S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 09-01-2024, 04:23 PM

Received 1,006 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Hope Michael feels better. I've been "off" for a couple of days. Took a little nap in my chair yesterday which I never do. Felt OK this AM, a little lightheaded but not bad. Went to the gym, easy class. Home for a bit and felt lightheaded, dizzy, and "off." Took a two hour nap! Feeling OK now...not sure what this is about.

Ally is coming over later for dinner. I gave her the option to re-schedule. She didn't take it. Guess she's exposed to so many germs at work she's not concerned.

We are supposed to hang with some friends tomorrow. We will see how I feel.

BTW, free Covid tests will be available to all in September.
Lainey, I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling quite right.

I know that you exercise a lot and eat healthy food.

Do you think that it is possible that your blood pressure might be getting too low?

You haven't recently added a new medicine or changed dosage on any other medicine, have you?

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 09-01-2024, 05:59 PM

Received 3,176 Likes on 1,832 Posts

Hi, Sue. Thanks for your concern. BP is fine. I gave it a check earlier. No new meds. Feel pretty good tonight. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Ally was here for dinner. We had a nice visit with her. She got a slot working as a nurse in the ICU, will start that position towards the end of September. It's been one of her goals and required time has to be spent working in ICU environment before she can apply to continue her education. Her goal is still nurse anesthetist.

Last edited by Lainey; 09-01-2024 at 06:01 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lainey:
jukngene (09-02-2024), Kyras (09-01-2024)
Old 09-02-2024, 04:01 AM

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts

Headed to Cape May today to visit friends in Avalon. We take the Lewes to Cape May ferry over and back and our friends pick us up and take us back tomorrow. Cost is $28. Round trip for both of us. The ferry ride is beautiful.
Old 09-02-2024, 04:05 AM

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Hi, Sue. Thanks for your concern. BP is fine. I gave it a check earlier. No new meds. Feel pretty good tonight. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Ally was here for dinner. We had a nice visit with her. She got a slot working as a nurse in the ICU, will start that position towards the end of September. It's been one of her goals and required time has to be spent working in ICU environment before she can apply to continue her education. Her goal is still nurse anesthetist.
That is a great career. We need nurses. My granddaughter is attending Alabama and is in their nursing program. She wants to be an OR nurse but will also have to work in the ICU unit.
The following users liked this post:
Lainey (09-02-2024)
Old 09-02-2024, 05:32 AM

Received 3,740 Likes on 2,644 Posts

We are finishing up a graduation party for our son, my wife's family was able to attend from out of town. My mother-in-law came and it was special having her as we weren't sure she would even be alive given the medical challenges she faced this year. She is stable now, and with us having a single floor bungalow home she was ale to move around safely given her mobility issues. My wife went crazy with graduation decorations, I think she had been stocking up in past months (thanks to Amazon) and keeping them out of my view lol, tons of decorations all around the home and exterior yard. Everyone enjoyed the food too.
The following 5 users liked this post by zeroptzero:
buckeyesue (09-02-2024), Heyitsgary (09-02-2024), Lainey (09-02-2024), robb (09-02-2024), valentine (09-03-2024)
Old 09-02-2024, 05:46 AM

Received 2,936 Likes on 1,739 Posts

Very good news about your MIL. That was really touch and go for awhile.
The following 2 users liked this post by MsPerky:
buckeyesue (09-02-2024), valentine (09-03-2024)
Old 09-02-2024, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Very good news about your MIL. That was really touch and go for awhile.
Thank you very much for the kind thoughts. I will always remember the support from members on this forum, mostly people I don't even know, so that was very kind. Honestly we fully expected my MIL to be in very bad shape or worse, based on her rapid rate of deterioration in past months. Thankfully it all stabilized and just having her stable is a blessing. Getting her out of the hospital gave her the will to keep living I think. She was at a point of desperation in the hospital, and I know many people will give up at that point and lose their will to live. We were very afraid it would spiral downwards but we got her out of the hospital and back into her home, it was a very positive change for her and her medication was perfected after many months of experimenting with different drugs.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 09-02-2024 at 05:25 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by zeroptzero:
buckeyesue (09-02-2024), noodels (09-02-2024), valentine (09-03-2024)
Old 09-02-2024, 04:38 PM

