S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 09-20-2023, 02:55 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

We have dinner reservations Fri night at our fave Spanish tapas place, then seeing Evita at the Shakespeare Theater.
Old 09-20-2023, 03:56 AM

Received 790 Likes on 534 Posts

Going to my grandsons 20th birthday dinner at a very nice restaurant. He is a sophomore at Delaware majoring in sports management. Outstanding young man we are so proud of.
The following users liked this post:
robb (09-20-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 02:29 PM

Received 4,286 Likes on 3,331 Posts

I received my new snow tires today which are now in my dining room a.k.a. ‘automotive section’ of my house next to my 4 old snow tires so I’m beginning the process of getting ready for winter. Will make an appointment to have the tires mounted and may make an appointment to have the car undercoated also, not due yet but thinking it makes sense to do it early before the SALT flies.
Been wanting to treat the seats in the S and give it a good wash but it has been raining so if weather is good this weekend will do that also probably show the Subie some love too. Have the 2nd to last cars n coffee Sunday also.
Old 09-20-2023, 03:22 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Robb,What kind//make of snow tires did you get?
Looking for some on the my wife civic…Nokian or Michelin???
Old 09-20-2023, 04:02 PM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

No weekend plans. Weather won't be nice. Taking advantage of our current nice weather the next couple of days. Gorgeous September day today. Spend some time walking on the beaches on Cape Cod.
Old 09-20-2023, 04:54 PM

Received 4,286 Likes on 3,331 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire
Robb,What kind//make of snow tires did you get?
Looking for some on the my wife civic…Nokian or Michelin???
I got Yokohama Iceguard IG 53
Old 09-20-2023, 07:08 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,002 Likes on 518 Posts

I'm going to help a sponsor of my charity event who owns a skateboard shop in the area. They are doing a skateboard competition at a local park. I volunteered to take some pics. We then have the kickoff of the dart season picnic after that. Sunday, not sure yet, then dinner at Mom's for Yom Kippur.

I just turned down an invite for tomorrow to a very exclusive course in the area. I guess I spent enough at a recent golf outing to get a call to play by one of the board members. Unfortunately, I have a few key meetings tomorrow, a meeting with my financial advisor plus dinner with Mom to help around the house and book our flights to Florida in December. Good news, for my donation, I won 4 baskets (3 get re-used at my event) and left with 3 gift certificates at private courses in the area. One is Metedekonck, rated top 15-20 in NJ, against the likes of Baltusrol, Pine Valley, Liberty and Trump National. MGC had one of the lower tours there a few weeks ago. My friend won it last year, says its amazing. It was donated by Timothy Piazza of the Piazza Foundation (his some died in the hazing at Penn State a few years ago). He's probably not a bad connection to have. My friend is going to join me, and I'm going to join his group at Trump National, which he won.

Last edited by Heyitsgary; 09-20-2023 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:18 AM

Received 790 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
I'm going to help a sponsor of my charity event who owns a skateboard shop in the area. They are doing a skateboard competition at a local park. I volunteered to take some pics. We then have the kickoff of the dart season picnic after that. Sunday, not sure yet, then dinner at Mom's for Yom Kippur.

I just turned down an invite for tomorrow to a very exclusive course in the area. I guess I spent enough at a recent golf outing to get a call to play by one of the board members. Unfortunately, I have a few key meetings tomorrow, a meeting with my financial advisor plus dinner with Mom to help around the house and book our flights to Florida in December. Good news, for my donation, I won 4 baskets (3 get re-used at my event) and left with 3 gift certificates at private courses in the area. One is Metedekonck, rated top 15-20 in NJ, against the likes of Baltusrol, Pine Valley, Liberty and Trump National. MGC had one of the lower tours there a few weeks ago. My friend won it last year, says it’s amazing. It was donated by Timothy Piazza of the Piazza Foundation (his some died in the hazing at Penn State a few years ago). He's probably not a bad connection to have. My friend is going to join me, and I'm going to join his group at Trump National, which he won.
Good for you Gary. Looks like you will be playing with some very good players. Have fun.
Old 09-22-2023, 07:25 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
We have dinner reservations Fri night at our fave Spanish tapas place, then seeing Evita at the Shakespeare Theater.
Both were excellent!
robb (09-22-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 03:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,002 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
Good for you Gary. Looks like you will be playing with some very good players. Have fun.
Thanks Ray, but I wouldn't equate the quality of the players I'm playing with to the quality of the course I'm playing. We can hack up the nicest places.
Lainey (09-23-2023)

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?