S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 01-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I'm in San Diego right now with my baby girl who will be 27 years-old in 9 days. We are going to the San Diego zoo today. It's going to be a whole different experience since she's a zookeeper. We will get to go behind the scenes some, with a zookeeper friend of hers.
Will there be pics?
Old 01-28-2014, 04:19 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

I'm looking forward to a private tour of the GM Heritage Center this weekend. The collection is not open to the general public.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Working on putting the bamboo facing on my aquarium cabinet this weekend. And I shall endeavor not to nail or glue myself to anything in the process, but I make no promises. One of my local S2KI buddies has volunteered to come help me cut the stuff. Stranded bamboo is is some of the hardest, most dense wood-like material I've ever worked with. Not to mention as expensive as hell, so one little mistake with the saw could end up to be quite costly.

Also, Rori and I may go looking at electric golf carts Saturday. We're thinking of selling the Camry, as the MINi fills all our needs and I'm tired of maintaining two cars. I'd rather spend the time and money on enjoying ourselves, and maybe doing a bit of traveling.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:23 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

My beloved's two sisters and their spouses are coming for the weekend.
I suspect I'll be getting dragged to the Peabody Essex Museum to get culture.
Exhibit is Impressionists on the Water so I suspect it's gonna be about some boats....

Old 01-29-2014, 03:39 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

The Impressionists are our favorites. I'm sure it will be very nice!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:24 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
The Impressionists are our favorites. I'm sure it will be very nice!
Have you been to the new (or old) Barnes Foundation in Philly, Deb?

Nothing like it in the WORLD for impressionism fans
Old 01-29-2014, 06:30 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

This weekend Kathy is going to visit our dtr in Gloucester MA; I'll tell them about the Peabody Essex exhibit, Jerry-MA

Meanwhile, I am heading to NYC to visit my good college friend who lives in his 4,000 SF SoHo loft. If you know Manhattan RE prices, you might guess that he's sitting on a gold mine. His wife is in OR for a few days, so it will be a "bachelor weekend"

Besides taking in the newer architecture scene with him, I'll get together with a couple college friends for lunch/brunch. Always fun to visit the Big Apple....and the temps are supposed to be much warmer than now. Will be interesting to see how the SuperBowl crowd affects traffic, etc. I'll drive the P-car on Fri morning...parking it for the duration in a garage about 2 blocks from the Holland Tunnel.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:24 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K
This weekend Kathy is going to visit our dtr in Gloucester MA; I'll tell them about the Peabody Essex exhibit, Jerry-MA

Meanwhile, I am heading to NYC to visit my good college friend who lives in his 4,000 SF SoHo loft. If you know Manhattan RE prices, you might guess that he's sitting on a gold mine. His wife is in OR for a few days, so it will be a "bachelor weekend"

Besides taking in the newer architecture scene with him, I'll get together with a couple college friends for lunch/brunch. Always fun to visit the Big Apple....and the temps are supposed to be much warmer than now. Will be interesting to see how the SuperBowl crowd affects traffic, etc. I'll drive the P-car on Fri morning...parking it for the duration in a garage about 2 blocks from the Holland Tunnel.
I hope you enjoy NY, and I'm not trying to start anything, but I HAVE to ask, again. Why do you think it's important to let us know that your friend is sitting on a gold mine? If I mention visiting an out of town friend, I don't think their financial status is of any importance to anyone at all, including me, never mind S2KI folks. I know it's "always about the money" but sometimes it doesn't have to be. Just sayin'.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:22 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey
I like your new emoticon, Lainey
Old 01-29-2014, 08:23 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1391012678' post='22988884

I like your new emoticon, Lainey
I thought you might make it your avatar, Jerry.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?