S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 10-14-2023, 03:25 PM

Received 740 Likes on 501 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Did the good deed thing yesterday, stopped at assisted living (1) and nursing home (1) to visit friends. Just quick visits however, I even got to be the bingo assistant at one place. They gave me a pointer and everything. Dropped off some Halloween candy for the ladies. We had dinner last night at a favorite spot and we (Rick and I) are conversing/ still trying to figure out what we do/don't believe about after life and all that. Lots of questions and no answers, more so since we lost my sister.

Rainy day today. Rick is cooking, I am cleaning. Football game later for him, not sure what I'll do. I baited the blue jays with some peanuts, got a few photos, maybe I'll play around with those.
OMG, I grew up spending summers on the Chesapeake Bay. I love seafood and everything on that plate.
Old 10-14-2023, 05:16 PM

Received 3,535 Likes on 2,539 Posts

I have front and rear doors on my current home that were in need of new weatherstripping. The doors used an older style weatherstripping, which included magnetic strips. A friend of mine hooked me up with some commercial grade weatherstripping. He advised me to replace the magnetic stuff with crushable style weatherstripping as the preferred material these days.

So I just installed the new weatherstripping on my front and rear doors. It makes a big difference compared to the older worn out stuff, it just seals better so the doors are quieter and more thermally efficient now. I am glad to get it done this weekend as cold temps are now here. It was pretty simple to do it with basic tools.

I also did some caulking around the main window frames, and I installed some foam gaskets on interior electrical plugs and switch plates that are located on exterior walls of the home. This will be our first winter in our current home and it is quite different from the previous home design, so I want to make it as comfy and efficient as I can.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 10-15-2023 at 02:55 AM.
Old 10-15-2023, 07:17 PM

Received 771 Likes on 407 Posts

I rode the loser cruiser for 7.5 hours to the far side of the island, stayed the night alone in a hotel (on my wedding anniversary, sigh), then drove home again in the replacement for the paddock wagon the next day. 2008 VW Touareg VR6 3.6 with the bonus of a ~$US1900 JDM exhaust with a very nice tone to it. It's much cleaner than I was expecting, the previous owners looked after it well. No issues found with it so far (other than a "meep meep" horn totally out of place on a Euro SUV), not fast but fast enough. Needs better tires though.
Old 10-16-2023, 02:30 AM

Received 2,752 Likes on 1,646 Posts

So far it’s The Cars tribute Fri evening and brunch with nephew and family on Sun. Check out Posh’s cast.
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 07:15 AM

Received 4,014 Likes on 3,158 Posts

Rain, rain, rain here this weekend. I was planning on getting a coat of wax on the S and doing some detailing on it and going to our last Cars n’ Coffee of the season Sat. morning but they have canceled it due to the weather. So guess I’ll run some errands, clean the house and catch up on some t.v. shows.
Old 10-20-2023, 09:40 AM

Received 3,178 Likes on 1,746 Posts

I'm heading south to Encinitas and Solona Beach, CA today. I've been getting things fixed at my house here (trimmed palms, new outside light timer, return Direct TV device) and just discovered another issue. The master bathroom skylight is cracked.

This weekend is the annual ElliptiGO World Championship Rally. I go to meet people I "know" from the ElliptiGO Facebook group but haven't ever met in person, kinda like, going to a Vintage Meet.

My friend Jonathan is coming to visit before I go and he will replace the trunk struts on my 2005 NSX. It's so rude when the trunk lid smacks you in the head. He's "the tracker" I mentioned before and he's a great NSX, and other car, mechanic.

^9-2-2023. Jonathan and me at Estes Park when he had a long Denver layover.

One of the palm groups trimmed.

^10-19-2023. Before.

^10-19-2023. After.

^10-20-2023.

Lainey (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 12:04 PM

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,715 Posts

Two homes are a lot of work, Patricia!

This weekend is the end of our last minute vacation. I did a little research and threw it together pretty quickly. This week we have spent time in Cape May, NJ, in Delaware, in Maryland and in PA. We've walked near the beach (NJ) in the woods, (tri state trail) walked from DE to PE and to a marker that denotes where MD, PA and DE meet, we've walked on a path at the top of a reservoir, and we've walked on a canal, (MD). We had much better weather than expected. I've taken many photos many of which won't live in my computer very long, and I've enjoyed two very tasty crab cakes. Yesterday we went to Longwood Gardens in PA and saw their amazing fountain/lights/music display, in addition to the Chrysanthemum festival and all the flowers in the conservatory. Today we went back to PA to the Simeone Museum and viewed the cars of racing history. Italian food tonight at a place we enjoyed once before. We are VERY tired. Yesterday my fit bit tells me we walked 26,500 steps and 13 miles. Even if those figures are not totally accurate, we walked A LOT!

We had a very nice week. It was just the two of us this time, hope to catch some car peeps the next time we are in the area.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lainey:
dlq04 (10-20-2023), jukngene (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 12:20 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,704 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Wedding in Ohio tomorrow.

Movers are coming Tuesday (we bought a new house a few weeks ago) so need to finish packing at some point.

My dad goes in for quadruple bypass on Wednesday.

Next week is going to be a challenge.
Kyras (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Two homes are a lot of work, Patricia!

This weekend is the end of our last minute vacation. I did a little research and threw it together pretty quickly. This week we have spent time in Cape May, NJ, in Delaware, in Maryland and in PA. We've walked near the beach (NJ) in the woods, (tri state trail) walked from DE to PE and to a marker that denotes where MD, PA and DE meet, we've walked on a path at the top of a reservoir, and we've walked on a canal, (MD). We had much better weather than expected. I've taken many photos many of which won't live in my computer very long, and I've enjoyed two very tasty crab cakes. Yesterday we went to Longwood Gardens in PA and saw their amazing fountain/lights/music display, in addition to the Chrysanthemum festival and all the flowers in the conservatory. Today we went back to PA to the Simeone Museum and viewed the cars of racing history. Italian food tonight at a place we enjoyed once before. We are VERY tired. Yesterday my fit bit tells me we walked 26,500 steps and 13 miles. Even if those figures are not totally accurate, we walked A LOT!

We had a very nice week. It was just the two of us this time, hope to catch some car peeps the next time we are in the area.
26,500 steps in one day! You must be tired.
Old 10-20-2023, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by sam_spider

My dad goes in for quadruple bypass on Wednesday.

Next week is going to be a challenge.
for your Dad.
sam_spider (10-23-2023)

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?