when our daughter was about 8 months pregnant with our grandson, Riley. Riley is just about 5 1/2 years old now. (Scott first had to take many prerequisite courses for about a year before even applying to med school.)

He has been accepted into the Psychiatry Residency at The Ohio State University and it is a four year program.

So from start to finish, it is quite a long process.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,538 Likes on 1,914 Posts

My weekend is best spent on weekdays when the crowds are lighter at popular destinations. I'll be going to Yosemite soon to see some record volume waterfalls.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Congratulations to your son in law and your daughter Sue. So much dedication to get where he is while raising a family.

Patty, sounds like a cool trip. I'll look forward to the
Old 06-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,971 Likes on 1,757 Posts

Congrats to the graduates! Including the +1's son, who made it out of HS last week. Now on to who knows what. Probably a local college in the Fall. They are still accepting applications. They also have a degree in sports management, which should really appeal to him - he's a sports fanatic.

This weekend will be quiet - YAY!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Graduation party for my daughter who graduated from Indiana U last month. She and my wife are handling most of the details for the party but it sounds like about 65 have RSVP'd.

Congrats to all who have graduates this year. I am so looking forward to improved cash flow (only one more month to pay for the college apartment..pricelees!).

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?