S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 09-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

^9-26-2015. We had a fun group ride in San Diego this morning with a tasty lunch afterwards at Stone Brewing Co Bistro. We had a couple of newbies with us who did great. One got a rear flat but our organizer, Chris, got it fixed for her and we finished the ride.

25.2 mi Distance
2:17:15 Moving Time
976 ft elevation gain

Strava Ride Data
Old 09-26-2015, 07:47 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1443295437' post='23758592
I've had the Jeep over a year and a half and this is the first time I washed it myself.
Shame, shame, shame. Donna is responsible for doing the routine things on her car. She sometimes washes it by hand and other times takes it to the car wash. She schedules her own oil changes. I only get involved when she spots issues. I do help her out with most of the annual polishing but I don't let her totally off. In fact, she gotten so responsible for her car that she drives me nuts when it comes to checking the tire pressures...... which she checks way more then I do on my stuff. The last time her tires were down all of 0.5 pounds (get the idea). Actually, I'm proud how good she is at taking care of her car - even if it does smell of horse stuff.
Well since Rick works at the dealership, I don't have to worry about scheduling oil changes...Rick deals with the car stuff, I deal with prescriptions, fiances and scheduling our social calendar.

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1443295437' post='23758592
Just added washed my own car to the list. Rick has plenty on his "to do" list and my Jeep was looking sad.

Hand washed and dried. Got a bit of a workout as I need the step stool to reach the roof and the hood.

I'm sure it's not up to "car guy" specs, but it's clean, not loaded with water spots and the bird mess is gone.

I've had the Jeep over a year and a half and this is the first time I washed it myself.
Or car girl specs, I'm sure. I've never taken my cars to a car wash. I don't even want anyone else to hand wash my cars. I'm particular that way.
Our car(s) only go a car wash in when it's just too cold out to wash cars at home (you don't get that kind of cold, Patricia). When the snow and salt must be removed, off to the car wash we go. Just the non touch car wash of course.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:56 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Well since Rick works at the dealership, I don't have to worry about scheduling oil changes...Rick deals with the car stuff, I deal with prescriptions, fiances and scheduling our social calendar.
At least you take care of the important stuff. That's my job too.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:12 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Two of my cyclist friends and I mimicked the "Leadville Loop" yesterday which is also known as the “Copper Triangle Ride”. It was a beautiful ride with the Aspens in their fall colors.

I haven’t cycled as much as years past and it showed – I was exhausted when I reached the summit of Fremont Pass outside of Leadville, CO.

The ride began at the Copper Mountain Resort over Fremont Pass past the Climax Molybdenum mine into the town of Leadville. It then descends until climbing Tennessee Pass and Battle Mountain Pass into Minturn, CO, the lowest point of the ride. The ride then ascended Vail Pass where we dropped back into the Copper Mountain Resort.

According to my bike’s CycleOps computer we traveled 87.8 miles with a gross climb of 7,156 ft. Our maximum altitude was 11,325 ft.

gary

Old 09-27-2015, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by skunkworks
Two of my cyclist friends and I mimicked the "Leadville Loop" yesterday which is also known as the “Copper Triangle Ride”. It was a beautiful ride with the Aspens in their fall colors.

I haven’t cycled as much as years past and it showed – I was exhausted when I reached the summit of Fremont Pass outside of Leadville, CO.

The ride began at the Copper Mountain Resort over Fremont Pass past the Climax Molybdenum mine into the town of Leadville. It then descends until climbing Tennessee Pass and Battle Mountain Pass into Minturn, CO, the lowest point of the ride. The ride then ascended Vail Pass where we dropped back into the Copper Mountain Resort.

According to my bike’s CycleOps computer we traveled 87.8 miles with a gross climb of 7,156 ft. Our maximum altitude was 11,325 ft.

gary
That wore me out just reading it. Better man than me.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:30 PM

I spent the day in the garage with numerous other car club members working on a young guy's MGB. Sadly it was one of those car's that a decent paint job that hide a really rusted out piece of crap. But we got his engine & trans fluid changed, new rebound straps on the rear axle, etc. At the last one they set his valves, timing, plugs, etc. The one before that we got his brakes all working.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Well, the weekend was wonderful. Mother's burial at Arlington Cemetery was unlike any before. The rep allowed us to view the interment of the urn. After that we were free to make our remarks and hang out for as long as we wanted, which ended up being more than an hour. That never happens because at burials during the week, they move them along with military precision (which happened with my dad's, lasting about 14 minutes total). Sat burials are different. Only allow urns on Sat and there are no honor guards, etc. One friend who was there said it was the best he had ever attended. Many people spoke after my brother's, sister's and my remarks. At the memorial dinner last night, more shared memories. Mother and Dad would have been very pleased.

Today many of us went out to the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum at Dulles, a very cool place. I took pics, so will post a few tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Sounds like a successful memonial day! May your mother and father rest in peace.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:57 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks

gary
Wow! What a ride. We rode (or should I say coasted) from Vail Pass thru Cooper MT to Frisco. It was a lot of fun.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by S1997
Sounds like a successful memonial day! May your mother and father rest in peace.
I'll second that.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?