S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 04-02-2020, 05:18 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Thanks...took that one in January. The view is always changing. Best pics are sunrise and sunset.

This one is not the greatest photo quality, but you can see what often happens at sunset after a rain, which moves east and creates the gray backdrop for the rainbows - in this case a double!!

Old 04-02-2020, 05:57 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,140 Likes on 771 Posts

Think I'm going to stay home this weekend. For some reason, there doesn't seem to be much going on.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:08 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I might go down the Cape to the Boat Loft and spend the weekend doing boat maintenance. There's no one in there but me.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:09 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

I finally got my S2000 back yesterday after 9 months sitting in the shop. It now has a brand new engine and is in great shape overall! The mechanics actually delivered it to my driveway. So I will be driving it on some twisty roads this weekend for some routine tests. Today I will be thoroughly washing, sanitizing and disinfecting the entire interior and exterior. I'm happy that I didn't sell it, even though it now has to sit outside until I can take it to the garage in Colorado. Haha if I make it through the pandemic... LOL But seriously, stay safe everybody!!
Old 04-02-2020, 06:14 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Jim, when you back from the drive you will have to tell us the story you promised that brought about the new engine.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:14 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

I am glad you didn't sell it, either! I may go for a ride myself. But I would have to go out a ways to find the twisties. Have to settle for dreaming and turning the radio way up!
Old 04-02-2020, 06:59 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Thanks...took that one in January. The view is always changing. Best pics are sunrise and sunset.

This one is not the greatest photo quality, but you can see what often happens at sunset after a rain, which moves east and creates the gray backdrop for the rainbows - in this case a double!!

Have to be in the right place at the right time with your camera ready to get that shot
Old 04-02-2020, 07:27 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
^I'm only up because I spent the better part of the evening (lke 4 hours) at the ER because Bea tripped and face-planted on our front walk. First was Express Care, where they stictched up the gash above her left eye (6 stitches,) then sent her to the ER for a CatScan and wrist X-ray. (Both negative.) The ER is a remote of a local hospital, so they had to send the tests to the main location to be read. Because of the virus, I was not permitted to accompany her or to even wait in the waiting room. So, I cooled my heels in the car. When we got home, and she took her Tylenol to ease the pain, I decided it was time for some adult beverages, which is where I am now.
Yikes. Sorry I missed this Gene. I'm not a regular reader of the weekend thread. I hope Bea is recovering from her fall. Please give her our best.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:33 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky

Is that the Treasury Department at the end of the rainbow?
Old 04-02-2020, 07:41 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,003 Likes on 519 Posts

I've got a remote dart tournament Saturday. Someone in Florida is setting it up... We use an electronic scoring system that allows each of the players to score and see the match as we're playing it. The tablet to the left in the picture has that on it.

We use discord to video the two players. We focus on our dartboards and share the image. That's my phone, with a spring clamp hanging from string attached to my ceiling joists. The bungee cord is used to manage the angle to my dartboard. I have a gooseneck clamp on order that should help.

We'll see how it goes. The overall dart community has adjusted. Our in house individuals league is now online instead of the bar. There's a 3v3 remote league I've joined - they filled 32 teams in 2 days, and this remote tournament is being capped at 512- I'm guessing 200 when all done. It's pretty incredible how people have adapted.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?