S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 07-01-2016, 04:16 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by Scooterboy' timestamp='1467338023' post='24006605
I'll be finishing cleaning out all of the old mulch from the yard beds. Today I spread 41 bags of new mulch with 18 more to go on Saturday. Tomorrow is a day of rest!
Why would anyone buy 59 bags of mulch? When you could just say, Give me 60. We get ours delivered by a truck.
The first 24 bags were priced at "3 for $" Two days later they went of sale at "5 for $" so I bought 35 more.

BTW, At the urging of the clerk I'm going back today and get the difference in price refunded!
Old 07-01-2016, 04:37 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

I'll be finishing cleaning out all of the old mulch from the yard beds. Today I spread 41 bags of new mulch with 18 more to go on Saturday. Tomorrow is a day of rest!
Why would anyone buy 59 bags of mulch? When you could just say, Give me 60. We get ours delivered by a truck.
Olivio and his son Kenner deliver our mulch in bulk on their trailer, clean the planting beds, spread the mulch, and all I have to do is write the check!

Old 07-01-2016, 05:10 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

We too have bought bags and bags of mulch. Plant places charge $40+ for delivery, it's not that big a deal, but then you are dealing with a big pile of mulch in the driveway that has to be shoveled and spread (unless you are Gene who has it done. ) So far we have found it easier to bring in the bags, Rick puts it (the bag) where I/he wants it, dumps it out and we spread it around.

This weekend we have a day of puttering, a day in the S, maybe a small cookout at home, and a cookout on the 4th. The weekend will fly by.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:33 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I find bagged mulch is much easier to deal with. I pick it up with my trailer and when I get home, I pull the trailer behind the lawn mower to get it where it needs to go. Rip open a bag, dump and spread. Left overs are easier to store/return.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:41 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by dlq04' timestamp='1467345886' post='24006680
[quote name='Scooterboy' timestamp='1467338023' post='24006605']

We too have bought bags and bags of mulch. Plant places charge $40+ for delivery, it's not that big a deal, but then you are dealing with a big pile of mulch in the driveway that has to be shoveled and spread (unless you are Gene who has it done. ) So far we have found it easier to bring in the bags, Rick puts it (the bag) where I/he wants it, dumps it out and we spread it around.

This weekend we have a day of puttering, a day in the S, maybe a small cookout at home, and a cookout on the 4th. The weekend will fly by.
[/quote]

We have fairly good sized yard - no driveway dump. Our's is dropped in the back near a forest. We get 3-yards of playground wood chips that gets put into a cart behind the mower or into a wheel barrel depending upon the location. The "flower lady" I live with will only let me spread it in certain areas, like a border, otherwise by God I better not mess with the flowers! The grass and bushes are my turf - - and I had the chain saw working yesterday.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Member (Premium)

Not exactly what I planned to do, but been dealing with this:

While Bea was on her way to visit a friend late yesterday afternoon, stopped in traffic, a distracted driver did this to her. Got a call that she was on the way to the ER in an ambulance so I got there as she arrived. 3 hours later, she was released with only bumps and bruises and lots of soreness. Guess Honda built the Crosstour well! Pretty sure it will be totalled, though it's only 17 months old with 21,000 miles. The adjuster will be there Tuesday to make that determination.

Happy Fourth!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:12 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene

While Bea was on her way to visit a friend late yesterday afternoon, stopped in traffic, a distracted driver did this to her. Got a call that she was on the way to the ER in an ambulance so I got there as she arrived. 3 hours later, she was released with only bumps and bruises and lots of soreness. Guess Honda built the Crosstour well! Pretty sure it will be totalled, though it's only 17 months old with 21,000 miles. The adjuster will be there Tuesday to make that determination.

Happy Fourth!
Thankfully Bea is ok. But, not what you needed for the Holiday. Best wishes on a satisfactory outcome with the adjuster.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Oh, bummer...glad she is OK. Looks like that driver was going fairly fast!
Old 07-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Oh, bummer...glad she is OK. Looks like that driver was going fairly fast!
_
Yeah. The State Trooper thought so, too.

To top it off, she is leaving tomorrow morning to visit a friend for a week in Ocean Shores, Washington, so I get to take her and her luggage to BWI airport in the S. That's not so bad, but returning to the east, I will be right in the middle of the holiday weekend beach traffic. I foresee a very sore left leg from all the clutch action between Annapolis and the Bay Bridge.

Edit: After consultation with her personal trainer (me), we decided to cancel the trip to the west coast. She is just experiencing too much discomfort and swelling to endure the long flight and the drive after she arrives in Seattle. Southwest is very good about their cancellation policies so she can go later when she feels better.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,292 Likes on 997 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene

Happy Fourth!
Bummer! Glad she's OK.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?