S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 04-20-2023, 12:40 PM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

Just got word that an old acquaintance is retiring. He's moving from Key West to Arizona. Providing my Doctor gives me the ok tomorrow I think we'll go down to the Schooner Wharf and hear him play one more time. My wife has had a running "friendly feud" with him for years. Here's a bit written about him. https://soul-of-keywest.com/michael-mccloud/ .

We'll also be there on Sunday morning at the cab driver end of the bar. That's a great place to hear stories about what happened on Saturday night. Cab drivers know it all.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:34 PM

Received 5,342 Likes on 3,178 Posts

Sounds like a very cool dude. I liked his 3-types of music groups.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:48 PM

Received 2,713 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Good luck with the install David, hopefully the brick moulding isn't too much work.
I believe the door said 30 minute install and I think that was just about right but......removing the old casing, cutting down the drywall because it was not flush with the jam set, digging out the table saw, cutting the brick moulding to fit, ripping down and adding lath to the brick moulding to make it the same size as the old casing, putting two coats of paint on the new moulding, removing the steps and hand railing so I could nail down the brick moulding, driving to the local hardware store for needed hardware for relocation the hand railing, re-installing the steps and re-assembling the hand rails took and additional 6-1/2 hours!

I think it is Miller time!
Old 04-20-2023, 02:03 PM

Received 2,752 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by fltsfshr
Just got word that an old acquaintance is retiring. He's moving from Key West to Arizona. Providing my Doctor gives me the ok tomorrow I think we'll go down to the Schooner Wharf and hear him play one more time. My wife has had a running "friendly feud" with him for years. Here's a bit written about him. https://soul-of-keywest.com/michael-mccloud/ .

We'll also be there on Sunday morning at the cab driver end of the bar. That's a great place to hear stories about what happened on Saturday night. Cab drivers know it all.
We saw him! He is great.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:07 PM

Received 4,014 Likes on 3,158 Posts

My Family headed down to Key West today, my sister’s friend’s band from R.I. is playing down there. I was invited but have too much going on.
May try to get the S out this weekend if I get a chance.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I believe the door said 30 minute install and I think that was just about right but......removing the old casing, cutting down the drywall because it was not flush with the jam set, digging out the table saw, cutting the brick moulding to fit, ripping down and adding lath to the brick moulding to make it the same size as the old casing, putting two coats of paint on the new moulding, removing the steps and hand railing so I could nail down the brick moulding, driving to the local hardware store for needed hardware for relocation the hand railing, re-installing the steps and re-assembling the hand rails took and additional 6-1/2 hours!

Old 04-20-2023, 02:19 PM

Received 3,535 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy

Good work David, that extra work sounds about right for the design of that doorway. I hope you are happy with the product itself, my wife really likes the one we got, it feels pretty good and works as designed.

Old 04-20-2023, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by robb
My Family headed down to Key West today, my sister’s friend’s band from R.I. is playing down there. I was invited but have too much going on.
May try to get the S out this weekend if I get a chance.
Where are they playing? What's the bands name? Maybe we'll see them. Key West is a small place with some great venues.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:31 PM

Where are they playing? What's the bands name? Maybe we'll see them. Key West is a small place with some great venues.
Band’s name is Rugburn and they are playing at the Green Parrot tonight.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:35 PM

The Parrot is our favorite bar in Key West. Always a great music venue.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?