Received 3,467 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
We are finishing up a graduation party for our son, my wife's family was able to attend from out of town. My mother-in-law came and it was special having her as we weren't sure she would even be alive given the medical challenges she faced this year. She is stable now, and with us having a single floor bungalow home she was ale to move around safely given her mobility issues. My wife went crazy with graduation decorations, I think she had been stocking up in past months (thanks to Amazon) and keeping them out of my view lol, tons of decorations all around the home and exterior yard. Everyone enjoyed the food too.
i was just wondering about your mother-in-law and what the medium said about her.
Old 09-02-2024, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
i was just wondering about your mother-in-law and what the medium said about her.
I always preface my medium reports with a comment that this may sound crazy or impossible to those who don't believe in the afterlife and the ability of legitimate mediums to channel spirits. I know there may be many bad mediums or fakes out there, but we are 100% convinced that our medium contact is legit. I know that I don't have to say that to you Patty as you are a believer.

On the last two visits to our medium she stated that my MIL did not have a disease that would cause her life to end quickly. She said that over the summer months adjustments would be made to her medication which would help her condition.. She said that my MIL would be going home in July, and being released from the hospital within a few more weeks after our last visit . That was a time when her prognosis still was not good, and no one at the hospital could tell us when she would be released, and everyone at the hospital looking after her were pushing for us to transfer her to a long term care facility. My mother in law was released from the hospital in July, and she was taken home. Her condition stabilized after her medication was changed, and good enough to allow her to go home rather than to a long term care facility. When the information was being provided through the medium it was being channeled from my MIL's mother and father (deceased) who were present during the visit. On a previous visit in January 2024 , she also mentioned a surgery that would occur which was going to help with my MIL's condition. At that time no one knew why my MIL's condition was deteriorating and she had no diagnosis about any illness, we just knew she was going downhill fast. My MIL ended up having unexpected emergency brain surgery in May after an unscheduled emergency MRI scan revealed a growth on her brain. That was a key part to her eventual recovery, but no one knew of that in January when we met with our medium.

I have to say that over the last few years approx. 95% of everything our medium has told us was correct, we always leave our sessions completely amazed by what is discussed. On our very last visit she asked me if I had any connection to NYC, when I asked why she was asking that she said that she was being shown an image of the Empire State Building from my sister. The medium said it was the building where King Kong used to hang from in the old movies. This is what I have prominently displayed in our family room , which is one of my favourite statues which we picked up on a family trip to NYC (this was just a simple validation from the. other side, one that was impossible for anyone to know unless you were in my home). Our medium was also being told to draw a wooden wheel (like you see on old stagecoaches) as a reference to our street name where we live, with the reference to a circle, the medium drew a wooden wheel on a note pad and she showed us her sketch. She said that my sister was describing the name of the street where we live (another validation). We live on Circlewood drive.

Pic of our family room shelf

Last edited by zeroptzero; 09-02-2024 at 05:21 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by zeroptzero:
fullbackS2 (09-03-2024), Kyras (09-02-2024), valentine (09-03-2024)
Old 09-02-2024, 05:15 PM

Received 3,467 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
On the last two visits to our medium she stated that my MIL did not have a disease that would cause her life to end quickly. She said that over the summer months adjustments would be made to her medication which would help her condition.. She said that my MIL would be going home in July, and being released from the hospital within a few more weeks after our last visit . That was a time when her prognosis still was not good, and no one at the hospital could tell us when she would be released, and everyone at the hospital looking after her were pushing for us to transfer her to a long term care facility. My mother in law was released from the hospital in July, and she was taken home. Her condition stabilized after her medication was changed, and good enough to allow her to go home rather than to a long term care facility. When the information was being provided through the medium it was being channeled from my MIL's mother and father (deceased) who were present during the visit. On a previous visit in January 2024 , she also mentioned a surgery that would occur which was going to help with my MIL's condition. At that time no one knew why my MIL's condition was deteriorating and she had no diagnosis about any illness, we just knew she was going downhill fast. My MIL ended up having unexpected emergency brain surgery in May after an unscheduled emergency MRI scan revealed a growth on her brain. That was a key part to her eventual recovery, but no one knew of that in January when we met with our medium.

I have to say that over the last few years approx. 95% of everything our medium has told us was correct, we always leave our sessions completely amazed by what is discussed.
Wow. She was right, again. I so want to see your medium.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (09-02-2024)

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?