S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 11-10-2014, 04:50 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt
I had a wonderful weekend just past.

A couple of you know that I am in Denver visiting my brother for a few weeks while he still feels OK (he is not long for this world). I am lucky enough to be able to work remotely as many of my peers do (I normally work out of our main office) so I travelled out a couple of weekends ago and have been working through the weekdays. It gives me plenty of time to spend with my brother and still allow me to work.

This past weekend I spent Saturday with my brother visiting his 22 year old son up in Ft. Collins. We drove up west of Ft. Collins up the Cache la Pudre river canyon. It was really pretty and none of us had been up that way before. We found a great place for lunch up there called the Mishawaka Inn -- it's a bar/restaurant/concert venue and plenty of national acts play up there. My brother went home to Denver Saturday night and I stayed with my nephew. It was quite the eperience staying in a house with 7 roomates all in their early 20s. We had a grand time and I won't "bore you" with what I heard, saw, and observed Saturday night. WOW, early 20s just like I remember it. My nephew told me "I am SO GLAD you got to come up here and experience my life as it is now". I have to tell you all, I was really glad I did too.

Sunday I took my nephew to breakfast and headed down to Rocky Mountain National Park. I spent a few hours there and then took a route called the Peak to Peak Byway from Estes Park down through Nederland (home of the famous "frozen dead guy" and on to the Black Hawk/Central City area. I spent a little time driving up above Nederland up Caribou Rd. off of which was the renowned Caribou Ranch Recording Studios. It was a big time recording venue back in the 70s and 80s.

It gets dark early here now so it was getting dark when I got into Blackhawk/Central City. I had planned to take a really scenic way into Idaho Springs (called the Oh My God Road) but it wouldn't have been to scenic in the dark. I took the quick way down to I-70 and headed over to Evergreen, Colorado (brother used to live there) and made a quick stop at a place called the Little Bear Saloon. I've seen plenty of solid lower level national acts there over the years and plenty of regional acts. Of course on Sunday night in November it was pretty empty at around 6PM on Sunday night. Had a shot and a beer for old times sake and headed back down to Denver.

WOW! Now that I look at it, I really did quite a bit this past weekend as that was just the "brief" highlight.

Next weekend I plant to take half a day off on Friday and begin my drive back east to Cincinnati. Hope the weather cooperates.
That's some awesome country out there. Sounds like you made the very best of a tough situation.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:40 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Sorry to hear about your brother, but it is good that you are able to spend time with him while you both can appreciate it. Sounds like a really nice trip.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:53 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

She Drives it, (I'm sorry I can't remember your first name), I'm very sorry to hear that your brother is so ill. I'm glad you are able to spend some time with him.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
She Drives it, (I'm sorry I can't remember your first name), I'm very sorry to hear that your brother is so ill. I'm glad you are able to spend some time with him.
His name is Mark, and I agree with you, Lainey. Making the best out of a tough situation.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,003 Likes on 519 Posts

Cindy and I leave tomorrow around noon for a pre-inaugural sailing of Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas . We've been invited to go on the 2 night cruise to nowhere because of the work we do as event organizers for Make A Wish NJ.

The weekend starts with the naming ceremony and we'll get to try some of the restaurants and activities before coming back Sunday morning. We have 2 dinners, 2 shows plus Cindy has a spa treatment planned, then plenty of time to explore the ship. There's some special guests on board doing additional shows - we don't know who -considering its MAW, it really could be anyone!

This ship is massive. I've been on a Voyager class ship with RC about 8 years ago, and that was massive compared to some of the other ships in port. This boat dwarfs that one. This one has bumper cars, a skydiving simulator, some kind of extendable pod that lets you go above the top deck (think London Eye on the ship). We have a balcony room, but the promos show that indoor staterooms now have balcony simulators to remove that 'I'm in a closet feel'.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:41 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Gary, that is so very cool!

I hope you have a wonderful time! Take some pic to share, if you can.

Quiet weekend here. That's OK with me.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

I'm going to a TICA cat show on Saturday. Don't know what to expect but I love cats and would like to see the Bengals for sure.

Arcadia Cat Show
Old 11-14-2014, 10:11 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I'm going to a TICA cat show on Saturday. Don't know what to expect but I love cats and would like to see the Bengals for sure.

Arcadia Cat Show
Sounds different and interesting. Please take pics and share!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:22 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1415991869' post='23405457

Arcadia Cat Show
You're not a cat person, are you, Roseanne?
Old 11-14-2014, 10:28 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by RMurphy' timestamp='1415992314' post='23405468
[quote name='Kyras' timestamp='1415991869' post='23405457']

Arcadia Cat Show
You're not a cat person, are you, Roseanne?
[/quote]

Nope. Not even a little bit. But I'm curious about stuff I've never seen before and, if it interests you, then I would like to hear about it.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?