S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 06-22-2016, 01:32 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

The +1 and team will be running another one of those crazy 200-mile relays - this one in Maine, from Bar Harbor to Portland. Will be a very scenic course with not much elevation, so that is good, compared to the last one (Smoky Mountain Relay) which was challenging to say the least.

http://www.rocklobsterrelay.com/cour...iew-and-chart/
Old 06-24-2016, 09:49 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

I'm playing Horn this weekend for this show.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
The +1 and team will be running another one of those crazy 200-mile relays - this one in Maine, from Bar Harbor to Portland. Will be a very scenic course with not much elevation, so that is good, compared to the last one (Smoky Mountain Relay) which was challenging to say the least.

http://www.rocklobsterrelay.com/cour...iew-and-chart/
Nice. I have a Ragnar in three weeks. That will be my first 200 mile relay.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:11 AM
Member (Premium)

^ Cool. This is not a Ragnar, but the idea is the same. Where are you running it? He has finished his first two legs as of now. No report on the second leg yet, which was during the night. One more to go. The weather is gorgeous and so far having a great time. It does help to know and like the team members you are riding with. It's pretty close quarters for about 30 hours with very little sleep.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:34 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Nothing planned. Bored as hell.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:29 AM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Took the dog for a ride in the Bugeye Then took the S2000 to the Mazda dealer to look at a MX-5 No I am not selling the S Just might get one for a daily driver
Old 06-25-2016, 05:31 PM

^ Cool. This is not a Ragnar, but the idea is the same. Where are you running it? He has finished his first two legs as of now. No report on the second leg yet, which was during the night. One more to go. The weather is gorgeous and so far having a great time. It does help to know and like the team members you are riding with. It's pretty close quarters for about 30 hours with very little sleep.
Pacific Northwest. We run from the Canadian boarder to Whidbey Island north of Seattle. This will be my first Ragnar.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:48 AM
Member (Premium)

Should be gorgeous. Our train in May from Vancouver to Seattle went right along the coast. Really nice. The +1 finished his Rock Lobster race with no problems. He was happy since one Achilles and calf were a bit tight last week before he went up to Maine. He's coming back by car with a couple of others - leaving today, spending the night in CT, then arriving here tomorrow. I'm sure he will be glad to have gotten a goods night's sleep!
Old 06-26-2016, 01:01 AM
Member (Premium)

Later today I'm going to Old Town Alexandria with a friend, to the Torpedo Factory (an art center) and the shops on King St (the main drag), then dinner at Landini Brothers, a fave for years.

Wed is dinner with the ex and his gf, who are visiting from Argentina, and a few others - to a new place up the street (Barley Mac) which has 100 whiskeys, 50 of them bourbons. The food is really good, too. I'm not a bourbon fan, but the +1 got into it before the Bourbon Chase in KY last year, so he'll have some I'm sure. Fri evening is Kinky Boots at the Kennedy Center and Sun the Nats/Reds game.

On the 4th we will be watching the fireworks over the Wash Monument from the condo balcony, and observing all the thousands of people who converge on the grounds of the Iwo Jima across the road. It is one of the days of the year around here when you don't want to be trying to find a parking space anywhere within miles. Many park in the neighborhood to take the Metro downtown to party/watch. Somewhat of a damper has been put on the proceedings by security checks and restrictions on the Mall, but plenty still make the trek.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:47 PM

Should be gorgeous. Our train in May from Vancouver to Seattle went right along the coast. Really nice. The +1 finished his Rock Lobster race with no problems. He was happy since one Achilles and calf were a bit tight last week before he went up to Maine. He's coming back by car with a couple of others - leaving today, spending the night in CT, then arriving here tomorrow. I'm sure he will be glad to have gotten a goods night's sleep!
Please post a picture of his medal when he gets home. I like to see medal ideas.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?