S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 04-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

⬆️⬆️⬆️
Get well soon,Lainey.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:09 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

^What he said. For you to nap and watch mindless TV, you're not feeling well at all. I hope you feel up to watching Rick tend to the Flora on Sunday.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:44 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Thanks, Emil and Patricia. Slept well last night. These these just have to run their course. It could always be worse!!! It is supposed to be nice outside today. I'll get a little fresh air.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:45 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Walked the beach this morning with my fly rod. Watched a tarpon swim in close. It emptied my fly line and almost 300 yards of back up before I put the brake on and let the leader break. It was a water dancing freight train. Made my day!! Fun but you can't follow them from the shore.

fltsfshr
Old 04-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by fltsfshr
Walked the beach this morning with my fly rod. Watched a tarpon swim in close. It emptied my fly line and almost 300 yards of back up before I put the brake on and let the leader break. It was a water dancing freight train. Made my day!! Fun but you can't follow them from the shore.

fltsfshr
I figured it was a fish but I still Googled it. Seems they are showing up early this year. Tarpon are showing up early
Old 04-12-2015, 03:16 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

I didn't plan on it in advance, but I brought the S home from winter storage today.

The guy who owns the property where I kept it called late last night to tell me he was going out there to check on the property, and would drive me out if I wanted - nearly an hour drive east of Cleveland. The next several weekends being pretty booked, I packed up this morning and went with him. At 68 degrees and sunny, I couldn't ask for a better day.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:25 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by JonasM
I didn't plan on it in advance, but I brought the S home from winter storage today.

The guy who owns the property where I kept it called late last night to tell me he was going out there to check on the property, and would drive me out if I wanted - nearly an hour drive east of Cleveland. The next several weekends being pretty booked, I packed up this morning and went with him. At 68 degrees and sunny, I couldn't ask for a better day.
Jonas!

We also headed out in our S, unexpectedly. Rick was washing cars and puttering and the temps were rising. He uncovered the S2000, and it's amazing how great it looks after being under all that snow. It doesn't even need to be washed. He checked the tire pressures and off we went.

I still am lacking energy, but a ride in the car doesn't take too much energy. Also made a few stops for good medicine.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:55 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
I'm a slug, watching mindless TV. I called in sick today to my Grandma job. Ally is old enough to watch her brother and they don't need my germs. I went to the walk in today. Bronchitis. Tossed an antibiotic at me pretty much for the "just in case" situation. I'm not one to take antibiotics too quickly, but I didn't argue. Extended the prednisone for a few more days to keep other wolves at bay.

So, I'm the slug while Rick is outside getting started on spring yard work

I took a nap. I can't take all this excitement.

Come-on Amy. That's no way to be.

Hope you feel better soon Lainey.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by JonasM

I brought mine home today, Jonas. Felt great.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:41 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Spectacular weather yesterday for the cherry blossoms. Walked six miles with the +1 down, around and back to see them. Also been driving top down for the past few days since spring has finally sprung in DC.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?