S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 01-15-2015, 10:28 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

^^^^Sounds like a good time is going to be had by all, have fun.
Levi
Old 01-15-2015, 01:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope to be taking a test drive in a 2006 Suzuka Blue S2K. Have been lurking around here for far too long, learning as much as I can and waiting for other "life factor" to move out of the way. The price seems about what the going rate is around here (supply being what it is). Two owners, one five-year lease in Florida, and second owner in Indiana. Owner 2 drove it less than 1,500 miles a year. Hoping it looks as good in person as in the photos. Fingers crossed.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohnothimagen
I hope to be taking a test drive in a 2006 Suzuka Blue S2K. Have been lurking around here for far too long, learning as much as I can and waiting for other "life factor" to move out of the way. The price seems about what the going rate is around here (supply being what it is). Two owners, one five-year lease in Florida, and second owner in Indiana. Owner 2 drove it less than 1,500 miles a year. Hoping it looks as good in person as in the photos. Fingers crossed.
Hi Ohno! Welcome to Vintage! Hope the car turns out to be "the one."

Please take a few minutes and intro yourself to the Vintage crew here: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/509...#entry23399146 You'll get a hardy welcome and probably some follow up questions from folks wanting to get to know you better.

PS I fixed your link in the post. You had http in there too many times. It's better now. You may want to edit your post in the S2000 Talk forum as well. Just delete the first set of "http://" and it will work much better for everyone.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:03 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohnothimagen
Looks good. No reason it should not with that low mileage over 8 years. Good luck.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks diq04 for your opinion. Thank you too RMurphy for the welcome, and fixing the links (in both posts)

I have hesitated to really jump in with introductions, mainly because I haven't had an S2K so it seemed lurking and learning was probably best.

For what it's worth, this site and in particular this "vintage" sub forum has been something of a motivation to find an S. I've been fairly happy with my 1991 MR2 NA. While I have taken extremely (possibly obsessive) care of the car, it is beginning to suffer its age. Getting hard to find factory parts, and I really don't care for hitting the salvage yards to keep a car running. But the main thing is, the cars have gotten so cheap, the forums are mainly ruled by "kids" (no offense intended) only interested in modding for more power.

It is nice to find a place where "vintage" owners can have more mature conversations over shared interests beyond tubos and body kits. Again, no offense intended.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:33 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by Ohnothimagen' timestamp='1421361682' post='23469708
Looks good. No reason it should not with that low mileage over 8 years. Good luck.
I agree. Looks original/unmolested. Fair starting price, but hope you can knock it down some this time of year.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by RMurphy' timestamp='1421306078' post='23468825
The BF's new vehicle. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock. I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend...

(reading the owner's manual!)

What?! Go four wheeling!
Well, looks like the owner's manual will have to wait. We are going on our first group trail ride tomorrow. Supposed to be a perfect drive for newbies.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
I am driving to Phoenix on Friday...

[/URL]
Love that pic! Safe journey, Patty!
Old 01-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

I just checked in to my Hampton Inn and Suites in Phoenix. Long day of driving and I lost an hour. Forgot about that. Best Hampton I've ever been in. Time to go find the early arrivals at a restaurant for hellos. Hey, I paid $1.999/gallon for 87 octane gas at the Costco in Indio, CA! It's been many years since that's happened to me. There's a Costco near this Hampton and I'll be sure to gas up there. Arizona has cheaper gas than Cali.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:00 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

from Houston! Having fun so far...Jim and Chris' house is gorgeous. Already had a brisket sandwich and Mexican.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?