S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 04-21-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Cycling on Saturday, which is sponsored by a local bicycle shop and more house/yard work on Sunday.

gary
Old 04-21-2015, 12:06 PM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,414 Posts

The New Orleans Jazz and and Heritage Festival is happening over the next two weekends. A dozen odd stages with music from late morning to early evening. This year the two big stages feature names like The Who, Elton John, Dr. John, Keith Urban, Jimmy Cliff, Jimmy Buffett, Irma Thomas, Tony Bennett (with Lady Gaga, no less), Allen Toussaint, Cowboy Mouth, Widespread Panic, Chicago, Jerry Lee Lewis, Lenny Kravitz, Steve Winwood, Trombone Shorty, The O'Jays and about a hundred lesser known performers. The problem is this is over five days and each day costs about $70 each plus gas, food, etc. So I guess we will pick one day and catch a day's worth of great music. Probably the second Sunday for Jerry Lee Lewis, Steve Winwood, a few minutes of the O'Jays. Could depend on the weather forecast, though. The annual event is notorious for rain.

They call it Jazz Fest but it includes jazz of all types, Dixie, country, rock, hip hop, pop, gospel, zydeco, folk, R&B, blues, cajun folk, african folk and a few other kinds of music.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:11 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
The New Orleans Jazz and and Heritage Festival is happening over the next two weekends. A dozen odd stages with music from late morning to early evening. This year the two big stages feature names like The Who, Elton John, Dr. John, Keith Urban, Jimmy Cliff, Jimmy Buffett, Irma Thomas, Tony Bennett (with Lady Gaga, no less), Allen Toussaint, Cowboy Mouth, Widespread Panic, Chicago, Jerry Lee Lewis, Lenny Kravitz, Steve Winwood, Trombone Shorty, The O'Jays and about a hundred lesser known performers. The problem is this is over five days and each day costs about $70 each plus gas, food, etc. So I guess we will pick one day and catch a day's worth of great music. Probably the second Sunday for Jerry Lee Lewis, Steve Winwood, a few minutes of the O'Jays. Could depend on the weather forecast, though. The annual event is notorious for rain.

They call it Jazz Fest but it includes jazz of all types, Dixie, country, rock, hip hop, pop, gospel, zydeco, folk, R&B, blues, cajun folk, african folk and a few other kinds of music.
Yes we have a couple friends who are going. It looks like a hell of a venue. Have fun.

fltsfshr
Old 04-22-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Are you happy with Netflix? I've been thinking of dumping my cable.
I have 1 DVD at a time AND the instant, and I was happy.

Joy however, is the big series TV watcher, and Hulu has more TV programming available. Between both of those services, AND YouTube, I've not wanted for anything else, except for F1 and NFL.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,003 Likes on 519 Posts

Friday night, I'll be setting up....
Saturday, is the event itself...
Sunday, I'll be recuperating and getting all the paperwork and finances completed.

Darts for Dreams!!!! It's our dart league's annual event to benefit Make A Wish NJ. From the early numbers (just over $18K in hand already), it looks like we have a great chance to raise $30,000 for MAWNJ this year. That could fund 4 or more wishes. If we do happen to get to $30,000, our 10 year total would be close to $200,000, and 30 wishes sponsored.

For anyone that wanted to help with a small donation and lost the link or forgot, here's the link: Online donation for Darts for Dreams 10 .

Thanks to those of you who have helped already and a forward thanks to those that might still.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Big community clean up project on Saturday.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:34 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

The +1 I running a 10-mile race on Sun in Alexandria. Probably find some other stuff to do.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:04 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Way to Go, Vito!

Deb, are you guys going to be in Glenn Falls?
Old 04-23-2015, 01:29 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

^ No, I'm afraid not. It has just been too crazy here.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:39 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,292 Likes on 997 Posts

Saturday morning: my first drive with a Corvette club. My neighbor Ernie's club is driving to the Hollywood Museum and lunch at a drive in. I should have posted last week: three days of the Long Beach Grand Prix. I've been to all 41 of them, all three days of most. Mrs. Raptor has missed two. We get there at 7 AM all three days. We have the best seats in the house. Top row Grandstand 29, aisle seats, at the start finish line, across from the pits, where they're screaming down the Shoreline straight. Marina Parking right behind our seats for tailgating between events.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?