S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 06-25-2024, 06:44 AM

Received 884 Likes on 469 Posts

We're headed out to Long Island this weekend. Cindy's friends daughter is having her wedding shower. Cindy is helping. Since she'd have to get there early, we're going out Friday during the day. Staying with my cousin about 30 minutes away. I'll be golfing with her husband. He's a member at a few clubs. Last time we played the local course - I planted a seed to "play somewhere different". I think he's a member at Shinecock as well. Fingers crossed!
Old 06-25-2024, 10:09 AM

Received 3,718 Likes on 2,504 Posts

I will be absolutely green with envy if you play Shinnecock.
Although with the state of my game right now, I'd put up a huge number and spend the next 6 weeks in rehab.
I do love playing at great courses though,
Old 06-26-2024, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I will be absolutely green with envy if you play Shinnecock.
Although with the state of my game right now, I'd put up a huge number and spend the next 6 weeks in rehab.
I do love playing at great courses though,
I think it's a no go... My cousin texted me last night that David and I are playing at 2PM. He has a morning match (presumably some club tournament), we'll grab lunch then go out. So I'm pretty sure it's going to be at Sands Point CC. I think SPCC was in the last episode of Billions Season 3 - there's a drive by and you see the sign and one of the holes. They filled most of the residential scenes in the Sands Point NY area.

I am however planning a trip out to see Billman once I'm officially not working. My plan was to head out early in the week, drop the car off, play some golf for a few days, then head back. Bethpage would be on the list and if David was free, then maybe another shot at Shinecock. I should start planning.

To your point Jerry, while scoring well matters, getting a chance to play a course like that is worth it by itself. My list so far is Pebble, Spyglass, Baltusrol, Harbour Town, a few TPC courses, plus some regional private clubs that have had Senior events or qualifiers for the US Open.

Old 06-26-2024, 05:25 AM

Received 4,009 Likes on 3,155 Posts

Having a cruise in at the retirement home I used to work at Sunday afternoon, the weather is looking iffy so hope it stays decent looking forward to seeing everybody. Planning to do some more yard work also and will likely get the S cleaned up for the show.
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 07:57 AM

Received 3,718 Likes on 2,504 Posts

Gary,
I can strongly recommend Whistling Straights, Blackwolf Run and Erin Hills.
Also from the top 100 is Atunyote https://www.top100golfcourses.com/go...e?review=28992
It is closer to you. about halfway between Rochester and Syracuse.
Old Today, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Gary,
I can strongly recommend Whistling Straights, Blackwolf Run and Erin Hills.
Also from the top 100 is Atunyote https://www.top100golfcourses.com/go...e?review=28992
It is closer to you. about halfway between Rochester and Syracuse.
pricing looks reasonable. Was 750-800 for 2 nights and 3 rounds per person. Ty!
Old Today, 05:29 AM

We cancelled the cruise in at the retirement home due to weather which is a bummer, that makes 2 weekends in a row weather has cancelled car meets. At least the weather is looking good for the upcoming week, headed to the lake on or around the 4th to celebrate with friends and have company coming next weekend.
Old Today, 05:35 AM

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Great weekend in Detroit. Posting in the Vacation thread and will post pics when we get home.
The following 2 users liked this post by MsPerky:
buckeyesue (Today), robb (Today)
Old Today, 10:48 AM

Received 2,960 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Today was catch up day at home after our trip to Canada. A little laundry (not too much as rental had washer and dryer), a little bill paying, a quick trip to my son's to drop off a little gift of appreciated for watching over our cat while we were gone. Rick got the Porsche washed, puttered around in the yard.

I'm dragging tail today. Maybe due to the day of inactivity yesterday? Also noticed a bug bite near my hairline on my neck. Will watch that carefully. We spent very little time in the woods, but Lyme disease is in Canada as well as our area.
Old Today, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Today was catch up day at home after our trip to Canada. A little laundry (not too much as rental had washer and dryer), a little bill paying, a quick trip to my son's to drop off a little gift of appreciated for watching over our cat while we were gone. Rick got the Porsche washed, puttered around in the yard.

I'm dragging tail today. Maybe due to the day of inactivity yesterday? Also noticed a bug bite near my hairline on my neck. Will watch that carefully. We spent very little time in the woods, but Lyme disease is in Canada as well as our area.
Watch for red patch or spots or a bullseye around the bite. My sister got bit in the neck by a Lyme tick and it was really bad affected her nervous system.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?