S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What town would be your ideal place to relocate to?

Old 09-28-2003, 02:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper
Old 09-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OhioRacer
Old 09-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,161 Posts

You could tell them what I did, "Pay me out or go to jail. Your choice."
Old 09-28-2003, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 . Miami
2. Houton or Forth Worth
Old 09-28-2003, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

paS2k,

Whidbey Island, Wa is a very real island and not a penisula. It is separated on the north end by a channel called appropriately Deception Pass. Its not a trivial channel since most people would die trying to swim the channel. Cold and exceptionally strong currents.

Retirement location favorites in Washington are Sequim, Port Townsend, the Anacortes area, and the Bellingham area. Basically anyway near water.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:53 PM

I was cruising around Whidbey a couple of weekends ago. The jet fighters from the base were drowning out my vtecing.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:56 PM

Well, we already did it, found our perfect place and moved there: Phoenix. My family has been everywhere in the US while living in the midwest We wanted to move West to escape the high humidity of the East. The West also has spectacular landscape and less-traveled open roads for car nuts. At the same time, my wife & I were tired of dealing with winter, so the Southwest was elected. While you can move way out somewhere with the coyotes and rattlesnakes, we craved the amenities of a big city. Places like Prescott and Flagstaff are small, somewhat shop-worn, and get down below 0 in the winter.
So we retired in 2000 and moved to the Phoenix metro area, which has a population of about 3.5 million, sports, plays, concerts, museums, shopping, great restaurants, and golfing everywhere. We found a subdivision in one of the suburbs; our neighborhood is in the foothills overlooking the city lights. It's dead quiet out in the yard but we're less than 30min. away from any attraction.
The dreaded Phoenix summers? Yep, the temps were around 115 during July & August, but things are cooling down now--we sleep with the bedroom patio door open. Coming from the midwest, I'd say the summers here are more bearable, since the humidity runs around 10-20%. June-Sept. are spent with the A/C on, but that leaves Oct.-May with the house open. The worst it gets in winter is occasional rain and temps ranging from 60 day - 50 night. If we want snow, mountains and ponderosa pine forests (with skiing) are only a couple of hours away by car.
The area's cost of living is no more than average, about the same as we experienced in the rural midwest. Ex., our electric bill here is $60/ month; real estate taxes run about $1400/ year. The plate for the S does run $400/year, tho.
Attitudes here are friendly and casual; no one ever honks a horn, even. Except for the outlaw element, nobody seems to get upset about much of anything, nor do they approve many taxes. All in all, it's everything we could want, and the spectacular drives around the state!
Jerry, I don't know anything about Civano, and the website didn't seem to reveal where it is in Tucson. That city is OK, but some areas are run-down, as is Phoenix. Our utility usage is so low, that we didn't need to look for anything special in that regard. Tucson isn't as large a cultural base as Phoenix, being a much smaller city.
Old 09-29-2003, 12:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jrfblueeyes
... Where do you want to spend the rest of your vintage years? I'm thinking of Utah.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedondoS2K
Old 09-29-2003, 04:24 AM

Originally posted by The Professor
Well, we already did it, found our perfect place and moved there: Phoenix. My family has been everywhere in the US while living in the midwest We wanted to move West to escape the high humidity of the East. The West also has spectacular landscape and less-traveled open roads for car nuts. At the same time, my wife & I were tired of dealing with winter, so the Southwest was elected. While you can move way out somewhere with the coyotes and rattlesnakes, we craved the amenities of a big city. Places like Prescott and Flagstaff are small, somewhat shop-worn, and get down below 0 in the winter.
So we retired in 2000 and moved to the Phoenix metro area, which has a population of about 3.5 million, sports, plays, concerts, museums, shopping, great restaurants, and golfing everywhere. We found a subdivision in one of the suburbs; our neighborhood is in the foothills overlooking the city lights. It's dead quiet out in the yard but we're less than 30min. away from any attraction.
The dreaded Phoenix summers? Yep, the temps were around 115 during July & August, but things are cooling down now--we sleep with the bedroom patio door open. Coming from the midwest, I'd say the summers here are more bearable, since the humidity runs around 10-20%. June-Sept. are spent with the A/C on, but that leaves Oct.-May with the house open. The worst it gets in winter is occasional rain and temps ranging from 60 day - 50 night. If we want snow, mountains and ponderosa pine forests (with skiing) are only a couple of hours away by car.
The area's cost of living is no more than average, about the same as we experienced in the rural midwest. Ex., our electric bill here is $60/ month; real estate taxes run about $1400/ year. The plate for the S does run $400/year, tho.
Attitudes here are friendly and casual; no one ever honks a horn, even. Except for the outlaw element, nobody seems to get upset about much of anything, nor do they approve many taxes. All in all, it's everything we could want, and the spectacular drives around the state!
Jerry, I don't know anything about Civano, and the website didn't seem to reveal where it is in Tucson. That city is OK, but some areas are run-down, as is Phoenix. Our utility usage is so low, that we didn't need to look for anything special in that regard. Tucson isn't as large a cultural base as Phoenix, being a much smaller city.
I personlly like Phoenix. I was born there. However, it has changed so much since those days. Sprawling and there must be a reason. The heat is a drawback. Remedy? Just stay inside and crank up the A/C. It's just the opposite of the cold but dealt with in a similar fashion. You acclimate and stay inside. I think there is an airport where I was born. S. 18th place is gone. I guess. Remember to shake out your boots before you put them on!

Quick Reply: What town would be your ideal place to relocate to?