S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 09-01-2016, 04:53 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

We do need rain. The garden and flowers have had a rough year, and I will have to sit down before opening our next water bill. Even with all the watering, they just don't look great, and forget the back lawn.

I won't mind a bit of a rainy weekend. It may prompt me to stay inside and do "stuff" I have not done for a while.However, lots of folks, including us, have plans for Labor Day weekend, and a rainy one will put a damper on those plans. (pun intended)

I'm glad we have a couple more weeks before we head to NC. I'd seriously doubt hitting the road this weekend.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:47 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

We're throwing ourselves a 25th Anniversary party Saturday. Sunday it is off to the Glen for the Indy Car race. Monday my wife's family comes over to spend the afternoon in the pool, followed by left overs from Saturday's feast.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:30 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

^^^^Happy Anniversary!
Levi
Old 09-01-2016, 03:58 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Hope it doesn't rain this weekend, but they say it will.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:53 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Got about 10 things I want to do - just tomorrow! A fairly-local all British club I'm in wants to start the day at noon at a new brew pub about 30 miles away. An MGA buddy wants us to go to the Orphan Car show (an annual event just for cars who's companies are no longer around - and there is lots of them) about 30 miles away. With nice fall weather, we'd like to head off to Grand Rapids, about 100+ miles away, for their big annual event called Art Prize with $500,000 in awards (thankfully it runs a couple more weeks). But, aside from those things and a couple other offers, we plan to watch our 12-year old grandson play in a double header on Sunday. In the past, he's played almost every position in baseball but this year he's the catcher. He said he loves it because of the constant action (now that I can understand, since I consider baseball, generally speaking, the slowest game in the world). We have not seen him play position yetl, so it should be good. In any case, we have a mid-week MGA out of state trip planned (got to get rides in before the temps have a high of 42)!
Old 09-18-2016, 08:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^Busy, busy, busy.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:18 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

I love my grandkids but I hate baseball - especially four hours of 12 year olds in two back to back games! So far my grandson's team is unbeaten in four straight; in fact, the games have not been close. No matter - too damn long unless you love the sport which a lot seem to - - but not me. Bad grandpa!!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:58 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

^ Yeah, you be bad...

Our weekend, other than dinner Fri night, was fairly quiet. The +1 did run a 10K Sat AM. He likes to watch football, so now that the season has started, he will be watching more TV. An unfortunate accident happened to my niece's hubby on Sat while they were on a motorcycle ride to Nags Head (about 2.5 hours from their home) with their club. They've been riding for years. His front tire hit something and the bike fell over and went down the highway for a bit. He got some nasty road burn on his body, but avoided being hit by anything else and does not have any broken bones. So very lucky. He's gonna take awhile to heal up though.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:41 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

^ She says he's still very purple on the left side - the blood traveled down his leg. But he's hanging in. Planning to see them this weekend and hopeful that Hurricane Matthew doesn't put a damper on the proceedings!! The +1 will be running the Ironclad Half Marathon on Sat in the town of Kinston, where I spent a lot of time growing up.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:14 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

It's been a week of rain, and more of the same this weekend.

Rick had to work yesterday, and I skipped the Y as we had a fill in for Zumba. I'm not crazy about this instructor's style/moves. Not unusual to really enjoy one class and not another. So I skipped the class and went into cleaning mode. The house got a much needed once over, laundry got done, groceries got done. I was practically a housewife.

I was supposed to take the grandson to his soccer game in the afternoon, but that was rained out. He wasn't interested in hanging out with grandma so he stayed home with his sister. Dinner with friends last night and I believe I'm having lunch with the granddaughter today.

I've also done some online shopping for new bed linens, and shower curtain and window curtain for the bathroom, as that room is being re-painted this month. Need to select a color, I'll work from the colors in the shower curtain (I don't like shower doors) It's time to renew our home equity line so I need to dig out tax returns for photocopying.

As you can see, it's been a very exciting weekend. Well, not really, but quite productive.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?