S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 05-24-2024, 03:48 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I wonder which car started the fire. I know everyone will jump on the hybrid but I would like to hear it from an official.

Don't they have a third "safety" tunnel for instances like this?
Old 05-24-2024, 03:57 PM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Don't know about a third tunnel. I know enough to avoid Boston traffic on the Friday of a long weekend. Some folks deal with it daily...I could never have been one who commuted to Boston for work.
Old 05-24-2024, 04:18 PM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy

Don't they have a third "safety" tunnel for instances like this?
Look up ‘Big Dig’ Scoots that will give you an idea to the answer to your question.
Old 05-24-2024, 06:02 PM

Received 5,799 Likes on 3,418 Posts

How our evening went.

1st stop, sat on the patio, service was really slow and weather turned very cool. One drink and left.

2nd stop, one of our usual pubs, good service but it felt like being inside a refrigerator it was so cold. One drink and left.

3rd stop, 30 minute wait. We left.

4th stop, seats and bar open but they don’t serve food. We left.

5th stop, service was terrible, waitress never came and we left.

6th stop, it was clear we were not getting any service and we left.

7th stop, home . . . brats on the grill and good pours!
Old 05-24-2024, 06:36 PM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Dave that is worse than any of our recent dine out issues.
Got a late afternoon call asking if we wanted to meet up with friends. The restaurant mentioned is a busy spot. I expect quite busy on Friday. They don’t accept reservations unless you are a party of six. I am not a fan of hanging around waiting for a table. Rick worked like a dog in the yard today. We decided on a later lunch tomorrow. Top down drive to meet up
Old 05-24-2024, 07:07 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,680 Posts

I'll say I'm delighted I didn't have to go to Logan today.

We started our weekend with our couples golf league play.
Tonight it was both hit their T-shots, then the play each others second shot, then best ball scramble from their 'til hole-out.
On one hole my wife hit a high slice which would up on the adjacent fairway with big tall trees separating the fairways.
I was 225 out from the pin and couldn't go high because of the trees. It was time to get creative.
my only play was a low driving shot to keep it under the trees but a straight shot would have put me 45 yards to the left of the green.
I had to play a low punch cut shot that would rise after clearing the trees 45-50 yards after contact. The extra twist was the green up about 20 feet as well.
But sometimes, a shot just fits your eye as the pros say and this one did.
Executed to perfection, I knocked it to 3 ft for the birdie. of course Now I've gone and strained my shoulder patting myself on the back.
The following users liked this post:
dlq04 (05-24-2024)
Old 05-25-2024, 03:51 AM

Received 792 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Ray, I took the liberty of summarizing your process. Hope I got it right.

S2KRAY on detailing May 2024.

Ray owns a detailing business and uses synthetic products, which replaced wax. Longer lasting protection, greater deep shine and some contain polish.

Do an initial wash with Dawn dish soap to remove prior wax or polish. A rinseless car wash does the same.

Clay bar the car to remove contamination. Traditional puddy-like clay bar has been replaced by a synthetic pad that is superior. Mothers Speed clay pad is recommended. If you drop it, wash it in soap and water. Apply the clay bar with a detailing spray sold at Walmart, as auto supply stores are more expensive. Spray on a panel and rub the Mothers pad on that area. Wipe off with a microfiber towel.

His go to protectant is Jescar Ultra Lock ceramic coating. Applied by hand with a microfiber pad.

For polishing scratches and holograms Ray uses a German polisher and a 2 stage German polish or compound for deeper scratches.

For maintenance use Klasse all in one which lists on Amazon in containers. Transfer Klasse to a small plastic bottle with a nozzle and then spray a Microfiber pad. Apply sparingly one panel at a time. Wipe off with a microfiber towel. Klasse has a cleaner and polish in it for removing minor scratches

Ray buys his detailing products from Detailed Image in upstate N.Y. Their products arrive in 2 days. Their pros prep the vehicles for auction at the Mecum and Barrett Jackson auctions. Their website has videos on how to do every phase of detailing. They also have an Ask a Pro option for help on any detailing issue. Their pros test any new products and provide feedback. Reviews are submitted by customers which provides me with what products I want to use.

Ray has been using DI for over 17 years. Their products and processes have earned him an award as the best detailing business in his county. He is happy to help anyone here and pass on my knowledge and experience to them.
Thank you Dave. Just one minor correction. Jescar and Klasse are final coatings. Klasse is a polymer which will remove fine scratches Jescar is a ceramic coating but will not remove scratches. Both are excellent final coatings. I prefer Jescar for longer lasting protection. As for maintenance use Meguiars or Mothers detail spray which you can also use as a lubricant for the Mothers pad.
Old 05-25-2024, 03:56 AM

How our evening went.

1st stop, sat on the patio, service was really slow and weather turned very cool. One drink and left.

2nd stop, one of our usual pubs, good service but it felt like being inside a refrigerator it was so cold. One drink and left.

3rd stop, 30 minute wait. We left.

4th stop, seats and bar open but they don’t serve food. We left.

5th stop, service was terrible, waitress never came and we left.

6th stop, it was clear we were not getting any service and we left.

7th stop, home . . . brats on the grill and good pours!
Home is cheaper with no drama. We sometimes find poor service here. Servers are like revolving doors. Turnover is great and owners are frustrated. No one wants to work anymore it seems and if they do their work ethic is poor.
Old 05-25-2024, 06:32 AM

Received 5,799 Likes on 3,418 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
Thank you Dave. Just one minor correction. Jescar and Klasse are final coatings. Klasse is a polymer which will remove fine scratches Jescar is a ceramic coating but will not remove scratches. Both are excellent final coatings. I prefer Jescar for longer lasting protection. As for maintenance use Meguiars or Mothers detail spray which you can also use as a lubricant for the Mothers pad.
I got it covered . . . I already ordered both. For a lube and for maintenance I plan to continue to use Poorboys, which I bought by the gallon and have always thought was great.
Old 05-25-2024, 06:21 PM

I got it covered . . . I already ordered both. For a lube and for maintenance I plan to continue to use Poorboys, which I bought by the gallon and have always thought was great.
It is good. Stick to what you like.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?