S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 11-17-2014, 07:35 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Next weekend I will be working at the local medical center helping gather X-ray images for a clinical study on a new piece of equipment I'm working on. I have to help their X-ray Tech capture images from cadavers.
Well, I guess I'm too good at what I do. I've been asked to spend another Saturday in the cadaver lab. They are also considering sending me to St. Louis for a few days next month to help with more cadaver studies. Pediatrics this time.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:48 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1415366150' post='23396855
Next weekend I will be working at the local medical center helping gather X-ray images for a clinical study on a new piece of equipment I'm working on. I have to help their X-ray Tech capture images from cadavers.
Well, I guess I'm too good at what I do. I've been asked to spend another Saturday in the cadaver lab. They are also considering sending me to St. Louis for a few days next month to help with more cadaver studies. Pediatrics this time.
Oh....pediatrics? Not easy..........
Old 11-17-2014, 07:51 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1416242137' post='23408014
[quote name='Conedodger' timestamp='1415366150' post='23396855']
[/quote]
I managed being around the adults. Pediatrics could be tough. I'm an equipment guy. No medical training or real hospital experience. This is all new to me.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1416242885' post='23408037
[quote name='Conedodger' timestamp='1416242137' post='23408014']
[quote name='Conedodger' timestamp='1415366150' post='23396855']
[/quote]
I managed being around the adults. Pediatrics could be tough. I'm an equipment guy. No medical training or real hospital experience. This is all new to me.
[/quote]

oh man pediatrics would be a tough one.
I can cope with some dead old fat guy, he made his choices, but little kids.... yikes.
I used to clean a morgue, pediatrics was right above the morgue, always gave me the creeps when the filtered cries of the kids would be loud enough to be heard.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:28 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

from Annapolis, where the +1 is running the half marathon at 7 am. In the cold - 29 degrees. But runners like it cold. O'Leary's Seafood was fabulous last night. Celebrating the +1's new job he has just accepted. A wonderful and challenging opportunity. We are both very excited!
Old 11-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Enjoying Annapolis one more night. First trip out of town since mid July so making the most of it.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm waiting on the NSA/Secret Service to show up at my place. I fired off one of my "Dear Pig F***er" letters to a certain political figure in Texas. It was on my bucket list.

Dear NSA or Secret Service. My door is unlocked, so let yourselves in. Just don't look behind the coffee maker. There's nothing there, honest. I'll be the old man sitting in his easy chair armed with fifty feet of Oxygen tubing.

(Mods: if the above is too close to the political topic boundary, feel free to edit, delete, or whatever. But remember, I don't have much longer to go, and everything I've had to say might become very valuable someday. )

This week I'll be having my aquarium taken apart. My doctor says no more physical exertion, and she's concerned about the possibility of infection. Something I cannot afford. There are some nasty bacteria living in aquaria.
I'm not giving up completely on aquariums. I'm switching back to a marine aquarium, which presents much less of a health threat to me.

I have a pic of what my "new" tank will look like, if I could get a volunteer to post it for me.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Currently on an NSX drive.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by dean
I'm waiting on the NSA/Secret Service to show up at my place. I fired off one of my "Dear Pig F***er" letters to a certain political figure in Texas. It was on my bucket list.

Dear NSA or Secret Service. My door is unlocked, so let yourselves in. Just don't look behind the coffee maker. There's nothing there, honest. I'll be the old man sitting in his easy chair armed with fifty feet of Oxygen tubing.

(Mods: if the above is too close to the political topic boundary, feel free to edit, delete, or whatever. But remember, I don't have much longer to go, and everything I've had to say might become very valuable someday. )

This week I'll be having my aquarium taken apart. My doctor says no more physical exertion, and she's concerned about the possibility of infection. Something I cannot afford. There are some nasty bacteria living in aquaria.
I'm not giving up completely on aquariums. I'm switching back to a marine aquarium, which presents much less of a health threat to me.

I have a pic of what my "new" tank will look like, if I could get a volunteer to post it for me.
Still have my email address? Send to me.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:08 AM

For fun and excitement this weekend..... Not much.

We did have an overnight with the grandkids last night, so we took them out for pizza. The granddaughter and I did a little Christmas shopping in the afternoon.

Rick hobbled around enough this morning to get the S washed and covered for it's long winter nap. For more fun, he just left to have an MRI done on his knee.

I think we deserve a quiet dinner out later on. The weekend has been a blur.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?