S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 10-31-2015, 08:33 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Time for the S to go to sleep for the next 6 months...
So,changed oil and filter,filled the gas tank,and added stabiliser,washed and waxed,put the cover on,see you in May...
Old 10-31-2015, 02:04 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Waiting for the trick or treaters to show up. Some friends also coming by for Chinese Food. I'll be busy with the door for a while. Down the line, I may just put the candy on the porch.........

Good day today. Halloween Zumba and grabbed some camera time. Maybe I'll post pics later. Company has arrived.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:49 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

It's 6:30am and I'm sitting with my legs dangling off a pier watching the sun rise. My head hurts, my feet stink and I don't love Jesus. Life is good in paradise.

fltsfshr
Old 11-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

We have a two day track event this weekend, at the Texas World Speedway. I've been preparing my S this week. New tires from Tire Rack mounted. Changed brake pads and rotors, swapped out the exhaust, changed fluids, I'm all packed and ready to leave tomorrow. Still have to pack my tools, spare parts, number badges, etc. I'm not pulling the tire trailer this time, so everything will have to fit in the S.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:11 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
We have a two day track event this weekend, at the Texas World Speedway. I've been preparing my S this week. New tires from Tire Rack mounted. Changed brake pads and rotors, swapped out the exhaust, changed fluids, I'm all packed and ready to leave tomorrow. Still have to pack my tools, spare parts, number badges, etc. I'm not pulling the tire trailer this time, so everything will have to fit in the S.
You probably know this but you need to breakin those new tires before going on the track or you'll tear them up quickly.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:25 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

A friend is taking me to lunch at a Greek restaurant tomorrow. Sun the +1 is running a 10K downtown. Nov has been a fairly quiet month for us so far.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:06 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by S1997' timestamp='1446780826' post='23796401
You probably know this but you need to breakin those new tires before going on the track or you'll tear them up quickly.
Yep, that's important! I had Tire Rack heat cycle them before shipping. They are R888s and don't really last very long anyway! I keep them mounted on a separate set of wheels, so usually the swap is not much trouble.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:52 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

So last weekend, we trekked down to Raleigh, for the NC State Homecoming. Friday was a special Engineering Homecoming event, which was very interesting. We had a separate event for those of us who graduated with an Engineering Operations degree, which, BTW, is no longer offered. We each were asked to speak a bit about our lives since graduation, and it was truly amazing the similarities of our work experiences. The degree was initiated at the request of small NC manufacturing firms to provide engineers with a broad understanding of manufacturing, finance, including accounting, and the time-value of money. I must say it sure served me well.

Saturday, we attended the Alumni Tailgate (with great NC BBQ, of course!) before the Homecoming game vs. Clemson. The first half went well, but it was apparent that Clemson truly deserved their #3 ranking, as we were defeated by 2 touchdowns in a game that saw no defense on either side.

Saturday night was another story, unfortunately. About midnight, I became extremely dizzy and nauseous, and I couldn't even stand up to make it to the bathroom. Every time I tried to move, I would throw up. Bea called 911 around 4:00 am, and after the EMT's got me in the ambulance and put me on the heart monitor, they found I was in A-Fib. Luckily, there was an excellent hospital nearby (associated with UNC, our arch-rival, ironically!) They started pumping fluids into me, plus a drip that slowed down my heart rate, and by 9:30 that night (Sunday), my heart converted back to sinus rhythm on its own. If it had not, they were planning to shock it back the next morning. I'm sure glad I didn't have to go through that! Unfortunately, the dizziness remained, though not nearly as bad as before, and with no nausea. They tried some PT to see if the dizziness could be stopped, but, unfortunately, it didn't work. So they released me Tuesday afternoon, and Bea drove us home, stopping half-way in Richmond for the night, since we were both exhausted.

So that's where it stands. I am still slightly dizzy, and walking is more like a stumbling drunk. I am seeing my doctor Monday, so hopefully a solution can be found. Being dependent on someone is a bummer, but I am very lucky that Bea has been there for me, though.

Once again, I suspect the entire cause of this episode was severe dehydration along with too much alcohol. Accordingly, I have sworn off booze for a while. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Old 11-06-2015, 05:27 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Wow, Gene, That sounds a bit scary. Glad you are getting better! Ha ha No booze for you now!!
Old 11-06-2015, 05:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Hope you are better soon. Hard to function with dizziness. My mother had a-fib for many years. It really wasn't too bad, but she did get the shock treatment a couple of times. That is a bit scary. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?