S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 01-28-2023, 05:37 AM

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Thank you so much for the reassurance. Realtors are often motivated by things that don't necessarily help the client, as funny as that may sound. Firing a realtor is not an issue for me if it gets to that point. Thank you
Yes! Regardless of what they try to make you think, they are in it for the money.. It is their job after all. First and foremost they are watching out for them selves, and then maybe you, which is fine and expected as it is their job and they have kids to feed or whatever. One of the things that always gets me is a buyers agent (The one helping you find a house) ask you to sign an exclusivity contract.. really?? I always tell those guys "only if you sign one going the other way" ! And then I walk and look for someone else.
With the internet these days its easy to find
houses you like and then you can find an agent to show them to you. The agent ALWAYS wants to show you the ones that put more money in their pocket.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:04 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Dave Barry had a great column about realtors.
paraphrasing "It doesn't matter if you sell it yourself to a guy you met in a grocery store while the realtor is sunning on a beach in Aruba, the realtor still gets 6%"
Old 01-28-2023, 06:14 AM
Member (Premium)

On a separate topic.
I want to work on my cars in my garage, but it's winter which means it's cold in there.
True as part of the house, it's not quite cold like outside, but it isn't T-shirt conditions.

We used to have 4 zones of hydronic heating. When we went over to heat pumps we made that 3 zones.
This meant I now had an extra tap prewired and pre-plumbed to add another heating zone.
I was struggling to figure out a way to add it for cheap, it is after all just for the garage.
I had found an integrated heat exchanger fan on ebay but it was $500 when everything was said and done I just couldn't pull trigger.
Yesterday I happened to be on facebook marketplace when lo and behold someone was selling off 6 full air handlers for $100 each.
Bingo!! going over to pick up one and maybe two today.
I'll only run it when I'll be working in the garage.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:23 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
On a separate topic.
I want to work on my cars in my garage, but it's winter which means it's cold in there.
True as part of the house, it's not quite cold like outside, but it isn't T-shirt conditions.

We used to have 4 zones of hydronic heating. When we went over to heat pumps we made that 3 zones.
This meant I now had an extra tap prewired and pre-plumbed to add another heating zone.
I was struggling to figure out a way to add it for cheap, it is after all just for the garage.
I had found an integrated heat exchanger fan on ebay but it was $500 when everything was said and done I just couldn't pull trigger.
Yesterday I happened to be on facebook marketplace when lo and behold someone was selling off 6 full air handlers for $100 each.
Bingo!! going over to pick up one and maybe two today.
I'll only run it when I'll be working in the garage.
Nice!! Our garage stays at about 65 as the boiler for the house is in the garage that is the good news but it is extremely narrow so very hard to work on even my S in it in winter.
One other minor detail is it is not my garage so really don't want to make a mess in it.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:28 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I have a portable propane heater for the garage. I just fired it up so that I can wash and clean the inside of the cars.

I would love to fine a down draft furnace that I could put in the garage attic.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:33 AM

Dave Barry had a great column about realtors.
paraphrasing "It doesn't matter if you sell it yourself to a guy you met in a grocery store while the realtor is sunning on a beach in Aruba, the realtor still gets 6%"
Not always the case, the percentage ,like everything else, is negotiable, been there done that. And we had a deal once that if I sold the house the realtor got 1 or 2 percent for finishing the paperwork.
Everything is negotiable!
Old 01-28-2023, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I have a portable propane heater for the garage. I just fired it up so that I can wash and clean the inside of the cars.

I would love to fine a down draft furnace that I could put in the garage attic.
Yes, I have a big kerosene heater for my garage/shop if need be. A furnace for out there would be nice, but no natural gas here and propane prices are out of this world!
Heck, I put a wood stove in my house so I dont have to use propane there either

Last edited by A.O.; 01-28-2023 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:52 AM
Member (Premium)

BTW this is the house that the air handlers are coming out of.
I think I'm in love. 9 car garage and you have to look at what is in there.
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...3_M33047-29640

The property taxes are only $95k a year and I thought mine were bad.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:58 AM

Very nice, until you have to heat it or cool it or put a new roof on.... And 7+ mil for 2 1/2 acres?? Are they crazy???
We pay about $1100 a year here!

Last edited by A.O.; 01-28-2023 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:02 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

I like the way the garage doors are set up. I'll take the Dino!!

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?