S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 09-28-2015, 02:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

^ Thanks.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:08 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Well, the weekend was wonderful. Mother's burial at Arlington Cemetery was unlike any before. The rep allowed us to view the interment of the urn. After that we were free to make our remarks and hang out for as long as we wanted, which ended up being more than an hour. That never happens because at burials during the week, they move them along with military precision (which happened with my dad's, lasting about 14 minutes total). Sat burials are different. Only allow urns on Sat and there are no honor guards, etc. One friend who was there said it was the best he had ever attended. Many people spoke after my brother's, sister's and my remarks. At the memorial dinner last night, more shared memories. Mother and Dad would have been very pleased.

Today many of us went out to the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum at Dulles, a very cool place. I took pics, so will post a few tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:34 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

This past weekend turned out to be a busy one. Saturday evening we had dinner with friends and watched a movie.

Yesterday I visited with my brother who has not been well at all. Hoping he's on the road to recovery.

Rick was busy giving his Subaru a coat of wax for the winter so I was on my own. I headed out with my camera towards the water. Saw a real cutie out with her Dad and asked if he minded if I took a few of her. I was pleased with them. After that I walked on the new walkway over the hurricane dike, totally enjoying the beautiful weather and being so close to the water. Simple pleasures in life are sometimes the best.

Here's the walkway.

Back home to play with pics, and we headed out around six to watch the sunset (see eclipse pic thread) and grab dinner. Later on I set up the tripod on the deck to grab a couple shots of the eclipse. I love getting "lost" in my hobby.

Weekend was OVER.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:00 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks
According to my bike’s CycleOps computer we traveled 87.8 miles with a gross climb of 7,156 ft. Our maximum altitude was 11,325 ft.

gary
Wow! Great work.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:37 AM
Member (Premium)

Pretty much all the relatives leave today. I think the +1 is running the Wilson Bridge half marathon on Sun AM. It's one of the best in the country because it starts at Mount Vernon and comes up the GW Parkway. Very scenic. Sat evening we are seeing Stevie Wonder in concert. Should be great!!
Old 09-28-2015, 09:21 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
I'll be cycling 90 miles this weekend in the BikeMS Waves to Wine event. 50 Saturday, 40 Sunday. Weather is looking good, and it's always a great event.
D-U-N done! I'll post up the Strava info when I can.

This year, they changed the courses up from year previous. . . and I'd say the 20 miler was (guesstimating here- I rode a longer route) probably do-able on the ElliptiGos. Otherwise, I dismounted twice Saturday, and once Sunday . On those three hills, I saw people dismounting, and chose to join the herd (restraint being the better part. . .). Even then, went anaerobic walking the bike up one hill, so take that as you will.

Thanks to you all for the well-wishes, and thanks to the folks that donated. I'm going to try and get the formal thank yous out soon, but am heading to Florida on Wednesday for a few days. . .
Old 09-28-2015, 08:19 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

This past weekend was busy and fun. I did this... https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/113...t__p__23760012
Old 09-29-2015, 05:12 AM
Member (Premium)

Couple of pics from the weekend. Our dear Granny came to Mother's burial.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:17 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Love these pics, MsP. Since the weekend forecast is not a good one for outdoor activity, we decided to run over to Brookgreen Gardens today. We walked a lot (I took Jim's walker) and then we had lunch at the Pavilion Restaurant at Brookgreen. We enjoyed some yum, yum, yummy fried green tomatoes and had a delightful lunch under the shade of a giant live oak dripping with spanish moss. We walked a little more and then headed home. Wonderful day. Almost as soon as we got home the thunder started, so I'm glad we chose to head over there today.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:23 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
Love these pics, MsP. Since the weekend forecast is not a good one for outdoor activity, we decided to run over to Brookgreen Gardens today. We walked a lot (I took Jim's walker) and then we had lunch at the Pavilion Restaurant at Brookgreen. We enjoyed some yum, yum, yummy fried green tomatoes and had a delightful lunch under the shade of a giant live oak dripping with spanish moss. We walked a little more and then headed home. Wonderful day. Almost as soon as we got home the thunder started, so I'm glad we chose to head over there today.
Sounds like you had a really good day. Reminded me of one of our visits to Jacksonville and spending it walking in a park with dripping moss - not much of that in Michigan.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?