S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 06-21-2015, 12:55 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Nats game today. Gonna be a hot one (90s) and sticky. How bout Max Scherzer!! I think that guy put his elbow down to deprive him of the perfect game yesterday, but it was an amazing performance for the no hitter. He just pitched a one hitter a few days ago. Awesome! Appears the Nats are getting their money's worth with him.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:24 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Thaks for the well wishes I feel I'm over it have been back in my normal routine. As they say everything happens for a reason as I am getting older I choose this opportunity to get a regular doctor and found out I have high blood pressure and am also borderline diabetic so instead of ignoring these things I am getting treated for them. I take this all as part of getting older or more vintage.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:30 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Just got back from a leisurely stroll down the beach. Walked about 4 miles fly rod in hand. Getting ready to leave for Nashville.

Hope it's fun.

fltsfshr
Old 06-21-2015, 07:12 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Thaks for the well wishes I feel I'm over it have been back in my normal routine. As they say everything happens for a reason as I am getting older I choose this opportunity to get a regular doctor and found out I have high blood pressure and am also borderline diabetic so instead of ignoring these things I am getting treated for them. I take this all as part of getting older or more vintage.
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling better, glad to hear you are on the road to "normal." Being Vintage ain't for sissies!
Old 06-21-2015, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by robb' timestamp='1434893094' post='23655190
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling better, glad to hear you are on the road to "normal." Being Vintage ain't for sissies!
Thanks Lainey my father always tells me not to get old but I'm not sure if I like the alternative! I just showed them the pic of your windshield they were
Old 06-21-2015, 01:51 PM

Just spent the last couple of hours trying (unsuccessfully) to get my indoor cat back inside from the great outdoors. Someone (me) decided to clean windows today. I was very careful to close doors to the rooms I was working in; and not give the cat an opportunity to escape. BUT after the last window, I got distracted, forgot to close it and the screen.........cat made her exit.

She's hanging around the yard, exploring, but I still want her indoors soon. She's not street smart.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Just spent the last couple of hours trying (unsuccessfully) to get my indoor cat back inside from the great outdoors. Someone (me) decided to clean windows today. I was very careful to close doors to the rooms I was working in; and not give the cat an opportunity to escape. BUT after the last window, I got distracted, forgot to close it and the screen.........cat made her exit.

She's hanging around the yard, exploring, but I still want her indoors soon. She's not street smart.
She's in. She is a "tortie" and the vet tells us torties do things on THEIR terms. The vet is right. The cat started coming up on the deck. I was trying to tempt her with tuna, but she would not come near. She's still skittish. We finally left the back door open and walked away from it. She waltzed in on her terms. It was her dinner time.

She has us well trained.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Good kitty! I'll bet she really enjoyed herself. I used to let mine out once in a while but Talia would get up on the wall and I didn't like worrying about not getting her back in.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Good kitty! I'll bet she really enjoyed herself. I used to let mine out once in a while but Talia would get up on the wall and I didn't like worrying about not getting her back in.
She did, Patty. I still feel bad that she doesn't get to explore, but she is safer inside. Our other two cats were indoor/outdoor cats and both had fights with other animals requiring surgery, ate stuff that gave them worms, etc. Yes, inside is safer and easier.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:04 PM

Sounds like your cat has control issues Laney! Glad she made it back in safe.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?