S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 06-24-2015, 12:26 PM

Member (Premium)

Received 174 Likes on 102 Posts

Thanks, it doesn't seem that long ago. I still remember our first date which was a month before her prom.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:52 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Congrats on the 35 year milestone, what you guys do, get married at 16?
Levi
Old 06-24-2015, 01:10 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Went to work today and found a pile of trash in the parking lot. Then there was no power when I hit the light switch. Turns out the complex had a fire about 6pm yesterday and my building has no power, no internet, no phones and at first, no water. It could be a week before it is all back on, so maybe I should take a trip? No damage to office, it was all electrical panel and close proximity to that, at the end of the building.
I have access to work emails and phone messages from home but not all my computer work which is 99% of what I need to accomplish anything.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

That sucks. You can't pull your server and take it home? No remote files option? Hope they get it fixed soon.
Hang in there Dean.
Glad it wasn't on your end of the building.

fltsfshr
Old 06-24-2015, 02:31 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Yep, I think that is a signal you need to take a trip.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
Went to work today and found a pile of trash in the parking lot. Then there was no power when I hit the light switch. Turns out the complex had a fire about 6pm yesterday and my building has no power, no internet, no phones and at first, no water. It could be a week before it is all back on, so maybe I should take a trip? No damage to office, it was all electrical panel and close proximity to that, at the end of the building.
I have access to work emails and phone messages from home but not all my computer work which is 99% of what I need to accomplish anything.
"what's that God?. I should take a week off?"
If only there were a clear sign....

and put in a claim for lost revenue while you're out due to the fire.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1435108599' post='23658204
[quote name='RMurphy' timestamp='1435033407' post='23656970']
[quote name='Lainey' timestamp='1434766611' post='23654276']
Murph? Camping? Better you than me! Actually, you couldn't give me $ to camp.
The Jeeping part was fun. The camping part was okay. I felt very out of place and uncomfortable with the people we were camping with though. I certainly expected them to be a bit more salt of the earth than me, but they were perhaps just a little bit too salty or too earthy or maybe a whole lot too much of both that weekend for me. Moderation in all things is a good thing.

I could very much enjoy camping alone with Don someplace quiet and peaceful. It would have been quite romantic, actually. Well, except for the mummy-style sleeping bags.
Too salty and too earthy....camping folks.

Don't they make sleeping bags in a double...like a double bed??
[/quote]

One can get rectangular sleeping bags and zip them together. Or, since we had an air mattress (like the kinds some people have in spare rooms for guests), we could just travel with regular sheets and blankets, I suppose.

My biggest concern regarding the social environment was I was starting to feel like I had stumbled into Burningman Campground Edition, but with less organization. I'm all for people living whatever lifestyle they choose, but if that's on the agenda, then it might have been nice to know ahead of time. It was awkward. Very awkward. Things always felt to me like they were just one drink away from stepping over a line and I really didn't want to be part of that. It is unlikely we will be camping with that group again. The details would take too long to write, but believe me, it would make an excellent story. It was like certain members of the group stopped emotional progression at 13. Pair that up with.... no, I need to stop. Suffice to say I didn't care for the overall dynamic of the camping group.
[/quote]

Burning Man Camping
^Oh! You're talking about Burning Man! I've never been and have no desire. I get what you're talking about, though. For around 33 years, I was camping with my boyfriend/husband, at desert motorcycle races or play weekends. One group he hooked up with were quite into Percocets mixed with alcohol. Some of the women/moms where having some major drama/fights. I was very uncomfortable with them and having my children there, and refused to go camp in their circle again. My (ex) husband was not backing me because he was out having decent rides with the other men.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:52 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Yes Fltsfshr I can unplug my computer and take it home. Have terrible internet service here though. To be honest, I'm not that busy that a few days will matter.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:03 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

I'm fighting off bronchitis that I got 10 day ago from my son at his wedding. I finally went to the doctor last night, after I got tired of coughing my head off all day, and was prescribed antibiotics, prednisone and albuterol (inhaler). My daughter is having arthroscopic lateral release knee surgery on Friday, so I'm going to stay with her for 9 days while she recovers and then wants my company while she stays home from the zoo. I hate to leave my cats for that long. They do get pissy after a couple of days. Of course, they'll be looked after.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:54 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by RMurphy' timestamp='1435165671' post='23658961
[quote name='Lainey' timestamp='1435108599' post='23658204']
[quote name='RMurphy' timestamp='1435033407' post='23656970']
[quote name='Lainey' timestamp='1434766611' post='23654276']
Murph? Camping? Better you than me! Actually, you couldn't give me $ to camp.
The Jeeping part was fun. The camping part was okay. I felt very out of place and uncomfortable with the people we were camping with though. I certainly expected them to be a bit more salt of the earth than me, but they were perhaps just a little bit too salty or too earthy or maybe a whole lot too much of both that weekend for me. Moderation in all things is a good thing.

I could very much enjoy camping alone with Don someplace quiet and peaceful. It would have been quite romantic, actually. Well, except for the mummy-style sleeping bags.
Too salty and too earthy....camping folks.

Don't they make sleeping bags in a double...like a double bed??
[/quote]

One can get rectangular sleeping bags and zip them together. Or, since we had an air mattress (like the kinds some people have in spare rooms for guests), we could just travel with regular sheets and blankets, I suppose.

My biggest concern regarding the social environment was I was starting to feel like I had stumbled into Burningman Campground Edition, but with less organization. I'm all for people living whatever lifestyle they choose, but if that's on the agenda, then it might have been nice to know ahead of time. It was awkward. Very awkward. Things always felt to me like they were just one drink away from stepping over a line and I really didn't want to be part of that. It is unlikely we will be camping with that group again. The details would take too long to write, but believe me, it would make an excellent story. It was like certain members of the group stopped emotional progression at 13. Pair that up with.... no, I need to stop. Suffice to say I didn't care for the overall dynamic of the camping group.
[/quote]

Burning Man Camping
^Oh! You're talking about Burning Man! I've never been and have no desire. I get what you're talking about, though. For around 33 years, I was camping with my boyfriend/husband, at desert motorcycle races or play weekends. One group he hooked up with were quite into Percocets mixed with alcohol. Some of the women/moms where having some major drama/fights. I was very uncomfortable with them and having my children there, and refused to go camp in their circle again. My (ex) husband was not backing me because he was out having decent rides with the other men.
[/quote]

Yeah, I feel like I'm being "that girl" when I voice my concerns on this one. I believe we will find a way to work it out. There are so many off-roading clubs around that it shouldn't be difficult to find one we are comfortable camping with. It's just that I've been around the block enough times to know what kinds of things can be a recipe for disaster in multiple ways... and this group has enough of them in their little camping group that I gotta say what's on my mind if I want this relationship to last.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?