S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 10-25-2014, 09:10 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Interesting Roseanne. You will have to let me know how well that works. Any reason you disk just get a regular battery tender?
There are no power outlets where I park the car. So a normally powered one is not an option for me. Well, I could buy it, but I wouldn't be able to use it unless I took the battery out of the car and hauled it up to my apartment. LOL!

I considered running a really, really long extension cord out the window of the laundry room and down to the parking structure, but somehow I suspicion someone might notice and then I'd be in trouble with the owners.

I will let you know how it works out.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:18 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
There are no power outlets where I park the car. So a normally powered one is not an option for me. Well, I could buy it, but I wouldn't be able to use it unless I took the battery out of the car and hauled it up to my apartment. LOL! I considered running a really, really long extension cord out the window of the laundry room and down to the parking structure, but somehow I suspicion someone might notice and then I'd be in trouble with the owners. I will let you know how it works out.
LOL
Old 10-26-2014, 01:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

My nephew and his wife have been visiting from Seattle. Nice to see them. Today is Marine Corps Marathon day. Since our condo overlooks the Iwo Jima Memorial, it is a very big deal here in Rosslyn and in DC in general. We do not go out by car since many roads are closed all day and it is a zoo. The +1 is not running this year, but is walking to the start near the Pentagon to meet up with a friend. I will be standing about three blocks away from here to see the runners go by - about 30K have signed up. Among the runners are 13 Arlington County firefighters running on behalf of one of their own - each with 45 lbs of firefighting equipment on!!!

http://www.marinemarathon.com/MCM_Ru...se_details.htm
Old 10-26-2014, 06:23 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I’ve posted two pic’s of my weather station with the hope that Photobucket retains them. My Photobucket ID is inclined to arbitrarily and randomly collate albums and remove images at will. It all resulted from recent clean-up and space reduction efforts. I believe that a SmugMug photo sharing purchase is in the near future.

Okay…The weather station is an Acu-Rite 01500 that has a wireless indoor display and battery/solar powered outside weather sensor. I didn’t follow the sensor mounting instructions or use the supplied mounting hardware…their suggested 5-6’ high 4x4” post seemed awkward, instead I used a 1” galvanized steel pipe with a bevel cut end that I drove ~20” into the soil and painted a flat brown. The inside monitor sits on my desk and it gives off a blue back-lit glow that’s kind of eerie in the dark of night -- it will illuminate the entire room.

I had a difficult time deciding where to mount the outside sensor. I didn’t want it encroaching upon my neighbor’s views (our lots are slightly over 1/3 of an acre) and I didn’t want it anywhere in the lawn area. Finally, I placed it on a small berm it within 15’ of some spruce trees at the edge of the property. I’m hoping not but the spruce’s proximity may alter the wind direction and speed. Its location was the best decision of all of the possibilities.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:29 AM

Received 792 Likes on 534 Posts

I completed the George Hincapie Grand Fondo bike ride held in the Blue Ridge mountains of Western North and South Carolina. This 50 ride was brutal and one climb up one of the many mountains was 10 miles with a 17% grade. My legs were screening but I did finish and I think I was one of the oldest riders. Living in lower slower Delaware which is dead flat gave me no training for this thing. However, the scenery was breathtaking (pun) and the set up looked like a stage of a pro race as there were 10-15 pros riding including Hincapie, and TJ VanGarderen, Americas best hope for a Tour de France win. They did the big ride (80 miles) which was even more brutal. For them it was a walk in the park. Taking in the beautiful sites today in this beautiful area which is in full Fall color, but riding in the car not on the bike.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:25 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Finally got the garage floor painted. Now ready for the S2000 winter hibernation. S2000 was looking lost in the bigger garage!
Attached Thumbnails What are you doing this coming weekend?-image-1157198879.jpg  
Old 10-31-2014, 10:08 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Nice area for the S, Jim!

Halloween tonight. Picking up grandkids and one extra kid. Will stuff them with some pizza. The youngest will head off with my daughter in law. The granddaughter and her friend are hanging with us for a while.

Tomorrow the Y (of course) and some kid duty.

The rest of the weekend (which is going to be dreary) is ours. I see housework and errands in my future.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Installed my Nokian Hakka 7 studded winter tires!...Done.
Let it snow....
Old 10-31-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire
Installed my Nokian Hakka 7 studded winter tires!...Done.
Let it snow....
No, no, no, no SNOW!
Old 10-31-2014, 11:35 AM

Member (Premium)

Received 174 Likes on 102 Posts

Was going to prep the S on Sunday for the winter, but have a Check Engine light so have to take it in next week to see what it is about.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?