S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 11-21-2015, 08:30 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by jagg
it's always the saddest day of the year, when I put Cloudy in her cage for the winter.
Full of fuel, stabilizer, on a batt tender, and covered up.

It's been a long, beautiful fall, with no signs of giving up the ghost yet.
I figure this means it will turn to winter any minute.

Better safe than sorry. An S in the snow is a scary option.

So long for now old friend.

^ Thats an interesting wrap. Looks like its ready for the oven.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:33 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire
Originally Posted by dlq04' timestamp='1448129579' post='23809138
[quote name='Emil St-Hilaire' timestamp='1448125307' post='23809090']
^^
One shoveling snow...and the other one getting drowned in the pool...in the same country...
Now they are saying 6-10 inches of the white stuff. Quess I better check to see if the snowblower will start.

UPDATE: It's a Honda, so it started on the first pull. Although it has an electric start I have never ever had to use it. Got'a love Honda. BTW we are at 9.5" and it's still coming down.
Dave,pleaseee .....post pics of your snow...
[/quote]

Just a couple before we sent the white stuff your way.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:37 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

I'm sure my nephew in Chicago isn't too happy right now.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:07 AM

Received 792 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire
^^
One shoveling snow...and the other one getting drowned in the pool...in the same country...
Michigan/Florida. Enjoying a nice unseasonably warm Fall here. 65 for Thanksgiving. No complaints yet.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by jagg' timestamp='1448160747' post='23809401
it's always the saddest day of the year, when I put Cloudy in her cage for the winter.
Full of fuel, stabilizer, on a batt tender, and covered up.

It's been a long, beautiful fall, with no signs of giving up the ghost yet.
I figure this means it will turn to winter any minute.

Better safe than sorry. An S in the snow is a scary option.

So long for now old friend.

^ Thats an interesting wrap. Looks like its ready for the oven.
It's ugly, but gets the job done.........was a smart move on my part Saturday.....woke up this morning in the mid twenties with some light snow.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Shoveling snow. We expect 5" and the way its coming down right now, it could be more. It is pretty since its the wet snow that sticks to all the tree branches - - - till they fall and take out the elec.
Good luck. We got snow all day today, but not that much. Gonna shovel in the morning.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:36 PM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
^ Have a wonderful time! I would love to go back to Italy with the +1. His grandparents immigrated from Naples, so I want to go there with him, and to Capri, which I love. And along the Amalfi Coast. And to Rome, Florence, Venice, Lake Como...One of these days.

We had dinner at our local alehouse hangout last night. The +1 has started back with his running club Sat mornings, so he's off running 10 miles as I write. I am not... But I did do some exercise on my mini-trampoline. That thing is great for a small space and I can watch TV which makes it less boring. Doesn't take much to get the heart rate going!
Italy is next on my list. I don't have much interest in seeing Rome or Venice but would love to see Naples,florence,capri,tuscany and of course I would have to head to Modena to see the Ferrari factory.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:38 PM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

No snow in vt yet and doesn't seem to be any coming anytime soon. I daily drove the s this week and this is one of the latest dates into winter I have driven it.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:19 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

The start of a busy Dec - Sat is Tea at the Ritz (put on by my investment company) and Sun Motown the Musical at the National Theater downtown DC. The Motown show did not get that great a review from a plot perspective (supposed to be the life of Berry Gordy), but the music should more than make up for that.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:15 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,003 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Originally Posted by MsPerky' timestamp='1448116608' post='23809019
^ Have a wonderful time! I would love to go back to Italy with the +1. His grandparents immigrated from Naples, so I want to go there with him, and to Capri, which I love. And along the Amalfi Coast. And to Rome, Florence, Venice, Lake Como...One of these days.

We had dinner at our local alehouse hangout last night. The +1 has started back with his running club Sat mornings, so he's off running 10 miles as I write. I am not... But I did do some exercise on my mini-trampoline. That thing is great for a small space and I can watch TV which makes it less boring. Doesn't take much to get the heart rate going!
Italy is next on my list. I don't have much interest in seeing Rome or Venice but would love to see Naples,florence,capri,tuscany and of course I would have to head to Modena to see the Ferrari factory.

We're back...

Spent the week in Rome, with a 2 day/1 night stay in Florence.

Saw many things in Rome, but there's apparently never enough time to see them all. Did a walking food tour one night in the Trastavere section, and then a cooking class with an older Italian woman the night before we left. In Florence, we did a day trip through Tuscany (Siena, San Gimignano, a winery for lunch and ending in Pisa).

Weather didn't cooperate. We were expecting mid-50s. Got high 40s, low 50s most of the week, with mostly clouds and drizzle on several days. Very different than mid 50s and sun!

Have a few 1000 pics to run through. They'll get up eventually.

Hope everyone in the states enjoyed Turkey day.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?