S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 06-12-2023, 05:52 PM

Received 4,238 Likes on 3,299 Posts

My landlord’s whole family is coming up and they are having a service on our property for my Landlord who died almost 2 years ago. House has been empty for awhile so it is good to see some activity there. Some of them arrived last weekend and more have been coming in daily.
Old 06-12-2023, 08:34 PM

Received 818 Likes on 423 Posts

I'll be shaking my fist at the sky and cursing it for raining. This is not helping my fencing work.
Old 06-13-2023, 05:54 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Attending our granddaughters high school celebration on Friday and our friends 80th birthday party on Saturday. God we are getting old but it’s only a number.
Old 06-26-2023, 02:43 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

It was this past weekend, not the upcoming, but I think it still counts.

6/25/2023
Had a combined EOQ Drive Group and SoCal NSX club drive day on Sunday. It really was a very nice day and a very pleasant drive. The total was 28 cars and 38 people. Definitely one of the bigger groups we have had since the pandemic. Lots of fun, and an exciting mix of cars. Multiple S2000, NSX, Miata, an Integra, a BMW wagon, a Kia Optima, and a Rivian SUV (R1S?).

Our built-in two-way radios worked flawlessly and we kept getting comments about how quick we were on the responses to transmissions. Earbud with a microphone button makes such a huge difference. I think these are a must-have for anyone sincerely wanting to have a smooth drive. Regular communication between each group's leader and tailgunner (as well as the participants in the middle) is super important for ensuring everyone is okay.

We had only one mechanical issue on one of the NSXs in attendance, which was resolved quickly with the use of a quickjump box. Later in the day, group 3 made a wrong turn, but we all ended up at the same place eventually so it worked out okay in the end.

We learn something new with every drive. Whether we retain that knowledge or not is another story.

I feel very blessed to have people put their trust in me and to be willing to follow me into parts unknown. I like to think it's because they know I have done my homework in advance and that I put a lot of effort into the details which help make things flow smoothly.

I also feel very blessed to have a partner who is equally passionate about enjoyable drives, attention to detail, and a desire to see other people smile. I can't imagine a better person with whom to share these journeys. Even after the last participant's car has departed on their trip home, Jason and I still find fun paths to take together on our return to our own garage. Yesterday was no exception and we skipped a good portion of the freeway to instead enjoy the canyon-route back toward home. Cat and mouse in two S2000s with someone you love is so much fun.

The following 3 users liked this post by RMurphy:
buckeyesue (06-26-2023), Hertz Donut (06-26-2023), Kyras (06-26-2023)
Old 06-26-2023, 03:58 PM

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Sun we are getting together with nephew and family for brunch. On the 4th Vito is running a 5K for the troops in Reston. Maybe with nephew. Then we will watch the fireworks on the Mall from the balcony. Always a crazy afternoon and evening here with thousands of people showing up to watch on the grounds of the Iwo Jima Memorial. They park anywhere and everywhere.
Old 06-26-2023, 05:39 PM

Received 818 Likes on 423 Posts

Judging by the weather forecast I might finally be pouring the concrete floor in the milking shed. Be nice to get that out of the way, plus free up space in the garage currently occupied by a whole lot of bags of cement.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:24 PM

Received 3,480 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
It was this past weekend, not the upcoming, but I think it still counts.

6/25/2023
Had a combined EOQ Drive Group and SoCal NSX club drive day on Sunday. It really was a very nice day and a very pleasant drive. The total was 28 cars and 38 people. Definitely one of the bigger groups we have had since the pandemic. Lots of fun, and an exciting mix of cars. Multiple S2000, NSX, Miata, an Integra, a BMW wagon, a Kia Optima, and a Rivian SUV (R1S?).

Our built-in two-way radios worked flawlessly and we kept getting comments about how quick we were on the responses to transmissions. Earbud with a microphone button makes such a huge difference. I think these are a must-have for anyone sincerely wanting to have a smooth drive. Regular communication between each group's leader and tailgunner (as well as the participants in the middle) is super important for ensuring everyone is okay.

We had only one mechanical issue on one of the NSXs in attendance, which was resolved quickly with the use of a quickjump box. Later in the day, group 3 made a wrong turn, but we all ended up at the same place eventually so it worked out okay in the end.

We learn something new with every drive. Whether we retain that knowledge or not is another story.

I feel very blessed to have people put their trust in me and to be willing to follow me into parts unknown. I like to think it's because they know I have done my homework in advance and that I put a lot of effort into the details which help make things flow smoothly.

I also feel very blessed to have a partner who is equally passionate about enjoyable drives, attention to detail, and a desire to see other people smile. I can't imagine a better person with whom to share these journeys. Even after the last participant's car has departed on their trip home, Jason and I still find fun paths to take together on our return to our own garage. Yesterday was no exception and we skipped a good portion of the freeway to instead enjoy the canyon-route back toward home. Cat and mouse in two S2000s with someone you love is so much fun.

The EOQ Drive Group days, our Overdrive Adventures excursions, and the ability to enjoy them with a partner equally committed to delivering on the promises we make to the people who trust in us definitely make me a happy woman.
I missed it by a week. I'll be in socal for the next 7 days.
Old 06-27-2023, 06:40 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

My brother's wake and funeral are Thursday and Friday. How I wish his wife had opted for a celebration of life, instead of this morbid traditional stuff. There will be a luncheon afterwards that will be a bit more celebratory anyway. Once this is behind us, we will enjoy the weekend as my youngest sister and brother in law from SC will be staying with us. We enjoy their company. There will be some dinners out and a cookout on the 4th at the home of a mutual friend.
Old 06-27-2023, 08:21 AM

Received 3,480 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Back to California for 7 days. Electrician appointment this afternoon at my house. Then up to Kennedy Meadows on Thursday. This is TSA at DEN.
Old 06-27-2023, 08:23 AM

Received 4,238 Likes on 3,299 Posts

That is a weird ceiling/roof.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?