S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 09-24-2015, 10:43 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie' timestamp='1443063466' post='23756242
I'll be cycling 90 miles this weekend in the BikeMS Waves to Wine event. 50 Saturday, 40 Sunday. Weather is looking good, and it's always a great event.
^Sounds like a fun ride that even I could manage on my ElliptiGO. I'll give you a donation if you put up your link.

Patty (and others),
More than happy to post the link: http://bit.ly/1Dr6BoN - any amount is genuinely appreciated, especially since I know a lot of folks on here make major contributions to a myriad of good causes.

And yes, the course seems generally do-able on ElliptiGOs. Last year, I saw one out on the 40 mile course. Definitely something to consider. BikeMS has events all around the U.S., so there really is something for everyone on here.

Saturday, I'm driving down to San Diego to do a fun ride with other ElliptiGO owners. Sept. 26th is a Free Entrance to National parks day, so we'll be riding into Cabrillo National Monument and then having lunch afterward.
Let me know how it goes. Joy (my gf) has really taken to cycling; so any chance to get around the state and maybe get a ride would sound like a great idea.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:43 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1443108284' post='23756663
[quote name='Legal Bill' timestamp='1443062297' post='23756235']
Fishing Saturday with childhood friends. Fishing Sunday with my grandson and his father.
Have fun, Bill! We need to meet up for dinner when your Cape Cod season/fishing season is over!

Agreed. The next weekend we have my son's wedding in New Hampshire. We are very excited about that.
[/quote]
Congrats sir!
Old 09-24-2015, 10:58 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Thank you!
Old 09-24-2015, 02:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1443109765' post='23756714
[quote name='UnkieTrunkie' timestamp='1443063466' post='23756242']
I'll be cycling 90 miles this weekend in the BikeMS Waves to Wine event. 50 Saturday, 40 Sunday. Weather is looking good, and it's always a great event.
^Sounds like a fun ride that even I could manage on my ElliptiGO. I'll give you a donation if you put up your link.

Patty (and others),
More than happy to post the link: http://bit.ly/1Dr6BoN - any amount is genuinely appreciated, especially since I know a lot of folks on here make major contributions to a myriad of good causes.

And yes, the course seems generally do-able on ElliptiGOs. Last year, I saw one out on the 40 mile course. Definitely something to consider. BikeMS has events all around the U.S., so there really is something for everyone on here.

Saturday, I'm driving down to San Diego to do a fun ride with other ElliptiGO owners. Sept. 26th is a Free Entrance to National parks day, so we'll be riding into Cabrillo National Monument and then having lunch afterward.
Let me know how it goes. Joy (my gf) has really taken to cycling; so any chance to get around the state and maybe get a ride would sound like a great idea.
[/quote]
We did the same ride last year on the free entrance day. It went very well so Saturday is the second time we're GOing.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:14 PM
Member (Premium)

I hope you share a photo or two from your son's wedding, Bill. My son got married on June 13th and is currently in the Chicago area for his wife's sister's wedding.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by robb' timestamp='1443108376' post='23756667
I SHOULD start getting ready for winter but I really don't feel like it.
I bought a new jacket. Does that count as getting ready for winter?

I actually need to shop (don't like shopping) for one more heavier coat. I think my other one has had it after all the use it got last year.

We also need a new snow blower...........
I know Rick has his shoulders issues otherwise I'd say this might be a good winter to risk going without one and buying next year.
An El Niño winter tends to be much warmer and wetter than most other winters.
There's a good chance we won't get much, if any, snow at all
Old 09-24-2015, 03:45 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1443108514' post='23756675
[quote name='robb' timestamp='1443108376' post='23756667']
I SHOULD start getting ready for winter but I really don't feel like it.

I actually need to shop (don't like shopping) for one more heavier coat. I think my other one has had it after all the use it got last year.

I know Rick has his shoulders issues otherwise I'd say this might be a good winter to risk going without one and buying next year.
An El Niño winter tends to be much warmer and wetter than most other winters.
There's a good chance we won't get much, if any, snow at all
[/quote]
We have a plan. Our son has the same snowblower as we do. His needs some work/spare parts. Dad/Rick will deal with that. We'll get a new one. Rick is not ready to go with a self propelled one yet, but when he does, we'll pass the newer one on to our son and get the "big" boy snow blower.

PS We are OK if a snowblower sits in the shed all winter. It may help prompt the snow gods to move on by without stopping!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I hope you share a photo or two from your son's wedding, Bill. My son got married on June 13th and is currently in the Chicago area for his wife's sister's wedding.
Ok Patty. I'll try. They are going unconventional so the picture may not look like a wedding scene.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:07 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1443132860' post='23757082
Ok Patty. I'll try. They are going unconventional so the picture may not look like a wedding scene.
All the better. My son's sister-in-law is gay and will be the one in the suit. She's a cutie.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:28 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey

Lainey, do you ever buy from Lands End? I love their coats and have one that's about 20 years-old. It's my warmest coat and I wear it in the freezing weather at Kennedy Meadows when I have a campfire. I've washed it many times when the smell of smoke on it gets too strong. It comes out great and still looks new.

There is a sale on right now, for 30% off. I highly recommend their coats.

"Receive 30% off regularly priced merchandise online, in-store or by phone (excludes buy more and save pricing, gift cards, monogramming, embroidery, gift boxing, shipping, taxes, duties, Lands’ End Business Outfitters purchases and excluded items as marked). Discount will be applied at checkout. This offer has no cash value and is not redeemable for cash. 4-6 business day delivery to most addresses. Promotional savings may be deducted from returns. Offer valid through 11:59 p.m. Central, September 29, 2015."

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?