S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 02-22-2015, 04:34 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I have to get motivated to take the snow blower to the top of the driveway and fight with a snowbank so we can see when we try and leave the driveway.
After that I'll climb the ladder yet again to bust up some of the huge ice dams I have.
I need to design a house that will shake like a wet dog to get rid of the snow on the roof.

I wonder about using TiO2 nanoparticles on roofing or one of the other superhydrophilic compounds. What if snow ice and water couldn't stick? I live in the warm but they are using that here on tile roofs.

fltsfshr
Old 02-22-2015, 06:59 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Originally Posted by boltonblue' timestamp='1424530565' post='23514039

I need to design a house that will shake like a wet dog to get rid of the snow on the roof.
This guy sort of got close but i don't like the fact that the kid was in the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_167-Y88Lk
How stupid can you get? That could ruin the kid's hearing for life.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Friday morning I recorded a low temp of -22. That sux!
Old 02-24-2015, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've recruited some help to work on my reef aquarium this weekend. I have 100+ lbs. of cultivated reef rock being shipped up from the Keys this week. I'm hoping it shows up tonight. Once the rock is in place and recovers from the stresses of harvesting, shipping, etc., then I'll start buying maricultured/tank raised corals and a few more fish. Rori loves the process as I let her pick out the livestock, provided her picks are compatible with the other inhabitants of the tank. They won't outgrow the size of the tank. And that they don't have a specialized diet so they're easy to feed.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
I've recruited some help to work on my reef aquarium this weekend. I have 100+ lbs. of cultivated reef rock being shipped up from the Keys this week. I'm hoping it shows up tonight. Once the rock is in place and recovers from the stresses of harvesting, shipping, etc., then I'll start buying maricultured/tank raised corals and a few more fish. Rori loves the process as I let her pick out the livestock, provided her picks are compatible with the other inhabitants of the tank. They won't outgrow the size of the tank. And that they don't have a specialized diet so they're easy to feed.

Looking forward to pics, I hope.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:29 PM

While Dean is improving his aquarium to provide a safe home for more fish, I'll be stocking up on the implements of fish destruction this weekend. I'm going to the Rhode Island Saltwater Fishing Show. Some of the guys from Wicked Tuna will be on hand. I'll be looking for fishing tackle bargains. Hopefully I'll meet up with few of my fishing buddies at the show.

http://www.nesaltwatershow.com

Then I should go to the Cape to see if the frozen ocean has damaged my dock...
Old 02-25-2015, 12:59 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Fish destruction... I used to fish quite a bit when I was young at my uncle's hunting and fishing camp in NC (perch, brim, bass). I really liked it. I enjoy watching the cork go under the water. Fly fishing/casting doesn't have the same appeal to me. Have fun at the show. My weekends are quiet for the near future here at home. Until early April when we go down to C-ville for the +1 to run the marathon there. Busy selling my mother's house and looking after her. She has not been too well the past couple of days which concerns me. I'm hoping she rallies.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:37 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
While Dean is improving his aquarium to provide a safe home for more fish, I'll be stocking up on the implements of fish destruction this weekend.
suddenly an image of Bill sitting on the edge of the Dean's fish tank with a line hanging into the tank appeared....
Old 03-31-2015, 06:18 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

This past weekend, I participated in a three-day Pro Solo autocross event at the former El Toro marine air station. It was fun. I was slow. Even a Honda Fit was faster than me. LOL! The timing and scoring technical difficulties truly sucked. Still I had fun. The Lotus held together for me, much to my surprise. I am still sore from all the standing and walking though. I should definitely have parked closer to the course.

This coming weekend is Easter. I have to get some paperwork/bookkeeping done for my taxes Saturday and then Sunday is a day with Don's family. Easter is much less stressful than Christmas. And I get to play with Don's nephew who has just learned to walk. Cute little bugger, that one.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:26 PM

Was it one of those mirror image courses where they can start two cars at the same time? Actually makes it look like a race. I've never done one but it looks like fun.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?