S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 05-23-2014, 04:45 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Originally Posted by dlq04' timestamp='1400783267' post='23171558
Likely not doing a lot. This is typically a yard/garden weekend for us but I seem to have screwed up my shoulder somehow. 800mg motrin washed down with a beer doesn't seem to be helping at all. Damn, I hate sitting around when the weather has finally got decent. The F1 race and Indy 500 can only kill so much time.
I can relate to thte shoulder, I've been fighting a frozen shoulder for 3 months now. Technically I have a thickening of the shoulder capsule.
Push too hard and the damn thing hurts. Don't push hard enough and it gets worse.
I have tons of yard work to do. We got 10 yards of fill and 8 yards of topsoil dropped in the yard.
I got 2 trees that need new drip line edging and a couple of areas that have sunk in my lawn that need to be graded and reseeded.
I just brought home a bunch of new Hostas, some are kinda exotic.
Ah adhesive capsulitis....I remember that well after surgery #1. Take arm out of sling...oops, even therapist couldn't move it. Hope it clears up soon.

Did you see a therapist yet?
Old 05-23-2014, 07:42 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04' timestamp='1400783267' post='23171558
Likely not doing a lot. This is typically a yard/garden weekend for us but I seem to have screwed up my shoulder somehow. 800mg motrin washed down with a beer doesn't seem to be helping at all. Damn, I hate sitting around when the weather has finally got decent. The F1 race and Indy 500 can only kill so much time.
I can relate to thte shoulder, I've been fighting a frozen shoulder for 3 months now. Technically I have a thickening of the shoulder capsule.
Push too hard and the damn thing hurts. Don't push hard enough and it gets worse.
I have tons of yard work to do. We got 10 yards of fill and 8 yards of topsoil dropped in the yard.
I got 2 trees that need new drip line edging and a couple of areas that have sunk in my lawn that need to be graded and reseeded.
I just brought home a bunch of new Hostas, some are kinda exotic.
You are making me tired just thinking about it. We just got 3 yards of wood chips and that's enough for me. Of course, I just picked up an engine for my Arctic Cat that needs to be installed, and . . . . hell with it, I'm having a Beam.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:29 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Tonight the wife wanted me to take the MG to a small town pub out in the sticks near a lake where we heard they made a great hamburger. I knew better even with great top down weather. Took the truck with an automatic and was damn glad I did. The 20+ mile drive home was no fun. I spent a long time with the hot rice sack before feeling normal again. They told me 10 years ago it was time to go under the knife and have shoulder surgery. That time may have come. TBD.

I hope the rest of you are really enjoying this weekend! We've had several days of wonderful weather which is making it all that much harder to 'take it easy'.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:45 AM

We've been doing our digging, planting, and mulching. I'm stiff, sore, but not too bad. Heading back out there shortly.

Dave, sorry to hear shoulder isn't improved. IF it is time to get something done, do your homework and get a good shoulder guy. Texas Jim has some new shoulders and is doing well. I'm sure he can provide some info for you.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:46 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Lainey, I feel for you. I took Friday off and spent all day Friday all day Saturday in the vineyard, thinning, pruning, tucking shoots under the wires and pulling leaves. All this bending, squatting and twisting, I am pretty sore. And I'm not done yet. But close to finishing, then spraying to prevent powdery mildew and done for two weeks. (has to be sprayed every two weeks)

No plans for Memorial Day itself. Try to stay off the roads. I may need to stay off my feet!
Old 05-25-2014, 01:34 PM

We are 80% done. The plants are planted. One area still has remnants of tulips that are not dead enough to remove leaves. Rick planted around the area. We will toss some mulch around the plants once they are more established. Yes a bit backwards. Tomorrow not much on the list thankfully except a cookout. Now we wait for stuff to grow and look pretty. Advil and 8 hr Tylenol have been my friends.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:05 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

The big pile of dirt is now a much smaller pile of dirt.
The three big depressions in the yard are now level and seeded.
One Hostas bed has the border up is level filled and is ready for planting, the other is half done.
As depressing as it is to type, I'm gonna need a lot more dirt.
Does the cardiac care unit take reservations?
Old 05-25-2014, 05:49 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Busy day, washed/waxed +1's Si, quick detailed the S, mowed lawn and walked around the local car show for a couple hours. No plans for memorial day.
Levi
Old 05-25-2014, 06:10 PM

The big pile of dirt is now a much smaller pile of dirt.
The three big depressions in the yard are now level and seeded.
One Hostas bed has the border up is level filled and is ready for planting, the other is half done.
As depressing as it is to type, I'm gonna need a lot more dirt.
Does the cardiac care unit take reservations?

As much as I enjoy our very pretty yard, it is a lot of work. At times, when the "to do" list is long, I do think, CONDO!

How much Advil have you taken today, Jerry?
Old 05-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Tomorrow (Memorial Day), the local Vietnam Vets Association (of which I am not a member of), is dedicating a UH-1 (Huey helicopter) memorial. Since I have a "few" hours as a pilot in them, I am contemplating attending the ceremony. I have mixed emotions about this, since I proudly served, but would still like to put this behind me, as I did my duty, but that was then, and this is now. TBD.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?