S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 05-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Tomorrow (Memorial Day), the local Vietnam Vets Association (of which I am not a member of), is dedicating a UH-1 (Huey helicopter) memorial. Since I have a "few" hours as a pilot in them, I am contemplating attending the ceremony. I have mixed emotions about this, since I proudly served, but would still like to put this behind me, as I did my duty, but that was then, and this is now. TBD.
I say you should go. Better to go and see what it's like than wonder if you would have gotten something out of it if you had gone. What's the worst that could happen?
Old 05-26-2014, 02:00 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Went with the +1 to Arlington Cemetery earlier this morning to take flowers to my dad's grave, before the big crowds descend. It was still slow getting into the cemetery, but with a family pass we can drive directly to the gravesite. Also took flowers to the gravesite of my third father - my attorney and very close friend who died last year. I consider my uncle from NC to be my second father. All gone now. It is a spectacular day here - sunny, warm and not humid. The whole weekend is looking good, which will please all the bikers for Rolling Thunder Sun. And the barbecuers and poolgoers.
Posted this pic in the Memorial Day thread, too. My dad and my friend at the Marine Corps Museum a few years ago. Semper Fi!

We went to our local BBQ joint yesterday and the menu had changed. They now have fried pickles! We had some in SC recently. Not exactly health food, but they were yummy in SC and here. My yard work today will consist of watering the plants on the balcony.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:47 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by boltonblue' timestamp='1401062709' post='23175231
The big pile of dirt is now a much smaller pile of dirt.
The three big depressions in the yard are now level and seeded.
One Hostas bed has the border up is level filled and is ready for planting, the other is half done.
As depressing as it is to type, I'm gonna need a lot more dirt.
Does the cardiac care unit take reservations?

As much as I enjoy our very pretty yard, it is a lot of work. At times, when the "to do" list is long, I do think, CONDO!

How much Advil have you taken today, Jerry?
Aleve!! good stuff.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:12 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

It seems like I watched 20 hours of tv yesterday while resting my shoulder...... F1 race, documentary '1', Indy 500 race, parts of NASCAR 600 race, and a hockey game. I did manage to mow the lawn - I did the riding mower portion and the wife did the walk behind parts. She has been planting and re-planting flowers and plants for several days now from morning to night. I am always impressed. She seems to love it.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:37 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

^
My father in law was 88 years old when he passed away unexpectedly. He was working in his small greenhouse when a stroke got him.

I mentioned to Rick yesterday that his father was 30 years older than I am now, and he sill went from morning to night, gardening, digging working in the yard. It is a labor of love for sure. I do enjoy working in the garden. I enjoy sitting on the deck and LOOKING at the garden even more.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:36 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Doing a Tomcatt test drive today, checking out the roads for any surprises.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Headed tonight to the Kennedy Center to see a Finnish group sing ABBA music with the National Symphony Orchestra. Should be good!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:57 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

+1 Chris is hiking the Grand Canyon this weekend. I'm in my garage working on my S and also watching some great college Baseball. Rice is hosting an NCAA Regional Fri-Mon. They are playing Texas tonight.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:33 AM
Member (Premium)

^ She's at it again! A guy at work asked the +1 if he wanted to climb Mt Rainier with him.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:42 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

I participated for about two of the three hours of a fund raising Zumba thon today. It's always fun. I even won a restaurant gift certificate in the raffle. However, it get's hot in the gym where the event was held. If I stood near the fan, I could not see the various instructors, or hear the music too well. All instructors have different styles in their dance and music selection, so it's obviously easier to follow them when you can see them. It would have been better if they had a stage for them.

Came home and did about 2 1/2 hours of planting and mulching. I'm toast now!! Beat!

Goofing off for a bit, then heading out for Portuguese food with some friends.

Tomorrow may be an S day. Weather looks good.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?