S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 05-23-2024, 03:00 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,530 Likes on 1,911 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
I buy my detailing products from Detailed Image in upstate N.Y. Their products arrive in 2 days not over a week from Griots. Their pros prep the vehicles for auction at the Mecum and Barrett Jackson auctions. I think their products are superior to Griots. Their website has videos on how to do every phase of detailing. They also have an Ask a Pro option for help on any detailing issue.
Their pros test any new products and provide feed back. Reviews are submitted by customers which provides me with what products I want to use. BTW, don’t apply any polish or protective coating without clay barring. I don’t use clay anymore. Mothers has a replacement which is far superior. It is a pad which fits in the palm of your hand with a synthetic surface on the other side which glides across the paint to better remove any airborne contamination. If you drop it just wash it in soap and water. If you drop a clay bar it will pick up dirt and can’t be used on paint. These are available at most auto supply stores.

Is this what you're talking about?

Old 05-23-2024, 04:37 PM

Received 5,797 Likes on 3,416 Posts

Ray, I have a few questions –

Do you still recommend an initial wash with Dawn dish soap to remove prior polishes?

I have a Griots synthetic clay bar. Would you still recommend going with one from Mothers?

Is Ultra Lock ceramic coating sold under the “Jescar” brand name? It appears it is.

Klasse all in one product lists on Amazon but just in containers. So do you transfer this over to a spray bottle?

Is Klasse what you use with the Clay bar pad?

Thanks as always, your advice is the best and you stay on top of the latest and greatest.
Old 05-24-2024, 04:57 AM

Received 790 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Is this what you're talking about?

Yes, I love it and so will you. Bye Bye clay bar.
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (05-24-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 05:12 AM

Received 790 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Ray, I have a few questions –

Do you still recommend an initial wash with Dawn dish soap to remove prior polishes?

I have a Griots synthetic clay bar. Would you still recommend going with one from Mothers?

Is Ultra Lock ceramic coating sold under the “Jescar” brand name? It appears it is.

Klasse all in one product lists on Amazon but just in containers. So do you transfer this over to a spray bottle?

Is Klasse what you use with the Clay bar pad?

Thanks as always, your advice is the best and you stay on top of the latest and greatest.
Yes look under Jescar. I transfer Klasse to a small plastic bottle with a nozzle to a Microfiber pad. Apply sparingly to one panel at a time. Wipe off with a microfiber towel. Klasse also has a cleaner and polish in it for removing minor scratches, The clay bar is used first. Buy some detailing spray at Walmart not an auto supply store as they are more expensive. Spray on a panel and rub the Mothers pad on that area. Wipe off with a microfiber towel. Dawn will remove previous coatings. I use a rinseless car wash which does the same. I highly recommend checking out my supplier, Detailed Image, that I have been using for over 17 years. Lots of great information on all of their products and processes. Thanks for the kinds words Dave. My products and processes have earned me an award as the best detailing business in our county. I am very busy. I am happy to help anyone here and pass on my knowledge and experience to them.

Last edited by S2KRAY; 05-24-2024 at 05:16 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by S2KRAY:
dlq04 (05-24-2024), Kyras (05-24-2024), robb (05-24-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 07:05 AM

Received 5,797 Likes on 3,416 Posts

Ray, I took the liberty of summarizing your process. Hope I got it right.

S2KRAY on detailing May 2024.

Ray owns a detailing business and uses synthetic products, which replaced wax. Longer lasting protection, greater deep shine and some contain polish.

Do an initial wash with Dawn dish soap to remove prior wax or polish. A rinseless car wash does the same.

Clay bar the car to remove contamination. Traditional puddy-like clay bar has been replaced by a synthetic pad that is superior. Mothers Speed clay pad is recommended. If you drop it, wash it in soap and water. Apply the clay bar with a detailing spray sold at Walmart, as auto supply stores are more expensive. Spray on a panel and rub the Mothers pad on that area. Wipe off with a microfiber towel.

His go to protectant is Jescar Ultra Lock ceramic coating. Applied by hand with a microfiber pad.

For polishing scratches and holograms Ray uses a German polisher and a 2 stage German polish or compound for deeper scratches.

For maintenance use Klasse all in one which lists on Amazon in containers. Transfer Klasse to a small plastic bottle with a nozzle and then spray a Microfiber pad. Apply sparingly one panel at a time. Wipe off with a microfiber towel. Klasse has a cleaner and polish in it for removing minor scratches

Ray buys his detailing products from Detailed Image in upstate N.Y. Their products arrive in 2 days. Their pros prep the vehicles for auction at the Mecum and Barrett Jackson auctions. Their website has videos on how to do every phase of detailing. They also have an Ask a Pro option for help on any detailing issue. Their pros test any new products and provide feedback. Reviews are submitted by customers which provides me with what products I want to use.

Ray has been using DI for over 17 years. Their products and processes have earned him an award as the best detailing business in his county. He is happy to help anyone here and pass on my knowledge and experience to them.

The following 2 users liked this post by dlq04:
buckeyesue (05-24-2024), robb (05-24-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 07:32 AM

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,101 Posts

Well, we had a tree break off during a storm this week, so Wed I drug it out in the open an cut it up with the chainsaw and yesterday went out and moved the pieces before I mowed. During that, found this new fawn hanging out. I went to grab the last branch and then noticed it there so it had to be hunkered down there the whole time I was working not 10 feet away. They will curl up and be still like this if they feel threatened so I just let it be while I worked around the yard. It eventually must have determined I was no threat and hopped off into an area we leave un-mowed where they bed down frequently. It was pretty tiny and given how it ran, likely barely more than a few days old.

Note for those not familiar, but this is normal behavior and they are typically not abandoned. Mama is just away feeding during the daytime. So always leave them be and do not touch them of course if you find them this way.

The following 8 users liked this post by engifineer:
buckeyesue (05-24-2024), dlq04 (05-24-2024), jukngene (05-24-2024), Kyras (05-24-2024), noodels (05-24-2024), poorshoeless (05-24-2024), robb (05-24-2024), zeroptzero (05-24-2024) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-24-2024, 09:54 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,002 Likes on 518 Posts

This time tomorrow we'll be landing in Halifax NS Canada. 10 days checking out NS and PEI then back home.

The following 6 users liked this post by Heyitsgary:
buckeyesue (05-24-2024), engifineer (05-24-2024), Hertz Donut (05-27-2024), Kyras (05-25-2024), Lainey (05-24-2024), zeroptzero (05-24-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-24-2024, 11:46 AM

Received 4,285 Likes on 3,331 Posts

Safe travels Gary.
Old 05-24-2024, 03:30 PM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Folks headed north through Boston didn't have a great time this afternoon. Memorial Day Weekend Traffic is bad, fire in the Ted Williams Tunnel makes it a whole lot worse!
Fire in the tunnel!
Old 05-24-2024, 03:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

^That's my fear of tunnels, as there are only limited ways to egress safely. Sounds like it was handled well, though. What a nightmare!

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?