S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 07-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,010 Likes on 588 Posts

Wow, that looks pretty bad.

I'm glad that Bea is okay, and I'm sorry about the car.

It is probably best that she cancelled her trip.

Hope she feels better soon. I'm sure it was pretty traumatic for both of you.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by MsPerky' timestamp='1467394665' post='24007120
Oh, bummer...glad she is OK. Looks like that driver was going fairly fast!
_
Yeah. The State Trooper thought so, too.

To top it off, she is leaving tomorrow morning to visit a friend for a week in Ocean Shores, Washington, so I get to take her and her luggage to BWI airport in the S. That's not so bad, but returning to the east, I will be right in the middle of the holiday weekend beach traffic. I foresee a very sore left leg from all the clutch action between Annapolis and the Bay Bridge.

Edit: After consultation with her personal trainer (me), we decided to cancel the trip to the west coast. She is just experiencing too much discomfort and swelling to endure the long flight and the drive after she arrives in Seattle. Southwest is very good about their cancellation policies so she can go later when she feels better.
Good idea...I found after one accident similar to this that it took a couple of days to really feel the full effect of the impact. So better she is at home to monitor.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Kinky Boots was great.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
BTW, At the urging of the clerk I'm going back today and get the difference in price refunded!
Nice!!

Glad to hear that she is o.k. after that accident.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:06 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,292 Likes on 997 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor
Big Mexican party Saturday (lots of USC Trojans ), with a taco truck and a Mariachi band. Montrose Car Show Sunday with 550 classic cars and hot rods. We have an early lunch at Joselito's, our favorite Mexican restaurant, on their patio with our dogs. We're close to all the VINTAGE alcohol dragsters. They fire them up periodically and make a real racket! Monday neighborhood BBQ, then night fireworks at our local high school.
Monday neighborhood BBQ has tuned into a block party with 150 people.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:09 PM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

_

To top it off, she is leaving tomorrow morning to visit a friend for a week in Ocean Shores, Washington, so I get to take her and her luggage to BWI airport in the S. That's not so bad, but returning to the east, I will be right in the middle of the holiday weekend beach traffic. I foresee a very sore left leg from all the clutch action between Annapolis and the Bay Bridge.

Edit: After consultation with her personal trainer (me), we decided to cancel the trip to the west coast. She is just experiencing too much discomfort and swelling to endure the long flight and the drive after she arrives in Seattle. Southwest is very good about their cancellation policies so she can go later when she feels better.

That really sucks !! When I read it the first time I thought you were talking about Durango :-( But I see that was not the cancelled trip :-)
Old 07-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Not exactly what I planned to do, but been dealing with this:

While Bea was on her way to visit a friend late yesterday afternoon, stopped in traffic, a distracted driver did this to her. Got a call that she was on the way to the ER in an ambulance so I got there as she arrived. 3 hours later, she was released with only bumps and bruises and lots of soreness. Guess Honda built the Crosstour well! Pretty sure it will be totalled, though it's only 17 months old with 21,000 miles. The adjuster will be there Tuesday to make that determination.

Happy Fourth!
Glad Bea is O.K. well built,those Honda....
But,it surely won't buff right out...
Old 07-02-2016, 02:52 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Gene, sad to hear what happened but glad that Bea is ok. That is all that is important.

Hope things workout with the adjuster.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Thanks, everyone. One of the negatives of living in a small state is that it seems that most large companies do not have local reps here, and that's true for my insurance company, it seems. After having to spell all the addresses, etc. to everyone I talked to, they finally determined they don't have a company claims adjuster here, so they have to hire an independent adjuster who can't look at the car til Wednesday. So, no resolution on the damage til then.

Bea is doing much better with only one large hematoma on her upper left arm (we still can't figure out how she got that as her seat belt should not have impacted that area )
Old 07-02-2016, 06:42 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

_

Gene, Please give Bea a virtual hug for us (as she may still be too sore for a real hug). However, in the big picture, we are happy that she was not seriously hurt, based on the image that you posted. Was the other driver texting? As it looks like a fairly high speed hit. Was the other driver charged? Best wishes for a good outcome overall.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?