S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 11-01-2023, 04:28 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,680 Posts

Mike, At least you an understanding of where the neuropathy came from.
Mine's idiopathic, which simply translated means the idiots don't know.

When my wife's sibling were clearing out their parents place they also got a dumpster.
I think half he neighborhood thought it was there to save them a trip to the dump.
chairs, couches and so forth show up in two days.
Old 11-02-2023, 07:14 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
After many months of planning and us working at my in-laws' home they are finally moving this week. It has been a long haul for my wife and I. We spent many weekends at their home (about one hour away from us) getting them packed up and getting the house purged of 55+ years of accumulated crap. They are in their 80's and find the need to downsize to an apartment. We rented a 30 yard bin for them and we filled it up pretty good with junk to be disposed of. They had tons of furniture to get out of the house too, and lots of packing boxes to fill up. They had tons of gardening stuff and statues and fountains, and big pots/barrels outdoors. I gave the house a good going-over so that the home inspection would pass, and the house could sell properly. My father in-law had some crazy home-made wiring going on in that house so I dismantled it all ahead of the home inspection. This is a very tight real estate market right now , a buyer's market as very few homes are selling these days. They were lucky to get a decent offer and the closing date is November 10th, 2023. The home just passed the home inspection so all conditions are now waived - yippie !

We will be back up there this weekend to help them settle into the new apartment rental. My mother-in-law has developed many panic and anxiety attacks over this entire affair of having to move. The two of them were pack-rats and she was a compulsive shopper and slight hoarder over the years. I am sure glad we only have to do this once and never again, it has been a ton of work for us. My wife has a sister and brother, but my wife took charge over this entire event as the other two were not very effective or motivated or involved as my wife has been willing to be. Looking forward to the weekend and getting the old folks settled into their new digs. My wife was kind enough to offer my services (free) to help them assemble furniture at their new home this weekend, lol, may God bless them.
You have a lot of good Karma stored up Joey.
You are the first person I have heard of in a very long time to say that you are in a buyers market. I’m hoping it extends to the states sometime soon. It continues to be a sellers market where I am and I think it is the same in a lot of the states. We have more and more blue collar workers becoming homeless here.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (11-02-2023)
Old 11-02-2023, 11:57 AM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
You have a lot of good Karma stored up Joey.
You are the first person I have heard of in a very long time to say that you are in a buyers market. I’m hoping it extends to the states sometime soon. It continues to be a sellers market where I am and I think it is the same in a lot of the states. We have more and more blue collar workers becoming homeless here.
Well here we have many more houses going for sale than we have buyers, so that is a buyer's market. If you are a buyer you have many to choose from and buyers are offering less than asking price on the listings. Months back you always got asking price or more than asking, when it was a seller's market. Increased mortgage rates have killed the real estate market, people are having to sell because they bought when rates were low and no one figured they would go up like they have. Homelessness is a serious issue here too.
Old 11-02-2023, 12:29 PM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

There is a house for sale in our neighborhood. The last couple of houses were sold in two weeks or less. We'll see how this one does.
Old 11-02-2023, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Well here we have many more houses going for sale than we have buyers, so that is a buyer's market. If you are a buyer you have many to choose from and buyers are offering less than asking price on the listings. Months back you always got asking price or more than asking, when it was a seller's market. Increased mortgage rates have killed the real estate market, people are having to sell because they bought when rates were low and no one figured they would go up like they have. Homelessness is a serious issue here too.
Do you have air b n b’s in your area? In my area a majority of the houses are being bought and used as air b’ n’ b’s. Even with the high prices and mortgage rates people are still making a ton of money renting them out short term.
Old 11-02-2023, 02:06 PM

Do you have air b n b’s in your area? In my area a majority of the houses are being bought and used as air b’ n’ b’s. Even with the high prices and mortgage rates people are still making a ton of money renting them out short term.
No we don't , we just live in a typical suburban neighbourhood with small families. I guess your area that attracts tourists and recreational visitors creates a unique environment for what you have been seeing Rob. My personal opinion is that Air BnB's ruin neighbourhoods and I would not want to live near one, I see nothing positive coming from them unless you are the owner of one and make a profit.
Old 11-02-2023, 03:17 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,680 Posts

There isn't much inventory in our area, Most houses are under agreement within a week of listing. Most are still over asking.
I hate the idea of moving. I also hate the idea of not being able to sell later on

Tomorrow I have to get the lights on the trailer working again. .
Then I can go get the Azek trim to update the garage doors so that I can swap over the old doors for the new ones when they show up.
you know the trim that would go in the big SUV until I poked out the rear window with the desk....
Old 11-02-2023, 03:35 PM

I got home from work today and my wife tells me that we need to take food for her parents and her aunt and uncle who are down here visiting my in-laws from Portugal. Apparently with them moving they have been eating fast food for several days, they aren't cooking any time soon.

My wife wants me to make an Italian dish that we make from our region of Italy, it is kind of like baked Ziti. We put partly cooked penne pasta into a big casserole dish , with tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, mini-meatballs (home made), shredded hard-boiled egg, and parmesan cheese. You cook it in the oven until it all gets nicely congealed. I like mine a bit over-cooked so it gets a crispy top or crispy corners. We will cook it partway at home and then take it to their new apartment and finish cooking it all the way through. In our dialect we call it a name that means " filled pasta" , but it is a take-off of baked ziti. The mini-meatballs are about the size of a nickel in diameter, so we need to make lots of them lol.
The following users liked this post:
robb (11-02-2023)
Old 11-02-2023, 03:47 PM

^^Those small meatballs can be a pain to roll. I remember helping my Mom form them for her Italian wedding soup.
Old 11-02-2023, 04:06 PM

^^Those small meatballs can be a pain to roll. I remember helping my Mom form them for her Italian wedding soup.
yes exactly Rob, about the same size as the ones in wedding soup. My wife says that she has a tool to help her make them more quickly, we will see if it works or helps, lol.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?