S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 03-15-2020, 04:40 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Yes that's what we have gone with, white seems to be trendy right now but like you said it shouldn't go out of style. We painted the baseboard and window trim a nice hue of blue to give it some colour, it's looking nice. We went with Behr Whisper White wall colour, it has a slight tinge or pearl look to it compared to a stark white.
I have used antique white for years when painting my residences. Makes it much easier to decorate. The exception right now is in the two bathrooms. Both are painted to compliment the tile. One is a kind of olive green to match the onyx that has swirls of green and brown. The other is a grey to match the Carrera marble.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (03-15-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 05:01 AM

Received 4,286 Likes on 3,331 Posts

Originally Posted by PokS2k
I would strongly agree. When we had our prior kitchen redone, we hired a kitchen design and contractor. There are a lot of considerations to account for and that is what they are good at. Things like space between an island and counters, appliance placement to optimize flow, cabinet functions to have, etc....
Same here. I had my kitchen redone a few years ago and the contractor came up with some great ideas. It a relatively small area and I had one of those sink, oven refrigerator combo units and he figured out a way replace it with a full size sink and oven and also suggested putting in a dishwasher which I wasn't crazy about at first but it has worked out great. The key is to get the right contractor someone with experience who knows what he or she is doing. Easier said than done.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:06 AM
Member (Premium)

Patty, your office wall looks really nice. Love purple.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:06 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Hello everyone. Reporting in after our cruise, round trip San Diego to Mexico. We disembarked yesterday, had a great time with warm sunny skies and loads of whales. We heard no reports of anyone sick on our cruise. They were very good about wiping down the surfaces of tables, railings etc and had hand sanitizers at the entrance of every eating place, with staff watching to make sure you used it. No problems when we arrived, walked through customs, welcome home. But the ship was to leave on the same journey at 5pm. and before that hour, Holland announced a 30 day suspension of all cruises.
I'm more worried about the flight to Sacramento tomorrow than picking up a virus on the ship. But that's another story.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:18 AM

Received 4,286 Likes on 3,331 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
Hello everyone. Reporting in after our cruise, round trip San Diego to Mexico. We disembarked yesterday, had a great time with warm sunny skies and loads of whales. We heard no reports of anyone sick on our cruise. They were very good about wiping down the surfaces of tables, railings etc and had hand sanitizers at the entrance of every eating place, with staff watching to make sure you used it. No problems when we arrived, walked through customs, welcome home. But the ship was to leave on the same journey at 5pm. and before that hour, Holland announced a 30 day suspension of all cruises.
I'm more worried about the flight to Sacramento tomorrow than picking up a virus on the ship. But that's another story.
Glad you enjoyed your trip and survived it unscathed best of luck on your flight. Hopefully they will check everybody getting on so you won't have any issues.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:51 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,531 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
I forgot/didn't know you were on a cruise! If you did fine on that the flight will be a piece of cake. I flew from Denver to SoCal last Wednesday and fly back on Tuesday. The plane was less than half full and I had two empty seats next to me. I should drive down to SD and say hi! I'm about an hour north in Trabuco Canyon.

Last edited by Kyras; 03-15-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:38 AM
Member (Premium)

Lucky you made it back before the end of cruising (for who knows how long). I was so disappointed we cannot go on our river cruise in April and am really hoping by this time next year this is all just a distant bad memory. TBD...
Old 03-15-2020, 11:43 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,531 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Patty, your office wall looks really nice. Love purple.
Thank you, Deb. I love color and bluish purple is my favorite color. I never changed my California house paint inside except for making the master bedroom dark blue. I've never felt like I would stay here. In Colorado, I feel like it will be my last house so I went with what I like.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:45 AM
Member (Premium)

That is always the most important thing. I especially am glad I did the renovations I did here since we are inside this apt even more than ever now. So surroundings become critical to happiness!
Old 03-15-2020, 11:45 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

I think you love blue,

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?